Pelagos. Is Transgender

Gods please. >.< Blizz hasn’t done very well with most relationships. I hope they do so here.

I think they’re doing fine so far.

2 Likes

Already addressed.

Truth makes one right. Hate makes one wrong.

Using the word bigot is substance. It’s a well understood word for a certain type of hater.

You p may also notice that I didn’t use the word to refer to you.

If you think it does, well that’s on you.

Except that some DO. And a certain right leaning political party has gone to court to make it LEGAL to not only ask, but deny care due to ones gender identity or preference.

2 Likes

Glad I dont belong to no political party,

I don’t mind this because it’s a real transformation ingame, from what information I’ve read.

This quote can be used for any ideology, even bad ones. Short sighted.

Justice is merely a construct of the current power base. It doesn’t have morals. It’s decided by people who POSSIBLY have morals.

I look forward to your response.

Id refute you but i cant put links in here. Google it yourself.

did you know pelagos doesnt have his/her original body. :open_mouth: its even more of a big deal since that body died. and was left in the living world druids when they die go to ardenweld we take the form of an animal we choose said animal and what gender so honestly. no biggy

It doesn’t matter. Certain elements on BOTH sides have nutty ideas they promote and try to pitch, sue for, etc - just ignore it - it’s the lunatic fringe of both sides; extremists - right AND left - are nutty. Balance is always the key, in everything.

1 Like

It’s kind of an insipid bit of relativism.

Justice isn’t just the laws of the land, especially when it comes to the term ‘injustice’ it also covers situations where it goes against a sense of morality or empathy. And fine, that is all individual, and I sure know that there are people who have extremely humorous ideas of what oppression is.

But how does that counter the statement?

If you see a situation where you feel someone is being abused by the systems in place, especially when you see people being denied rights and other things that we might take for granted, why wouldn’t you speak out against injustice like that?

Like in the US back before Obergefell, with all the horror stories that came out of that. People who were partners for decades being denied the right to see their loved ones on their deathbeds, getting kicked out of the homes they lived in because family did not approve and if the mortgage was in the deceased’s name, their family had a stronger claim than the partner.

I mean, fine, some people have a set of morals that don’t line up exactly with mine. But I don’t have a problem with people living off the idea that the ideal is to treat others the way that we would like to be treated ourselves. And for myself, I would like to hope if I was ever in a situation like some of these groups that there would be people willing to speak up for my plight, and this might be a small space, but if I expect that to be done for me, I should do that for others.

3 Likes

I appreciate the response.

I don’t wanna fall back on the answer that it depends, but it depends. On the other side of the world, someone’s injustice is someone else’s right, and many people agree with that and would disagree with us and our ideals of individual freedoms and pursuits of happiness.

It’s kind of ironic how you need an open mind to accept other’s cultures, and at the same time some of those cultures oppress what we view as innocent people, have no sympathy toward you and would step on you given the chance. I feel too many people aren’t aware of this and simplify it to everyone should hold hands etc. As if that was even possible in a world with persistently conflicting ideologies.

The only way to, in our view, liberate such oppressed people in such countries is to claim that our ideologies/culture is superior, and that’s what many would view as offensive.

This will never be that perfect world, unfortunately.

(I seem to have gone astray in the original subject of the thread itself, the only thing I’m debating is the arguments of morals and justice in general, I know you know but I wanted to make sure it’s noted)

1 Like

I don’t need to be validated by anything or anyone, but I’m happy to see a character like me. Is that so bad? Just let people enjoy things, dude. :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

Imagine being so fragile and self important that you can’t stand to have someone else’s story be represented just because you disagree with their right to exist at all.
:man_shrugging:

That is what has mostly been happening in this thread.

4 Likes

Stop being reductive and labeling things good or bad. The point, that you miss, is that something like this is utterly irrelevant.

And are you seriously conflating commentary for prohibition? I really can’t fathom the totally childish line of reasoning here.

2 Likes

Weird take from what was said…

2 Likes

That’s rich given the crazy, intellectually dishonest reach you made. But then again, my first mistake was expecting you and your ilk to adhere to things like basic logic, reason and material truth.

2 Likes

I just turned what you said around really… Like why is it we’re being fragile because we’re happy to see representation but you all aren’t fragile for not being able to be ok with that?

And I wasn’t referring directly to you, as you haven’t said more than what three things? I was telling you what folk were doing in the thread. Its not a reach.

EDIT: And honestly what you have said isn’t stellar… lol

6 Likes

I will call what I want good and what I want bad. It does seem you have a problem with people enjoying things and that’s too BAD. Also, Pelagos may be irrelevant to you, but he’s relevant to me and who knows how many other people. This is character I’ll probably remember for the rest of my life.

I mean it sounds like you really hate trans people and like it’s something you’d rather not see.

Your “commentary” is pretty disgusting tbh.

7 Likes

I’ll take the charitable view and say I think you’re thinking about this too hard.

Yes, cultures have varying degrees of oppression, but even there there are people pushing to improve things. Again, the whole idea that the moral way to treat others is how you yourself would like to be treated is pretty widespread, and just because a nation or region’s ruling group applies repressive laws or rules over those people, does not mean that the people stuck under those rules would enforce them on their own.

I feel like you’re argument is missing my point, and is this sort of message that depresses efforts “Oh, you might think you’re right, but X is opposed and they think they’re right too!” What’s the point of that statement? Is it meant to discourage others from trying? Or trying to equate people who see others hurting and try to do what they can to horrible regimes run to oppress the people in favor of the ruling class?

I don’t know if this is what you’re getting at, but we can’t stop striving to improve just because it’s hard and there are people opposed to it. You just try harder, you try and expose the ones who have not tied their lives to the problem to the people they don’t get, and educate them on why it’s a good thing to treat people better. And you work to change society to sweep away the ones who have tied themselves to that so that they aren’t in the same position to harm others anymore.

Not here, I know my Popper.

There’s no place in a tolerant society for intolerance that harms other people.

And please don’t start in on some fainting spell about wrong think or whatnot.
Tolerance is tolerance. It’s not forced friendship, it’s just tolerating others to live their lives as they choose as long as it doesn’t intrude in a meaningful way on the lives of others. And really consequences are nothing new, if your coworkers don’t feel comfortable working around/feel you would treat them unfairly if you were in a supervisory role to them because your words and actions have made them reasonably feel that way, you might be out of a job. If you refuse to do business with people in a standard fashion because they are part of a protected group, you’ll run afoul of that law (There’s a difference between denying a completely customized job with a message you find offensive and a standard product where the only difference is the client) And if you harass or attack others, well, there are laws that handle that sort of thing already.

1 Like