Pay to “win”?

I mean you can earn enough gold to get tokens to trade for account balance to get a level boost. But does that really give anyone an advantage over someone who didn’t get a level boost? /S

1 Like

Well obviously friend would know more than randoms. So less time killing bosses. Faster progression through m+ and raids for ksm and aotc.

Very ooooooooooobvious and blatant p2w scheme.

I’m watching you :eyes:

I see you watching :slight_smile:

No no I’m watching you, you sussy hunter, better not let me catch you buying a carry for a single BIS piece!

I want to buy a carry for a non bis piece!

1 Like

Scoffs
I only ‘pay to tame’ bis pets.

1 Like

Deal, we’ll do it in LFR.

No, that is the reward structure of WoW. The things that people desire and are willing to spend real world money on, hence Pay-2-Win.

Because, rhetorical question. Though having an advantage isn’t inherently P2W, though it can be.

What does this even mean? How did this make sense to you?

I’ve already explained this at least a few times.

So you agree that buying easements is P2W? Then you admit that I’m right?

You people are desperately trying to be right, but you’re forgetting about the being right part.

Weren’t we complaining about moving goalposts?

Either way, this is a terrible point, because gear isn’t the only end game reward that a person might pay to obtain.

It does not pertain to the discussion. This literally has nothing to do with anything that we were talking about.

This is an option, just hit up trade services… the thing in game which facilitates P2W.

Soz my LFR time is already full carrying lesser geared and skilled players while i test out random prot warr builds and log them for fun, not gold.

Side note - i might join an aotc community that also doesnt trade in gold to provide carry services to those who cannot afford to line my pockets in that fat cash.

1 Like

Do titles give an advantage to those that don’t have those titles? What about a mount the moves just as fast as your first ever flight mount? What about a battle pet that you most likely won’t use against any other player? Or what about a toy that does literally nothing for you or anyone?

Very pay to win if you ask me, only the FINEST gold pieces can obtain these extremely useless things.

2 Likes

But can you buy the world of warcraft?

That’s the literal definition of p2w. An advantage. :dracthyr_uwahh_animated:

You can’t “complete” WoW.

You can’t “win” at cosmetics. So try again.

You’ve said nothing to be even remotely correct on the term ‘p2w’.
What you have been defining is p2skip content. IE raid carries, m+ carries, pvp win trading.
Thankfully wow requires skill to play, especially the upper end game content. If they sold gear in the store for $$$ that would put you at that level WITHOUT the skill or above them, then that would be p2w.
Because you bought an unfair advantage.

Emphasis on UNFAIR.

3 Likes

“Win” is when you can beat anything without effort. But I would imagine this is really boring.

“Lose”, to me, is when the game is no longer fun.

1 Like

This IS bannable btw. The only actual thing even remotely considered close to p2w is a bannable offense.

1 Like

yep!

g o a l p o s t s i n m o t i o n

Oh trust me, I know haha. I said earlier, I just have to restate it over and over.
The circular argument with this guy is exhausting.

1 Like

Who said you had to pay those people with gold? Cool people win trade for free because we’re all friends on the great titan we call azeroth.

I mean staring at your pixel assets gets exhausting, good thing we’re friends through the power of GOLD and surely you don’t mind me staring at that FANTASTIC transmog of yours.

1 Like

/kneel
/e %t you have bested me good Sir/Maddam, may your strike be true

I don’t know why you’re hung up about advantages and gear or more movespeed. P2W as a rubric doesn’t necessarily mean that you’ve won anything, it can mean that you’ve obtained something which you otherwise would have had to wait for, or would have been gated beyond your natural abilities.

P2W isn’t pay to win per se, it’s pay to completion. That’s it. You’re hyper focusing on the word “win” when it’s so incredibly limiting and doesn’t even remotely apply to MMO’s, which don’t have a finish line, they have short term goals, which, again, can be obtained using real world money.

It isn’t. With your limited logic, no MMO could ever be pay-to-win, because new expnasions come out for them every few years, and nothing Blizzard could ever do could ever be Pay-2-Win, because progress is just reset… this is obviously very stupid and bad logic and no reasonable person would ever think this.

:dracthyr_uwahh_animated:

Oh, thank you for once again proving my point.

Trial of stile disagrees… that’s a joke, so calm down, good god.

No, but they are end game rewards which people will use real world money to purchase.

This is directed at the lot of you. I don’t think any of you really understand how any of this works. I don’t think any of you know very much about any of this, you’re just here arguing because you want to argue.

I don’t mind. I spent a lot of time on it haha.
Especially my quiver… Darn you lfr syvlanas… now if only I could p2skip THAT tmog farm :joy: