People be playing FFXIV too much, healers dont dps in WoW

Healers and tanks do upwards of 50% of the dps of dps in FFXIV, in most high end groups if healers dont use globals on dps you simply cannot clear endgame content, its that bad, WoW is not ffxiv and dps doing 90% of the dps of healer, healers who try to focus globals on dps in M+ 15 or higher keys are only going to be blacklisted from keys for being a bad healer, remember what game youre playing before giving healers bad advice in high keys and mythic raiding

49 Likes

So do you stand there and wait to heal someone when you have downtime?

Sounds stupid.

146 Likes

Healers have been DPSing in WoW since Vanilla. :thinking:

My first ever toon was an Undead Priest. Between Renew and PW:S casts, I’d wand enemies to death.

The only difference almsot 20 years later is that DPS requirements are more difficult.

89 Likes

All DPS counts in M+ and raiding. If you are not dpsing in downtime, you are the reason boss hits enrage or M+ timer fails.

58 Likes

Healers have been dpsing since Vanilla days when this game launched, people who argue against it are just bad healers.

41 Likes

Forum’s been having a weird “Healers don’t do DPS!” phase lately… This is probably the 14th related thread I’ve seen in the past week.

37 Likes

Real hot topic, healers are DPSing right now for the first time in WoW’s history.

13 Likes

I love healers who don’t DPS because it’s easy to kick them / avoid them in the future. I also love those healers when they argue they shouldn’t have to DPS as a healer. It’s like the player wants others to know that they’re lazy and don’t intend on helping the group when there’s downtime.

30 Likes

It’s actually discouraged me from working into the healer role. Was trying to get into it for the first time for the past 6 months on my Druid but I’m not gonna deal with this garbage again.

Tanking had enough of that for me starting out back in WoD.

29 Likes

The core of the argument is that no one should be sitting idle while in combat. That’s all it is. 99% of the time, no one cares if your DPS as a healer is “bad” as long as you’re not literally staring at the rest of the group fight when no healing is needed.

Also, this is mostly a dungeon thing. When it comes to Raiding, especially below Mythic, no one will care even if you never hit a DPS button, because you can’t just sit and regain mana like you can every 20 seconds in a dungeon, and if it’s Normal/Heroic and your healers can get away with regularly DPSing, chances are the group is better off having someone switch to a DPS spec in the first place.

22 Likes

You can tell a good healer from a bad healer by the size of their pump :grin:

7 Likes

Healers in ff14 do more than 50% DPS. It’s more like 75 when playing sage.

It’s kind of crazy tbh

6 Likes

Meanwhile here in reality, M+ meta since inception has been around which healer is able to do the most DPS while sustaining just enough throughput that people don’t die.

18 Likes

Disc s1 of shadowlands. Was taken very often for esports but the spec could barely keep people alive

6 Likes

Healer DPS rotation in XIV: 111111111-2-1111111
I miss Cleric Stance.

15 Likes

Probably even longer than that, challenge modes in MoP come to mind.

4 Likes

I’m sure you love Healer Shortages.

30 Likes

Yeah, though a lot of that was more so what DPS specs can keep someone alive in boss fights and can you figure out a way to drop combat long enough to change specs

Stormstout frantically swapping to Boomy before final boss is activated was always fun

If you have significant downtime then pull more mobs or do a harder key.

29 Likes

Hell no. Thats crap. How about DPS step their game up.

34 Likes