Patch 10.2 has a new memory leak

Since 10.2, game is leaking memory like mad for me. I can easily watch memory footprint grow up to 1GB, per 15 minutes even when not even moving or doing much except afking in the new patch zone.

i’ve gotten wow up to 32GBs of memory usage after few hours of play. It doesn’t leak SUPER fast but it leaks fast enough.

I have to make sure to restart wow from time to time to avoid performance loss or crashes.

EDITING op a little since some windows users also posting which means it’s not likely to the mac specific change and more for a broad change in 10.2.

2 Likes

just chiming in that I’m experiencing this as well. not sure if I need to list my technical specs. it seems to be effecting new and older macs, silicon/ Intel chips.

This is happening on PC as well. I notice it when I traverse between about 3 maps or instances the ussual 5gb RAM goes up to 10gb and the game just locks up. I’m sure they will get on this asap. Obviously this was non-existant before the patch. This is precisely why you don’t pay for early access exclusively, because all you get is 3 days of this.

Update: Memory Leak - #9 by Zexis-dathremar

1 Like

Popping in to note that I’ve also been having this issue on Windows – never had it happen before this patch, so there’s definitely something that got a bit broken with the newest release of content.

I’m experiencing the same issues, last night had no issues but so far today my game has crashed 4 times now. Never had an issue before today.

Yup, still leaking. Went from just under 4 GB to over 17 GB flying around the Emerald Dream and questing.

same here, m1pro mbp

*Noms Mooni and /pouncetacklecuddlepurrs the kitty*

I’m envisioning a book by Blizzard coming soon: “The Pointer that Got Away and Other Developer Horror Stories”

Maybe related to the combat log changes they made, where it only writes to disk after combat ends, instead of streaming?

not related. that only applies to boss encounters in dungeons and raids. I’ve done neither content

Still leaking after the build posted today.

Yeah the leak isn’t fixed. They’re still investigating and I been trying to help as much as I can.

EDIT: Was able to work with them to find answer

2 Likes

Ah, good to know. It didn’t seem like it should be the case, but…

I changed to DirectX 11 Legacy (was using Directx 11 on my Windows 8.1) and it got better, stopped having memory leaks here

But its continue to have a fix, hope they fix it fast…

donkey kong n64 actually ran without the expansion pack, the reason it needed the expansion pack was a memory leak bug made the game crash after a few hours.
just install 30gb more ram bro. heal through it.

I have 64GB of memory. i was playing wow fine even with ti using 37GB of it.
Doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be fixed for users not overflowing with memory.

1 Like
1 Like

New patch I see – let’s see if it’s fixed. Nope – may have slowed down but it seems to be still leaking.

Are you sure Sage? especially on apple silicon it’ll still climb up to 7-8GB naturally, but should stop there. if it’s leaking beyond that, then the fix might not be in recent build and in next one :\

Memory leak fix just went live 1 minute ago