People are literally Un-subbing because of the Dynamic Flight Change

Change the switch cast to instant, keep the requirement of being on the ground. Then the game is exactly the same as before (because mount summon time will still exist), but with the ability to skyride on mounts thay previously couldn’t and static fly on mounts that also previously couldn’t.

Thats the solution to the problem. Any complaints after that, and it’s complaints for the sake of complaining.

(This reply wasnt directed at you, just the subtopic that started in the thread and you happened to be the last one to speak on it with useful input)

1 Like

I basically said the same thing on forums before and got a forum ban because it was negative or didn’t help the conversation or some such lame excuse.

Sometimes I wonder where people come up with this stuff. Truthfully the simple solution to allow TBC normal flying with no strings attached and to discard PF requirements.

:surfing_man: :surfing_woman:

1 Like

The issue is the cast time to change is slower than me just picking a different mount to interact with the world differently or when out of vigor. The change might have been better to spend one vigor to switch with a CD and that CD is seen on both dynamic and stable flying.

They decided to make a change for the community without really understanding why the community liked using both methods. This was their interpretation and if they feel strongly enough to leave over it - they should. It’s their money to spend on what makes them happy, if that breaks the back - then it breaks the back.

Good of you to inform the community of how it works, less so to judge.

Sounds like someone got ganked and found a game mechanic to blame it on…

You should get your money back for that hat, since it is clearly not doing you any favors.

Do me a favor and stop using “the community”. I am a part of “the community” and i have exactly 0 issues with the way they deployed this.

I wanted dynamic flight on my flying mounts.

I got dynamic flight on my flying mounts.

Easy.

1 Like

But I am Homelander, and i can say whatever I want.

I was being facetious there, but if you want a serious answer, I swap talents (5 seconds) and swap my active pet (3 seconds) pretty frequently, and I expect I’ll even tame new pets (6 seconds, not counting research, travel, and potential waiting) more often than I’ll ever switch flight styles.

40 years I’ve been wondering and TIL. Today’s a good day.

So you are the part of the community that they designed this feature for, and you like it. Why do you think you should be able to speak for the entire community, including those this appears to have been intended to inconvenience?

Why does your avatar show you as a worgen?

1 Like

Wake me up if anyone figuratively unsubs.

Idk when games, that you PAY for, got to be about making sure only the best can play them. But this happened and now it seems to be the general idea.

dynamic flight I massively prefer, but the flight mode should be an INSTANT toggle and BOTH flying modes should be available at all times.

requiring pathfinder for either is stupid and anti-casual. requiring 5 seconds to channel on the ground to swap flight styles is anti-fun.

They really should fix this, but I’m not upset enough personally to quit or anything. I’m definitely giga-pro these changes though. They’d be PURE up-side for the entire playerbase.

4 Likes

hit a nerve there huh buddy? all too close for comfort then?

Lots of projection going on in your second paragraph.

I absolutely hated dragon flying, glad I can fly normal now.

1 Like

Ah yes, only the best can play the game because… Let’s see here… They have to quest to unlock steady flight. Truly catering to the 0.001%

The first one is literally a topic about how people aren’t going to use the old dragons to skyride anymore. NONE of them are complaining about pathfinder, or the switch AT ALL! Lmao. Did you actually look at any of these before you posted? Geez

I really don’t see the point of Dragonriding/Skyriding. I can do without it. It is more annoying than anything. I’ve selected it off on all my chars so they can just get somewhere without a lot of interactive nonsense. I guess they thought it would be fun - NOT.

3 Likes

They say their unsubbing. But give it a few days to a couple weeks and they’ll be back.