Paying gold for dungeon runs

The people charging for runs would likely not be grouping with you without payment otherwise.

1 Like

I mean, sure I guess? I’ve never seen a mage demand money in a group to conjure water, nor make portals at the end of a dungeon.

That’s fine, I wouldn’t want them tanking my group anyways. :woman_shrugging:

Not everyone can befrend a tank…hence, tanking services exist

I never said anything about being in an instance with water. You just said “I can tank, so it’s my job to do it for free”

Well mages can make water and port, so shouldn’t it also be their job to do it for free?

Nah, everyone could befriend a tank, just requires actually trying.

I agree with this. I spent less than 60 seconds to perform a function that my class is capable of. People who charge for Ports or Food are simply taking advantage of people for personal gain. But that is just my opinion.

If that were the case, this thread would not exist

I see, you’re creating a strawman now. Interesting.

I don’t demand mages whom aren’t in my group to make me portals / water.

Mages usually offer water / portals in dungeon groups.

I don’t demand tanks tank dungeons specifically for me for free.

I just will not pay a tank extra to do the job, there are other tanks in the world that either want to do the dungeon, or are prefectly content trying to farm gear / get money from drops.

There is no need to pay a tank to do their job role in a dungeon.

Here we go again

1 Like

I’m not creating a strawman lol. I already clarified I don’t NEED to run any dungeon in the game, I offer to tank for money if people want to have someone instantly who is geared to do it and won’t roll need against them on anything. But you are saying “it is my role so therefore I am not entitled to sell it as a service”

??? Like make up your mind, is it my job to tank pugs for free or not?

1 Like

Why do you think there is a shortage of tanks to the point that people are willing to pay?

I never stated what your job was. I simply stated I will not pay you extra or give you extras to do a job.

If you do not want to do a dungeon. Don’t. I don’t care. I’ll find someone who wants to do it / needs to do it.

You’re the one seeming to have a hard time grasping this concept.

He/she is just arguing for argument’s sake now. I’m an expert on that. They aren’t though, as one can tell by their circular logic and the fact that they pulled the old “strawman” card.

2 Likes

Circular indeed

The solution here is VERY simple for both sides of the argument.

Tanks who charge because it is the most efficient way to make money. Roll a Mage, it is WAY more efficient than charging people to tank for them.

People who don’t want to pay Tanks to help them with their Dungeon runs. Roll a Tank and help the community out since Tanks are changing due to the shortage of Tanks on their server and are benefiting from the low supply and high demand.

BAM! Tank mains have more money without taking advantage of people in need. And people who are against the practice are doing their part to bolster the number of tanks available.

1 Like

Yes, because them literally rephrasing my argument to be something I didn’t say, isn’t the very definition of a strawman. :roll_eyes:

I don’t think you actually know what a Strawman is by this comment.

Yeah let me just re-roll and spend a month leveling a class I don’t enjoy (in the middle of phase 2 on alliance side lmfao) so I can make slightly more money than I do now while also removing another tank for hire from the pool to choose from and make the service as a whole less competitive and therefore more expensive for everyone who participates in it. Your solution is truly infallible.

1 Like

Or how about the people complaining about tanks charging roll a mage and then they can farm for an hour and pay for 3 dungeon runs

We all win!