People are literally Un-subbing because of the Dynamic Flight Change

Right…I understand that the “switch flight style” toggle is available. I was just speaking to Raspet’s mention of a 3rd choice with my own thoughts.

And so basically, the static flying ability of the Red Flying Cloud mount has been completely removed. 3rd choice has been removed.

1 Like

I have no issue with the change, I’m a fan of static flight so I hit the button to switch to it and now I’m enjoying faster flying. I don’t believe I’ll need to enable skyriding anymore so it’s a win for me. Nice troll post tho.

2 Likes

so turn it off.

There are more leaving cause of them sticking PathFinder again on Steady Flight…enough is enough…if Dynamic flight can be used day 1 of TWW then Steady Flight should be too.

well said.

1 Like

You can’t take the sky from me :notes:

2 Likes

ok…but you have to admit…being upset about a change is one thing…but trolls being upset about others being upset is just a tad …‘off’ lol

1 Like

It’s a 5 second toggle, not a 5 minute or 5 hour toggle.

If people want to leave over something silly I guess it’s non of my business.

:dracthyr_tea:

If its silly then it can be removed, easily I’m sure. Freedom!’ 🪽 :umbrella:

3 Likes

huh…now that actually sounds like Ion kinda thinking there. lol.
Maybe that is his logic in doing it like this.
Wouldnt be the first time hes pointlessly done something to cause more /played time, lol

1 Like

Id be more worried, if I were you, about the ones in here literally willing to wish physical harm on someone over a video game.
Someone being irritated over a change they dont like and you ACTUALLY believe THAT is a real issue? lol

1 Like

Mary Poppins style?

3 Likes

I only hated dragon riding because I was stuck with 5 bland looking dragons while all the cool mounts I earned over the years were useless, I’m loving the new flight system with all my mounts.

1 Like

Yup. It was a good thought. I had it in the beta myself, and tried it, so I was sad to see it in the patch notes as official.

That’s the whole thing here. If Switch Flight Style had been introduced along with dynamic flight during DF – in other words, if you had never had the option to simply switch mounts to switch speed – I think a few people would have gone “this is inconvenient”, but people would be less mad.

We’re mad because a quality of life situation we had has now been taken away.

5 Likes

Part of what’s causing people to talk past each other is referring to this as a single change. Really, it’s two changes.

1. Lots of mounts were made capable of operating in the same fashion as what we called Dragonflying and is now called Dyanmic Flight. That increases the cosmetic options for everyone while engaging in that type of flight, which everyone thinks is a good change.
  2. The SECOND change is that all those mounts are now bound together to operate as a bundle using the same flight mechanism. This is not a cosmetic enhancement, but rather a mechanical detriment, because under the prior system you could have a Dragonflight mount and a stead-state flying mount on your action bar, and switch as needed based on what was more efficient. The loss of this option is a negative change. Now you need to operate a stance switching button that wasn’t necessary before.

It’s the second change that has people complaining, but because it was all rolled out together, people talk about the two changes under the same title. So you have people going, “why complain about having all these cosmetic options?” That, of course, is not the complaint. The complaint is the introduction of a mechanical inconvenience that was not present before.

The best solution I’ve seen is that we should be allowed to set a default in our mount journal (all dynamic flight or all steady flight) and then be able to toggle individual mounts to operate in the opposite fashion. Allowing us to restore the benefit we’ve had for Dragonflight of being able to place both mount types on our action bar without needing to use a stance-switch.

10 Likes

it isn’t that deep. With a new expansion coming, it isn’t that many unsubbing over something so silly.

the real question is how many of these people saying they unsub and deleted wow actually truly had the guts to do it? im guessing prop truly none of them. they all will still be playing and even playing in TWW

Meh, I’ve quit over less, and come back over even less than that.

2 Likes

Yes, it’s all a ploy to boost time-played metrics by…

*checks notes*

…having people stand still for 5 seconds sometimes. A drastic increase, to be sure.

People are literally unsubbing because Ranchermoo is a noob.
That statement is just as true as yours.
You are welcome.