Paying gold for dungeon runs

No one’s upset or personally offended.

They just don’t think you, nor any other tank is worth it, nor deserves it, and would prefer to find other methods. :woman_shrugging:

Plenty of tanks who don’t charge out there in the world.

Well judging by this thread you seem to be in the extreme minority with that mindset. It’s one thing to just not pay for tanks and just humbly keep looking for one who does need to run the instance but to act like I don’t deserve to be compensated for running random pugs who ask me to tank for them through instances I don’t need to do is absurd.

1 Like

This is false. Mythic+ carries are common, and even raid carries.

1 Like

This thread is not indicative of anything.

The forums is barely a fraction of the player base as a whole. :roll_eyes:

It’s just a discussion board. Not a census of agree/disagree for ideas.

Sorry if I offended you by saying you don’t deserve extra because of the role you chose to play.

I like how you completely dodged the second part of my post.

Nah, didn’t dodge it. It’s just not important. Sorry if I offended you by sayin’ you don’t deserve extra just because of the role you play. :woman_shrugging:

You can’t actually directly refute it so you just keep repeating yourself over and over. lol

What is there to refute?

You don’t deserve extra for the role you play. :woman_shrugging:

If you swindle a few idiots into paying you, good for you. Doesn’t mean you deserve it.

So just dont pay these people? The “you have to pay me extra for doing my job because my crap doesnt stink” crowd has been mostly run off of my server.

Seems like a problem with your servers/factions attitude.

It’s apparent they don’t care about helping people, they care about getting paid.

There is no benevolence, only profit.

What do you mean “extra”? I get whispered by some hopeless group who’s been LFG for an hour to run some instance I don’t need to do, and I’m supposed to hop on board because I might make 5-10g in vendor trash? What a monumental waste of time that is. I’ll name my price and if you don’t want to pay it then move on and keep looking but good lord don’t act like I have some obligation to do it because “it’s my job”.

1 Like

I don’t, and we don’t often have people asking for it.

As I said before, I’d rather heal a 59 tank through Stratholme, than pay someone to do it. It’s just not worth it.

I just find it hilarious when tanks think they deserve to be paid extra for doing their job. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Some people are selfish. Not much you can do about it.

1 Like

I was replying just generally to the OP but yea, you have the correct attitude towards these leeches :slight_smile:

1 Like

Only thing I can do is roll a Tank next, and lower the demand. Chipping away at the business through non-profit assistance for groups in need.

So yeah, you just want more than what you would passive be getting to tank a dungeon, because you’re a tank and you think you deserve more.

You think you’re personally entitled to more, because of the role you play. :woman_shrugging:

Silly thought process.

1 Like

You’re the one sitting here acting like tanks don’t deserve to be paid like anyone else providing a service that plenty of people are willing to pay for. There are 80 people I frequently help by tanking their instances for them for free… it’s called a guild. Maybe you should join one so you don’t have to worry about having nobody to help you instead of acting like every tank is obligated to invest hours of their time into running strangers through video game dungeons.

I know a few tanks, and actively assist in helping others level up their alts.

Never actually run into the problem.

I just find it funny when tanks get grumpy that you don’t agree that they deserve more cause they picked a tank.

It literally shows my guild name right next to my character name…

you make the same gold everyone else in group makes FROM the run. buck up snowflake and tank or hide in your guild.
asking for more becauseyour special just makes you a dick.