Paying gold for dungeon runs

Sorry, maybe you should join one that’s actually willing to help its members then.

Bold assumption. I have paid 0g thus far to get into groups. On my server it is quite rare to see a tank advertising to do a run for money. We have a pretty good community.

Which is literally nothing lmao. People aren’t running the instances with pugs for money unless they’re crazy or stupid, they’re running it for gear they need. If there’s no gear component then I don’t need to do it and I probably don’t want to since I’ve already done my fair share of instance grinding. No need to cry about how I’m a big meanie for not doing it for free, just find someone else.

When did I say I advertise for money, people come to ME for this crap. I can stand in IF for 10 minutes and get whispers out the rear asking me to tank, so I just reply with a price. They can take it or leave it, I really don’t care.

On my main, i ran sm at least 20 times with pugs leveling 30-40 which felt like a lot.

On my alt, I’ve ran it 20 times in a day. Parked at the entrance, while a 60 farms me exp and gear. It feels much much better.

So, you mean, what we do? Just move on, find a reasonable, non-entitled tank and just move on with our lives?

Plenty of people do this. Some of us just like to poke fun at the guy thinkin’ he deserves to be paid.

Yes it’s highly unreasonable for me, a geared tank with no reason to run a dungeon, to offer to do it for a price if someone who’s been LFG for a while just starts /whoing tanks and cold whispering them to come.

I told you a million times to just keep looking and be done with it but here you are still whining about how I’m entitled for not wasting an hour of my time for free, even though “you’re totally not upset” over what I do. lol

I’m not whining, I’m poking the bear, because you seem to get offended at the fact I don’t think you deserve more than anyone else in the group. :woman_shrugging:

I have a guild, I have friends, and I still pug from time to time, and never have to deal with tanks like you.

No one is forcing you to join his dungeon group. This whole argument is ridiculous because you arent forced to tank anything for anyone. If you dont want to run the dungeon, dont.

Otherwise be ready to be on 80% of the servers ignore list for trying to be greedy.

Already said you’re free to think whatever you want but it isn’t going to change the fact that plenty of other people don’t. Don’t know why you’re so insistent on continuing to keep repeating yourself with the same circular logic over and over. I get it. You think tanking as a service is entitlement. I don’t want to deal with you and you don’t want to deal with me, so don’t.

His argument was literally “you should do it for free because it’s your job” but okay bud. Anyone who is fragile enough to ignore me for offering to do them a service isn’t worth dealing with and it hasn’t happened on my server enough for me to really care, only a few really bitter and angry people have given me tirades of angry hate whispers and ignored me when they could have just as easily said “No thank you” like a normal person. lmao

No, my argument is, your role as a tank does not entitled you to additional benefits, just because you’re a tank.

You really should stop trying to change what my stance is.

Well the evidence would suggest that it does seeing as how I’ve made at least 3,000 gold from running pugs and alts through endgame instances. But like I said you are free to believe whatever you want, it makes no difference to me.

Congrats. Here, have a cookie. :cookie:

I’ve made pretty good money just mindlessly healing end game dungeons too. Without charging people for it. :woman_shrugging:

Im not talking about tirades of angry hate whispers you entitled buffoon. I’m talking about never saying a word and /ignore. My whole point was if you dont want to do it, whether or not he says you should, you dont have to!

Then you dont have to feel all special and unique and entitled to everyone elses stuff just for showing up! Everyone wins! Eventually one day a few months from now, youll wonder why half your whispers are never returned. I feel bad for you. Good day.

I would only ever pay for actual Boss rushing for a Pre-BiS item, via passing on greens to the tank.

But the only thing I can think of doing that on is Skyshroud Leggings, which is a first boss rush anyhow. Terrible drop rate though.

I’ll probably just grind the Sentinel Silk Leggings anyhow.

Nyaru - I do not think his stance is he should be entitled to additional benefits just because he is a tank. I believe his stance is if you are requesting his services (for something he may not necessarily need or have a desire to do), then he should have a right to request to be compensated. Time is money, friend? You can continue to make good money mindlessly healing end game dungeons, and he can continue to ask for payment if someone requests his aid in completing a dungeon.

I think your argument would make more sense if he was just picked up in LFG channel and just says, “Hey guys, just so you know its 2g for each of you if you want me to tank this run.” Meanwhile, it is not a carry or anything of the sort.

1 Like

Yes, nobody should have the option to pay a tank if they can’t find one. Everyone should suffer in LFG for hours like you. Nobody should be allowed to do what they want with their money. lol okay

I still don’t personally agree to that. The passive amount of gold you on average get for running a full end game dungeon is pretty good, especially if you’re doing dungeons where the chances of getting greens (At minimum) is fairly high, and the difficulty is not through the roof. :woman_shrugging:

Some people can pay him, obviously some dummies pay him for it, but I still think it’s a cruddy thing to do.

If you don’t want to do it, don’t do it.

I’ve told plenty of people that I’m not in the mood / busy / cannot heal something, and no one’s ever gotten enraged or blocked me for it. :woman_shrugging:

If he wants to charge for it, that’s on him. I still think it’s a ridiculous demand, and I’m just stating that I think it’s ridiculous to demand extra just to play a role in a dungeon.

The dungeons aren’t even that hard, and if he’s so heavily geared, it should be even faster than a standard run thus even less time he has to spend. In theory at least.

Calling anyone a dummy when he thinks rolling on vendor trash/DE greens from dungeons vs 4 other people is good money in phase 2. Eh, ignorance is bliss as the saying goes.

1 Like

Isn’t it a bit unfair for you to be calling people that elect to pay for services dummies? You can feel your way about a certain thing, but to label people who may prefer to pay someone in lieu of waiting for someone who may be able to do the job, and perhaps not as adequately, seems unjust. If the shoe was on the other foot and you were called a dummy for going the non-payment route how would you feel? Maybe the people collecting money for doing low level dungeon runs prefer to have a less stress-free way of making some gold while their kid is in their office while they play the game or while they handle some work calls? There could be a number of reasons one would prefer to do a lower level (safer) run then a higher level one that may need them to be more mindful of what’s going on around them.