Pelagos, WoW's First Transgender Character(Confirmed)

Generally when people talk about ‘transition’ they normally think of the whole package - that is, taking T/E, and going through surgery.

Some trans folk choose not to do all of that - it makes sense, top/bottom surgery is REALLY expensive (most people get clocked for top surgery at around 4-6k) - and instead might ‘transition’ solely through clothing choices, name changes, that stuff.

For some, simply accepting that they are is enough, and they’ll work into it as they grow and steadily become more comfortable with their true selves.
It’s…a little hard to explain.

1 Like

Okay so everyone that’s done or said things against BLM/LGBT/Etc should be ignored and shunned? So every single person (celebrity/etc) should be canceled, not given a chance to apologize? change? grow?

Oh you werent ironic then, ewwww, bye

In the wow forums? yes I am making a statement that ignoring bigots should be normalized so more people do that in order for them to realize they are not welcome as well as always posting in a pro LGBT manner reminding them we exist and their beliefs arent welcome. You might start seeing a pattern here ;^)

In real life ignoring a bigot wont achieve anything because you dont get to make public statements about them unless you are a politician, so your silent ignore does nothing, here’s the problem, it is SILENT, unless you make a fuss nothing changes so if you want change, you must do the opposite of silent which of course upsets many people, but few people are willing to incur the upset wrath of the status quo.

This will be easy? This isn’t a competition, it’s a conversation. I don’t know what about that was hard up to this point.

Also, going to leave this here.

re·verse psy·chol·o·gy
noun
noun: reverse psychology
1. the principle or practice of subtly encouraging a behavior or belief by advocating its opposite.
“I use a bit of reverse psychology and say, “It’s okay if you can’t do it, we can make it easier””

So, when Ralph opens a thread by making a point, but finishing it by telling people that “they better not be bigots!”, what does he reasonably think the responses will be? Well, when Ralph does this in multiple threads, he should have realistically learned that berating people will derail the conversation. If he continues to berate people, you have to assume it’s intentional.

This is from Changing minds, and is poorly written but it gets the point across.

Reverse Psychology

Description

Get somebody to do something you want by suggesting that they do the opposite.

This works better when the other person is worked up and making emotional decisions rather than thinking things through.

A common form of reverse psychology is to forbid an action. When you say ‘do not X’ you are also implanting the suggestion to do X.

If they say they will do something, you can express doubt that they will do this. They then have to assert they will do it (and then actually do it) to prove you wrong.

1 Like

i’d prefer for blizzard to let me ignores those agendas more personally…to say you can’t hide from those agendas in a video game…i mean. that’s the point of entertainment for many people. escapism.

also blm is literally a political movement…so…

unfortunately there are people who take advantage of the panic to use their trend and merchandise, Blizzard are did it.

And the worst thing that is taking an off topic about the lore of the game, well did it focus on the lgbt community, and the rest of the game? I hope I am not disappointed as BfA just for these things.

And what is the worst too, that their tolerance makes many who do not agree intolerant, with the result that it is still the same thing that happened in the past intolerant of a majority (paradox of tolerance vs. intolerance), you want an example: why do you think which banned WoWhead commentaries? I knew the double moral dilemma about this and nobody cares.

Oh, well alright then. I just learnt something new today. :blush:

Yes. Societal standards and pressure begs change if it’s based purely out of prejudice. They aren’t held accountable by law for speaking, but they are held accountable for violating code of conduct and just general human decency.

Cancel culture is a form of intolerance that is tyrannical in nature. This is irrelevant to our discussion, no one is advocating for policing.

This goes back to answer I gave in the first quote. Change and growth is a result of societal pressures and/or punishments when it’s brought about by not following code of conduct/basic human decency.

I think you and I have some changing and growing to do as well. Ralph probably does too.

I don’t deny Ralph has been suspended from the forums a few times, which begs change when he returns.

this is just absurd.

so now if we disagree with blm we should be banned from the forums etc?

even though we didn’t violate the actual code of conduct at all.

also it’s a clear political movement…and you are basically demanding people accept your political sensibilities to play the game which seems absurd.

way to alienate literally half your playerbase

2 Likes

Didn’t BLM just get owned by having their statue torn down and hurled into the garbage where it belongs?

1 Like

don’t forget Blizzchong contreversie…

Can’t you see how much hypocrisy is in this thread?

1 Like

Yes what your response was, was easy to reply to, because I thought you’d pull something that I must have missed. Going back to my previous statement, talking about issues like this is inherently difficult, so I don’t know where the disconnect is with you.

Fine, but as I already explained, the “pOliTiCs” argument is not a good argument, so what did people do? They didn’t make that argument because they know it’s a bad one. So they just resorted to calling him a troll instead.

Which is the whole thing I’m defending.

It’s stored at a museum for the artist to retrieve. This was because the artist did it without the knowledge of the city and without permission.

Meh, it’s trash that needs to be kept somewhere else and not invigorate hate.

reminder the person you are talking to is the kind(they literally did this in the forums) that whined that their friends were ditching them for having disgusting bigoted beliefs and voting for hateful people. If someone is so bad that their friends abandon them then…

THat kind of person is clearly not something worth replying to.

I’d say the statue of the slave trader that was up before promoted more hate.

1 Like

Pardon me if I misspoke, but nobody is violating the code of conduct no matter if it’s Ralph, or a BLM supporter/disagreer. None of those have been banned yet.

But people can intentionally spam-flag the posts as a way of trial by public opinion. That’s what I was talking about in terms of punishment, not punishments made by moderators in terms of banning.

… This has nothing to do with anything, at all. You’re talkin’ out of your rear.

You know, it’s the little things that you say are interesting.

In all fairness though, if somebody is just in general insulting you, you know you don’t have to just take it, you can just mute/block them. Maybe instead of writing these silly threads to people, you should maybe teach people how to ignore insults on the internet. Instead of trying to get people removed or act like some sort of big hero by “exposing” people, i.e affecting you emotionally.

If ignoring somebody on the internet is to show them they aren’t welcome, it will work in real life.

So what your saying is, you need to rely on somebody else to solve the problem instead of solving it yourself just by ignoring the person?..

What happened to “you need to stand up for yourself” Ralph? Now your saying “you need somebody else to do the work for me?” :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Not really. Have you heard of Actions speak louder then words? Ignoring people in silence is an action, by not speaking any words to the person or even acknowledge their there. Just because it’s silent, doesn’t mean your not giving an answer or statement.

If you do the opposite, you would have a much better chance by not being intentionally divisive or insult and be quick to label people as bad for the slightest question of your motives, ideas and opinions and actually want a dialog with people to come to some sort of agreement or resolution. You don’t put on a “You want peace? prepare for war” attitude.

1 Like

You’re right, I should take a page out of Ralph’s book and just advocate for people to ignore him cause he’s hostile and a troll…

wait a second…

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :face_with_monocle: :face_with_monocle: :face_with_monocle:

Better go screaming at some Africans right now then, if that’s a problem.