Pelagos. Is Transgender

Yes. For example in my country people fear transgender. They believe if transgender curses them, it will happen in real. So out of fear, general society avoids talking with trans people.

Dude, was it political when I kissed a boy back in elementary school? You’re making this so silly.

im sorry what

Could care less about your experience sorry.

No. Tell me if a kid kissing another kid is political.

I am telling you how in my country trans are being viewed due to lack of representation.

When it comes down to it, a majority of peoples’ worldviews can be boiled down to “I fundamentally believe some people deserve more rights than others.”
No amount of rationalization or logic can get people to understand everyone deserves fundamental rights until we get them to acknowledge this.

1 Like

OHHH, okay. Sorry, I didn’t quite understand what you meant there.

Well, we’re all flawed.

The manner in which we discuss these flaws, whether just matters of perception or not, displays our true motive.

Is it capturing the King via carefully orchestrated strategy?

Or grinding it under your heel?

1 Like

no worries, but Google transgender in Indian society if you want to know more.

2 Likes

Absolutely will do. Thanks for cluing me in on other places that desperately need better trans rights.

1 Like

Yes. In my country no one will fight you out of fear that you might curse them. That’s how superstitious people here are for transgenders.

And when we’re discussing people who are pretty put down in our current society, it matters where we come down even more. This isn’t just discussing the pixels in a game, this discussion is touching on the very problems that plague our society and cause great deals of grief and horrifying dangers for a small group of people. Some of the attitudes on display here lead to real harm, and that’s something that needs to be pushed back against.

6 Likes

Exactly. Humans are both really simple and REALLY COMPLICATED.

Some cis dudes end up a little feminine even with bigger hips. Some girls are realllllllly good at developing muscle than what is “normal” gains for a girl.

Sometimes people are just in the middle whether this is with non binary folks or intersex folks.

4 Likes

You’re bolstering my stance here.

What’s the most effective way to mitigate that “real harm”?

You can choose to silence their words with insults and threats.

Or you can choose to challenge their beliefs in an exercise of wit and rationale.

One is a true victory.

here is the problem. You can’t change people’s thinking through force otherwise racism wouldn’t have existed even now.

Make it socially unacceptable. It’s worked for other things, it can work for this. I see no need to engage with people who are just in it to harm or hate other people. You can engage with the people who will change and the rest can be left in the dust.

1 Like

I understand your rhetoric and I do agree that being thoughtful and concise has a better chance of working, if at all, however, I don’t blame trans people for getting upset and reacting emotionally to people being transphobic right to their faces.
Lots of us are super scared right now, trans women especially. We don’t really even know who to trust.
However, when it comes to allies who want to fight for us, I DO think it’s their job to be informative and polite, because any negative way they react is going to hurt us more than it hurts them (like how non-Black allies at BLM protests who partook in violence (the few times it wasn’t police-incited) didn’t get the blame, BLM as a MOVEMENT did. there’s videos of Black people trying to stop ‘allies’ from destroying things because they know it’ll end up worse for them).
While the best information on trans lives comes from trans people, I think cis allies are going to be our best bet as the go-between.

3 Likes

then encourage more open ended discussions where people can calmly express themselves with out any prejudice or fear. Avoid name calling or putting labels on what they think. That’s how you change people’s mind.

1 Like

JFC Is this dumpster fire still going? Bigots still being allowed to spew bigotry. GJ blizz. We see you dont care.

2 Likes