Pelagos, WoW's First Transgender Character(Confirmed)

So, this is about an N.P.C. that dies as a girl and is reborn as a boy?
And you are telling all the world about how they feel?
Tell me, did that N.P.C. give you some kind of permission to speak for them?
Or have you took it upon yourself? Now also, I noticed you were making statements about Blizz. no way do you know what they think. no one does.
Anyway, in what way is it any of your business, telling the world what someone else is thinking or feeling?

i don’t understand why i need to care about or support a political agenda to play a game is the point…

Except that you’d be reasonably wrong if you’re taking this post as evidence for it.

The only support you would get is people who breed hate for him just because.

Not tolerating immoral history in our own countries is very different from trying to impose values on other nations - even though slave trade is absolutely immoral, and still ongoing. It still exists in the west too, and needs to be stamped out.

But this sounds a lot like, “There are starving children in Africa, so you shouldn’t complain” - someone having it worse doesn’t invalidate your problems.

1 Like

well seeing as I’ve mentioned to you specifically that all his threads are like this…

Blockquote Get used to it. We are part of life, whenever you can’t handle reality it isn’t our problem, the future is now, blizzard will keep adding more and more diverse characters so the angry people can either get used to it or leave.

So this is just another OP from ralph in another thread, there is no reason to be hostile and pushy. This was talking about the Night Warriors gay relationship.

After that comment he listed 3 things and a link to Wowhead, eventually the thread got locked, but he’s done it over and over. The hostility is not needed.

latin americans, asians, africans, europeans and everyone has rights.

First you have to focus on a diverse world in which everyone has a right, before talking about gender deviations.

and not to take these topics as a source of trends and business at moments that would be almost useless in gameplay and lore of a videogame.

how can history be immoral? history simply is.

if we erased all memory of the slave trade…we would actually erase all knowledge of the horrors of slavery.

meanwhile the fact that slavery still exists in parts of the world is the actually immoral part

1 Like

Plenty of people do that already. I don’t support any political agenda either, I just support the actual game mechanics and systems being implemented BEFORE these agendas, because the virtue signaling is there to gain PR points for their crappy expansion.

I do however contend with irrational anger to someone and someone’s post even though it’s not provocative at all.

1 Like

History happened - and we need to learn from it, and one of the best ways to do that is to not idolize it nor shy away from the dark parts of it. That includes the slave trade, racism, bigotry, and all the other things.

Like the Confederate statues which were erected long after the war itself ended. They should not be retained, nor should the names of military bases be named after enemy generals.

Nobody is asking people to erase it. That’s what books are for. But having statutes and memorials about these people is a problem.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s hate, I’d say it’s more like disdain.

Again, he chooses to do this all the time. I think people don’t like being called fools, or being tricked.

He is quite literally a troll.

why should statues not be maintained though. they are literally historical elements that showcase historical facts.

also considering the logic of the people tearing down the monuments and their attitude towards history in general, i don’t know if i trust them to properly preserve history.

secondly people wanted to get rid of monuments of george washington and other founding fathers of the us…i mean by that logic are they “enemies” because they fought the british and the british are the presumed “victors” and rulers of the us.

it’s pretty absurd…considering britain was itself widely involved in the slave trade during different periods.

really though. the point is when you erase material representations of a historical event, you come closer to simply erasing that event from the public mind entirely or from historical memory.

that’s the point.

if i wanted to erase history i would begin by erasing all public memories of the past. that is what communist regimes have done throughout history and the logic is therefore not surprising to me, but i don’t think it is a good thing.

I’m just someone who knows erasing history dooms us to repeat it.

If in an alternate universe Ralph left out the last chunk of words in the original post, people would still label him a troll.

Getting rid of them is getting rid of history. There is already a huge prevalent if you’re not with us you’re against us mentality on the left. And those who forget history are doomed to repeat it.

1 Like

Because statues are meant to idolize those the statue is dedicated to. And no one should idolize an enemy general, nor an immoral being that hurt innocent people.

The people these statues represent are still in history books, and are still taught today. Just with more than a little bias in some places.

Again, I did not say anything about erasing history. Erasing history is the worst thing you can do - next to idolizing and whitewashing it.

How do you know who Hitler is, if there are no statues of him in Germany? Was removing his statues not, “erasing” history?

That’s something that the left is getting wrong, in my opinion. Monuments to evil shouldn’t be torn down, they should be rounded up and kept as a tangible example. Something that people can see and learn from. So that when we need to, we can say “see, this is what happens when you let certain things happen the way they did.”, “This is the evil that can crop up.”

Erasing history just means we’ll have to relearn the lessons of of the past, and it’s never an easy process.

Museums? movies? books? Chuck the statues in a museum. But destroying hundred-year-old statue just because you don’t like it isn’t going to help.

1 Like

Oh boy whitewashing.

So you’re a racist. Good to know.

I wouldn’t. Though, after he went on to berate posters and call for the censorship of dissenting voices, then I’d call him a troll.

1 Like