Pay to win game

Move those goal posts.

Huh? where can we buy the best gear ion the game for real money ?

LOL you are an actual clown. my point has been consistent throughout. your argument is that every mmorpg has some way to pay cash for currency and also allows you to buy mandatory gear with that paid for currency. newsflash, not every MMORPG is a mobile F2P. never in WoW’s history before bobby kotick took over during WoD could you legally buy gold. people got banned for anything that remotely resembled paying real life cash for currency or gear. now they are actively promoting it through the selling of wow tokens and making BOE gear unbelievably powerful

Its not a recent thing in WoW to be able to buy boes with gold. I don’t like how corruption was implemented and I sincerely hope they tone done the damage bonuses from things in the future (assuming they dont go back to TFing and use some other shtick).

Look at the AH find the gear with stars 3 or ev 3 or even 2 is good. Do math with wow tokens, buy the x amount of wow tokens then sell them on the AH profit :expressionless:

You didn’t respond to my last question, what BoE’s in the past up’d your dps by 30 to 60 % in a single item?

Stars isn’t even that good for actual raiding. Its more of a stat padding for sims one.

What BOEs are currently upping your dps by 60% in a single item?

stars 3 and echo void, do you use details? you know where it says X is X % of their damage? You can also solo dps time a 11 to 14 as long as the two other dps do at least 20k dps with just one of those =p

you’re right though. a green/blue parser can better layout the game’s endgame climate than actual world first raiders, and the majority of WoW personalities who all agree the P2Win element is getting out of hand.

this guy has never parsed above blue in his life. you think hes checking logs and seeing the top parses for every class have 20% echoing void, or 25% inf stars? probably not.

I agree :stuck_out_tongue:

Can you show me a single log of Stars 3 or Echo Void doing 60% of a person DPS in a raid situation?

But I am not doing any of that. I literally said if you only look at the world first race, and people trying to be the top in the world in their field, you may have a point.

No no. This isnt about 20% EV or 25% stars. I was told 60%. I want to see all these parses in the 50-60% of damage.

Yeah thats not pay to win, any more than people using susan’s express was back in the day, people begged for blizzard to provide a official way to buy gold and they provided it, you cant have it both ways,.
Either can the tokens and then people go back to sellers, or can the ability to AH BOE or BOE’s themselves, then people go up in arms, either way its not the true definition of pay to win.

Im not here to run around for you, if you played the game in a raid or high end setting you would see for yourself, there is a reason there are groups now that say “link your best corrupted item”

The first time I noticed this thou was in a H EP raid, a 415 war was doing the same or better dps than be with just stars 3 at 448. and im a orange parser

you act like “people trying to be the top in the world” is 1% of the population. there is a massive population of endgame raiders or people who do endgame pvp/push mythic keys at a high level. not everyone who plays the endgame is a complete scrub besides the top 1%. you have this illusion that the only people this P2W endgame effects is a couple guilds in the world first race. you are extremely wrong.

While not directly pay to win you can buy everything from vendors and the auction house with real money by buying gold. Also you can use the token system to buy carries that will give you everything in the run. So yes, whales with deep pockets can buy what others have to work for.

I am looking at the top parses for mythic wrathion on warcraft logs. So far they are 8-12% of damage for echoing void and infinite stars.

I like this angle you have though. Make wild comments. When called out, refuse to back them up.

Pay to win - a situation where the player can buy in-game content or in-game changes, with real money, that give the player a gameplay advantage or advance the player gameplaywise. … Real money -> In-game benefits.

how is that not that? and I can care less about boe’s w/o corr stuff or buying 800 bucks of tokens for a AH mount. This Corr gear is going to evolve into something out of control :expressionless: I would rather it stoped before it does

1 Like

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/rankings/24#boss=2329

This is what I was glancing at. I found 1 person that had a single item give over 12.5%. It was 18%.

Not quite in the 50-60 range yet. I think its getting safe to call it a fabrication, though!

here i will spell this out for you. everyone universally agreed diablo 3 was pay to win when it first launched because it had a real money auction house. now, WoW’s token + the best gear in the game being BoE corrupted gear makes WoW have a real money auction house. go ahead and find how they are any different.

1 Like