People are literally Un-subbing because of the Dynamic Flight Change

So that’s you and three others out of … how many million players?

They want to recreated the WoD exodus.

Wait physical harm? Who is doing that? Also yes if millions of people in this world are that insane it is a genuine reason to worry.

In a year’s time, you’ll all have wasted half a day waiting for that 5 second toggle…

This reminds me of people unsubbing (or saying they had) from Elder Scrolls Online, when it was still a must-sub MMO, because chairs were just decorative, and you couldn’t sit on them (later changed, and you can now.)

Gotta love nerd rage.

what change are you even talking about? and lmao, no they aren’t

The forum is definitely the tribal capital, but I see it constantly in things like LFR and battlegrounds, particularly on retail. Some of it is the usual ‘video game bro’ nonsense, and that is whatever to me, but I’ve reported more players in-game in the last week or so than I’ve ever reported in a video game - for things like racism and sexism and other abusive topics and explicit adult topics and so on and so forth. And then I’ve ended up pugged back into groups with those same players a day or two later almost like reporting them added them to a preferred players list instead.

Taken on the whole, I’ve never seen a community this toxic. One or more might well exist, but this is the worst I’ve seen myself, and I don’t really feel like paying a fee to interact with those kinds of people. I have better single player games, and there are MMOs without this kind of behavior (because they are run by companies that don’t tolerate it).

1 Like

We should be able to set a specific selection for each mount.

Like I want my love rocket to always be regular flying and my renewed Proto-Drake with the rasageth skin to always be my dynamic flight mount.

I’d prefer to not have to dismount, click a button, wait for the five second cast to finish, then click another button to summon my mount again EVERY time I want to switch flight styles.

I’m not sure why blizzard always takes an opportunity that could make the game feel better to play and twist it in a way that makes the game more obnoxious.

6 Likes

You can still do this. There are flying mounts that did not get the Skyriding treatment, so you can be in skyriding mode and use the non converted mount and have both on your hotbar without using the toggle.

The only issue is you don’t get to pick and choose which mount you use. But most of us that used this tech (myself included) only used it to reach branches or nodes or treasures and used the secondary mount for maybe 5-10 seconds at a time.

A quality of life downgrade to suit an aesthetic. But now you’ll travel just a little bit slower than before once you factor in the wait.

Their hatred for traditional flying is because it allowed people to chill undisturbed in the air. That hurts their funny metric. It’s likely why they added the annoying sky patrol in Mechagon and the annoying birds in ZM. You even had the annoying crap in the caverns with dragonriding. They’ve had a hatred of flying since WoD but they got spanked with the unsubs in WoD and seem to have had an agenda against it ever since. And they post here.

People are always “unsubbing” over things they don’t like but for some reason are still here.

Don’t put much faith in people claiming they’re leaving over a new feature. They rarely actually mean it.

I’m glad people are quitting. They need to feel this hard. It really does suck. I canceled my sub as well this isn’t the Blizzard I know. This company feels alien to me to be honest. The might as well change the company name and logo cause this isn’t Blizzard.

Once my sub times runs out not looking back till there is a change in leadership.

1 Like

I guess the ideal, even though impractical, would be for each mount (and druid form) its own internal customizable flight mode.

1 Like

So, the .5 person that is quitting, are they split horizontally or vertically? Or is this a Jekyll and Hyde situation, where Jekyll wakes up every morning and needs to resub?

I imagine it’s more like they hover the delete account button but can’t bring themselves to do it. Or like me, they take a 3-4 months break then randomly get that WoW itch again and come back.

They should just make mount equipment individually to each mount. Then add dragon flight as an equipment you can slot in.
The system would become beloved.

It would allow us to assign a mount to each equipment type an put it on our bars.

That is a terrible idea and I would absolutely hate it. Just set the toggle to each mount individually. Everyone wins and its a much less drastic change.

2 Likes

No, you cannot. Patch notes:

“New Ability: Switch Flight Style – Switch between Skyriding and Steady Flight styles for flying mounts. Mounts that don’t support Skyriding will be grounded if Skyriding is active. 5 second cast time. Learned at level 20. This ability is located in the Mount Journal.”

Edit: well, yes, you can use them. But you cannot fly with them, so this is not a fix.

4 Likes

I’m very sorry for your loss.

1 Like

6.5 seconds, takes five seconds to cast switch flight (which dismounts you, and cannot be cast while moving or flying) than another 1.5 to cast a mount again. As opposed to single 1.5 second cast of switching mounts like before.

Also keep in mind prior to this druids could switch instantly from dynamic to normal flight by just dropping to flight form mid flight.