People are literally Un-subbing because of the Dynamic Flight Change

:neutral_face:

I’m not mad about it, forum troll.

Just stop lying and pretending.

1 Like

It wasn’t possible for those of us who haven’t used old riding even once since Skyriding came about to use our old mounts though. Willing to bet far more people are happy to have our old mounts back than are crying they can’t AFK in the air in Orgrimmar.

2 Likes

Note: the people who praise this change tend to be those that have some strange hatred for the traditional flying in wow.

Very dev-ish

3 Likes

You seem pretty mad about it.

Skyriding on every mount is fantastic and the toggle could be shorter but is ultimately fine.

4 Likes

Agreed. I like having both Skyriding and Steady available for different purposes.

Going from “keybind press for mount” on the mount I want to use to “spell press > wait 5 seconds > keybind press for mount” to have to switch to an entirely different mode of flying on every mount is objectively worse than the previous system. It slows me down and adds to the button bloat they want so much to pare down.

It just needs a better implementation for better user experience. I’d like it to be at a mount-level, or have the option to toggle it for selected mounts. Set and forget.

5 Likes

Why would I be mad? I’m subbed for classic. lol wtf

I just find it weird how forum trolls have so much hatred for traditional systems and the people that prefer them. You’re weird and you’re trying to use lies to frame the situation.

The option between them was already there. This “new” option made ithe choice worse(slower).

6 Likes

Ironically they also think that circumventing the party limit in BGs is not degenerate.

Makes you think…hmmm

:thinking:

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

1 Like

Then throw in things like 5 seconds adds more time for a mob or player to aggro you so now you’re in combat and can’t start casting your mount, and it’s those few seconds more to get to that node or chest you were competing to get before someone else uses it and it fades …

The big thing is that it’s taking something away that we have already had, and that bl*ws.

7 Likes

I’m a little worried for the future of humanity then if that many people are getting that upset and overreacting that much over an option anyone who is half decent at the game would never even consider using.

3 Likes

They just lost the narrative and are now raging against us old timers. The truth of the matter is that players need to be allowed to choose. Punishing player choice never works out well as we saw with covenants in systemlands.

:surfing_man: :surfing_woman:

8 Likes

The only place I witness this is the forum.

1 Like

True, general discussion has more PVP than WoW arenas lately.

But yes the WoW reddit is a more cooler place to discuss WoW or share transmogs combos.

2 Likes

I too certainly (for imprint certain too) won’t be quitting, but it does seem like something is off. Toward the beginning of this change several months ago, the plan was being presented as if only “some” static flying mounts were being updated to gain the dragon riding ability. But now, every single solitary static flying mount now includes the Sky Riding ability? If this was their plan all along, then so be it, but my question still remains. Are there any flying mounts that did not gain the Sky Riding ability which could then be viewed as a 3rd choice.

2 Likes

There are some, like the Red Flying Cloud from Pandaria (and its remix recolors), but you cannot use them if you’re set for Skyriding on the others:

“New Ability: Switch Flight Style – Switch between Skyriding and Steady Flight styles for flying mounts. Mounts that don’t support Skyriding will be grounded if Skyriding is active. 5 second cast time. Learned at level 20. This ability is located in the Mount Journal.” (From the patch notes.)

Hey man you know what I hope they do. They obviously needed a break. maybe theyll go outside now

1 Like

Yeah I thought they said they learned their lessons from systemlands? Apparently not because they are punishing switch between the two like they did with covenants.

2 Likes

This is an overreaction and that’s all it is. Players in this game love to kick and scream over the smallest things.

1 Like

*For you
/10 char

6 Likes

Make it instant. Freedom!!! Let our wings be unchained!! 🪽 :umbrella:

2 Likes