Pelagos. Is Transgender

ok… This is about people actually getting to see their stories in a game they play too. Stories generally erased or ignored because its inconvenient to those who pretend they aren’t real people because “its their life choice”.

Its not a choice. Its how you’re born.

You may tolerate such people and hell, you might think that makes you a good person, but all toleration does is perpetuate hate towards people.

None of this is about silencing you. We want to be accepted for who we are.

7 Likes

That’s your opinion but if there is someone lying hurt on the road or wounded in battle you don’t ask their sexual preference or what the’r indetify as, you stop and help them and dont let them die, that where i’ll leave it, i prefer you leave you bedroom and your sexual preference to yourself and keep walking. ill leave it at that.

2 Likes

Representation and people existing isn’t political.

Where is your outrage over Thalyssra and Lor’themar? Or other such storylines.

1 Like

I dont follow loves stories in wow so no clue what your talking about

What does this have to do with anything here? No duh you keep them alive.

Then will you and all the other cis het do the same?

Like yeah I’m not gonna shove my identity or my sexual preferences down your throat, but thats not whats happening here.

This is adding one character. ONE. Who has the quality of being trans. The near entirety of Wow has been cis het relationships for its entire run. The few LGBT who show up are hardly something to lose your mind over.

Do Malfurion and Tyrande bother you?
Lor’themar and Thalyssra?
Jaina and Kalec?
Thrall and Aggra?
Turalyon and Alleria?

Straight relationships are shoved on us daily, but you have an issue with one Transgender character?

4 Likes

again to dont follow love stories in wow,

been there all the time never shoved.

Its always shoved. Tyrande is nothing but a childish school girl for Malfurion everytime you see her. The two of them are literal memes for this.

Lor’themar and Thalyssra just got together out of nowhere.

And been there all the time is a detractor in this case. LGBT representation should have been there all the time right along with it.

Again. One character. vs the rest of wow and you have a problem?

5 Likes

Ill express my views and opinions just like everyone else, I feel sexual preferences and political agendas should not be in a video game and I dont like when they do it. If that is not good enough for you then sorry.

1 Like

I thought you said you don’t pay attention to the love stories and romance of wows story telling? Now suddenly you do?

Also people existing isn’t political.

1 Like

what i actually said

2 Likes

The only political agenda being shoved into the game is the political agenda that tries to turn other people’s mere existence into some sort of unreasonable political stance. This character isn’t even in game pushing a proxy for any real life movement to improve society, he’s just there being what he is.

6 Likes

To kinda help explain dysphoria. It varies from person to person. But it’s still “loud” as in “i can’t freaking think of anything else BUT this”

It’s like the drums in doctor who. They vary in volume and sometimes they’re absurdly loud. Treating it properly helps lower the volume so we can think about normal life things and go about our day.

2 Likes

Imagine telling someone they’re just a political agenda.

We exist, and are routinely ignored or worse. We get one npc. Somehow you think you’re being forced.

7 Likes

Going through this thread I’m reminded, once again, people can’t wrap their heads around my community so they decide it’s some wicked evil agenda to destroy gender or whatever. Like we’re wizards here to “trans everyone’s genders” like come on man do you HEAR yourselves. A lot of cisgender people are really determined to make trans identities about THEM, somehow (i.e. ‘trans people are here to prey on ME’ ‘trans people are going to invalidate MY gender’ ‘trans people are trying to imitate ME’).
Logically I know that it’s just people trying to justify their knee-jerk reactions to trans people and no logic is gonna really work here, but it’s hard not to comment on.
Does feel nice to see more trans allies on here than I thought there’d be, so thanks guys for being cool <3

3 Likes

Holy crap, folks are still bitter about this? Y’all need to grow up holy frickin’ hell.

2 Likes

the politcal agendas i didnt agree with was the hong kong stuff and blm stuff, if you read the post that what the political stuff was about not people.

You don’t seem angry enough to boycott Blizzard. So they’ll keep on keepin’ on.

Let’s pretend that’s not what you said right here then.

You must hate all straight relationships in game then? All the war? Acceptance of things like worgen?

The internment camps must make you want to not play the game then.

How about the pleasure palace in Black Temple?

Any one of those is potentially or directly political. All straight couples are showing their sexuality.

Your argument is thin.

All of that was fine. But what, a mention of BLM support and Hong Kong and a trans character don’t mesh with your acceptable behavior from a company?

6 Likes