Pelagos, WoW's First Transgender Character(Confirmed)

We can agree on that. Calling the Confederate flag a participation trophy Works well though

Liberal professors

And you can’t learn about the people the statues idolize in the same way… why?

What? Of course we learn about Stalin. We learn a lot about him. The problem is that a lot of history is very general, except in the US with US history. And in that US history, they whitewash the Confederacy.

1 Like

oh… great

THANKS BLIZZARD

You turned your LGBT trend into another political OFF WOW TOPIC.

I hope to see a good expansion after the beta.

no more disappointments.

what do you mean they whitewash it… From what I learned in school it was pushed into our skulls that it was evil and wrong and such.

hmm… Airbender Avatar Aang whitewashing movie… that’s bull… :poop:

Ghost in the Shell movie…

The Lone Ranger movie Tonto plz…

Was it? I suppose it depends where you’re schooled. A lot of schools teach it was about state rights, ignoring the fact it was about the state rights on slaves. And that it was formed because northern states had different laws on escaped slaves, as one of the beginning factors.

There is a very large population of Americans who don’t know this, or who defend the Confederacy anyway. And there are military bases named after the generals, too.

I’d say that’s completely opposite, but Stalin was just an example either way. Again, statues are just an example of dismantling the past, and forgetting its lessons.

Statues to honour these specific people are not good. That’s what the statues are, and always were. The Confederate statues in particular were raised many, many decades after the war. They were never intended as a reminder about a stain on these states’ history, they were intended to honour them. Which is the problem.

Statues very, very rarely are there as a reminder of dark times - and when they are, there’s absolutely no problem with them staying up. But the statues in question, again, are not for that purpose.

But knowing a character’s sexuality is what makes them interesting apparently according to these forums and people on reddit and twitter. Their actions and personality aren’t what make characters interesting, only the gender they lay with does.

3 Likes

that actually is true though. there were obviously many factors, obviously slavery was one of them.

but you’re the one who wants to whitewash history by literally erasing historical representation of it so it can be reconstituted however you wish.

after all, with no material historical record, who can say who is wrong or right? it would be exactly what the soviets or chinese communists wanted to achieve by destroying historical monuments.

secondly not all of the figures they want to erase even were involved in the civil war. they wanted to tear down statues of jefferson and george washington too

i mean most my friends who grew up in all sorts of different states were taught the same thing. Non of us grew up in the south though so cant say anything about that, north car is the most south ive been in school with (well i did a month in florida but I do not think i was in a history class there).

1 Like

I want to remove the monuments that idolize and honour these people. I do not want to remove them from the history books, nor do I suggest they be destroyed when they are historical monuments (though some far, far younger than you may think), and would be better put in a museum where the proper documentation can be provided to properly educate people.

Again - how do you know who Hitler is if there are no statues of him? That completely defeats your point about whitewashing history.

Also as I’ve said, I don’t support the vigilante destruction of public property.

1 Like

A cyborg anime character who can be anything. Im kinda ehhhhhh about that one.

I still have no idea what they were thinking

But look what they want to do to the next 007 movie.

1 Like

Scarlet was specifically put in as the lead because they, “couldn’t make the movie if they didn’t”. No one would have greenlit it if they had cast a more accurate character.

See above, especially since they wanted to sell it with his name.

Remember only one race can be racist, they must all pay for crimes that their ancestors did.

That was actually the start of his name being synonymous with box-office poison

I don’t think anyone here said that. In fact, I specifically said that idea is monumentally stupid.

Have we collectively decided if Ralph is a troll yet? There’s no way someone could accidentally consistently make so many inflammatory threads.

I mean, this thread was originally made by someone else when Pelagos was datamined, Ralph posted in that thread and now a week later makes his own.

2 Likes

I’m pretty happy that the truth to the allegations against him came to light though. I feel really bad for him.

1 Like

it isn’t at all the same because not all of the figures are even civil war figures.

wanting to get rid of george washington has nothing to do with the civil war…obviously. same with thomas jefferson.

it’s not even specifically about the civil war, it’s about leftists opposition to the us constitution and people understanding us history.

why else would they want to destroy mount rushmore? because of the civil war?

their motivations are exactly that of the bolsheviks and maoists in wanting to destroy elements of the previous regime…

similarly modern leftists want to destroy our knowledge of the constitution and us history because they oppose the rights the constitution gives us, such as the right to free speech, bear arms etc.

that and they simply oppose all traditionalism and constitutionalism for obvious reasons and because the constitution restricts state power

1 Like