Pelagos. Is Transgender

wow! really?

Just because you can shut yourself out from the world to shield yourself from harassment doesn’t mean harassment doesn’t exist. A person shouldn’t have to feel the need to shut themselves out at that level ever. If someone is causing someone else to go that far. There is a problem that needs dealt with.

2 Likes

I love how often this is brought up with no actual understanding of what it means in the context of what’s being said.

4 Likes

I don’t care who gets more representation. But how dare I voice my discontent with the situation. Also the reverse psychology on these threads is getting to Jedi levels.

5 Likes

Because you’re wishing to be disgusted and not want to see people that have no say in being born that way. Being lgbt is not a choice but choosing to hate people for such a reason like that IS

3 Likes

/waves hand. You are okay with inclusion. Your inclusion is not a pie. the pie is a pie… you now want to eat the pie.

Dial that back nobody said anything about hating anyone.

5 Likes

call it what you want but you clearly would rather some people just didnt exist

1 Like

“I don’t mind trans people I just don’t want them in my video games”

So yeah. Bigot

1 Like

Anyway at the end of the day it doesn’t matter what any of us think or feel about anything. Blizzard is going to do whatever they want with their game.

2 Likes

That is the definition of the haves being upset when the have nots get something…

You really don’t see how you have had plenty of representation in wow as a white straight man, but when 1 character is implemented, you go “oh I don’t like this, blizz is going SJW blah blah blah” you are the one getting triggered here…you could just ignore that character, and your life isn’t changed in any way. You do not see pelegos in drag sashaying his hips and flirting with you. Nothing of your views is offended by it in game, unless by definition your views is against them EXISTING

4 Likes

Queer as Folk handles this beautifully.

Bit of context for those that haven’t seen the show. There’s a teen named Justin and his parents find out he’s gay. Brian, a late 20 something he sleeps with is at his house after an incident at school. Justin’s dad goes on a tirade about how this incident can never be brought up again. And that he’s never allowed to see Brian again

Brian: So in other words. For Justin to live here with you. He has to deny who he is. What he thinks. And how he feels?
Dad: I didn’t ask for your opinion pal
Brian: Well that’s not love. That’s hate.

5 Likes

meh, personally I understand. I try to show support and am happy other people are getting something they want, no, not want. I dare say need because everyone needs to feel inclusion otherwise our mental health gets damaged. But on the other end of the spectrum. Change is hard. I have grown accustomed to things being a certain way. And certain characters like Shaw for example not being gay, or if they was. We didn’t know and was free to think otherwise. I’m not saying it should have stayed that way. But change makes people even myself uncomfortable even when I try to be as open as possible to other peoples feelings and needs.

Problem is, those people don’t want change. They want anyone different to be quiet and not interrupt them, ignoring the fact they have been interrupting and hurting the others by not wanting them to get representation, and that is the wrong. They are bigoted by this.

I am not sure if it is bigoted, at least not for all of them. Dealing with change can be hard. Not dealing with change well or not accepting it isn’t exactly a thing done out of hatred. It’s just something done because change is hard to cope with. Although there is some I’m sure that do it because they are bigots…

:thinking:

Yeah, accurate.

2 Likes

Representation. It’s easy to represent the straight (I hate this term makes everyone else seem crooked) relationships just by children being a thing. Existing. Representation is important in all sources of entertainment because when there is nothing in it that a person can really relate to. Then suddenly you begin to feel alone.

I personally don’t mind people who want to choose a straight lifestyle so long as I don’t have to see it.

6 Likes

but that is what you are doing! You are telling blizz to not include them because YOU don’t like it! Now you are quitting the game because Blizz is adding in dialog to one NPC. You are telling Blizz to shut up about it or you are leaving.

2 Likes

Mate I was born the way I was. I had no say in the matter.

3 Likes