Pelagos. Is Transgender

I think blizzard has taken the right step in representing all of its customers and i for one support this. Blizzard need to make sure all people of different origin and culture are represented equally thank you.

Mod Edit: Locking this down since the thread has been derailed with toxicity.

79 Likes

Had to die to change gender. And players will only need to pay some gold

20 Likes

I meanā€¦ thatā€™s neat and all but arenā€™t there multiple threads on this already? Isnā€™t one of them literally right on the front page in fact?

32 Likes

their is only 1 other i saw

Are there that many transgender wow players? For some reason I feel like that is a very small portion of WoWs playerbase.

That being said, I donā€™t think there is anything wrong with adding them in. Or gay people in general. All I ask is that they are smart about it. Donā€™t just start grabbing random characters and announce that they are gay out of the blue for no reason, or make a big deal out of it.

The best way to make something seen as ā€œnormalā€ is to not make a big deal out of it and let it slide in like it isnā€™t anything different or special. Just mention it and go about your day. In my opinion, anyway.

66 Likes

Blizzard doesnā€™t. They just want the good boy points.

105 Likes

So is Randy Stair actually a ghost girl in another dimension now ?

2 Likes

This is like the second post of yours Iā€™ve seen ever, and so far youā€™re 0 for 2.

Even if thereā€™s a performative wokeness component to representation, it still matters. Try to understand that there are people on this planet other than just you.

7 Likes

Virtue signalling

Fixed that for you

67 Likes

Iā€™m so glad instead of adding a trans npc with little fanfare we got two blue posts so we can get stupid threads like these.

8 Likes

The most interesting thing to me about Pelagos isnā€™t even related to Blizzard. Itā€™s how Wowhead prevents comments on any Pelagos-related article they post. Same with any other ā€˜sensitiveā€™ subject that goes up over there. Their site, their rules, but itā€™s kinda driving me away from using them as a resource if theyā€™re just going to pre-emptively quash any discussions on these topics.

14 Likes

Um, okā€¦ but, why so many threads post about it? :man_shrugging:

I donā€™t understand does this impact our gameplay? Do we get a free token to change raceā€¦? :sweat_smile:

Or is this a another trigger to get people to argue of somethingā€¦ This is kind of normal or common in 2020, it wont work. (IMO as you see this everywhere outside of games etc.) :yawning_face:

6 Likes

wowhead has comments locked and mass flagging of posts on any forum wow r/wow or mmochamp because we must tolerate and accept everyone=)

except for dissenters :rainbow: :rainbow: remember love wins

5 Likes

Did they make a big deal about it or did the WoW playerbase make a big deal out of it? just curious

You can dissent against an opinion, but someoneā€™s gender and how they choose to be presented does not count as an opinion and isnā€™t the topic for dissent.

6 Likes

dissent isnā€™t dissent gotcha :ok_hand:

11 Likes

I mean you donā€™t really get to say you disagree with an immutable fact about someone but go off I guess.

Weak virtue signaling

16 Likes

oh but you do in fact ā€œhomophobiaā€ doesnā€™t exist in the wow universe so says blizzard and gay marriage happens all the time even 10 thousand years ago.

remember we were always at war with Eurasia.

2 Likes

Just came in to state nearly half of the people i play WoW with are LGBT. If you donā€™t personally know any something about you is scaring them off or making them not tell you.

Thatā€™s all.

11 Likes