Parsing Overrated

It takes a global CD and is used in fights with adds, not just on the initial pull?

You do know some fights have adds right?

I also have to dps said adds which depending on the fight doesnt get added to your parses.

Example the bugs that spawn on KT.

I like parsing my daggers through the flesh of unsuspecting Troll Priests.

The other Hunter cast Hunter’s mark 23 times and you cast it 1 time. Like I said, I don’t care about your parses but your excuses aren’t reality. He was the one casting Hunter’s Mark, he used more GCD’s on non-personal DPS abilities on boss encounters in your last raid than you did.

Also don’t know why you’re using a Grim Toll while trap weaving. You’d be better off using Mirror if you don’t have Greatness.

Honestly if parsing wasn’t in the game I’d probably have quit years ago.

It’s truly the only replay value I find in this game

Because he is usually the one who casts hunters mark. We have different jobs. Also, hunters mark lasts 5 minutes, misdirect lasts 4 seconds. Which one do you think needs to be casted more often in a fight with adds?

What does that have to do with your argument? You listed off some GCD abilities that don’t do damage as an excuse to contend with these other people attacking your parses. I’m telling you that the other Hunter used more GCD’s on Hunter’s Mark than you did on the abilities you listed off.

Oh lordy no the horrible sacrifice you make for the sake of “doing mechanics” is you occasionally use a GCD on misdirect LOL

Doing mechanics in a meaningful way that actually should tank your dps is something like tanking adds on 3D sarth.

There are very few fights that you cant precast hunters mark on before the pull. But hay totally comparable to mid fight global CD usage right?

There’s a lot of copium in this thread

There are also very few fights where MD is needed mid fight, see how that works.

Dude, you’re so dishonest it’s just embarrassing. He cast Hunter’s Mark 23 times, DURING encounters. He cast Misdirect 6 times DURING encounters.

You cast Misdirect 9 times DURING encounters.
Distracting Shot 6 times.
Tranquilizing Shot 2 times.
Frost Trap 4 times.

Can you comprehend this? He used MORE GCD’s on non damaging abilities DURING encounters than you did. Your excuse is null and void. Next excuse, go.

1 Like

You do know this isnt a cast and forget? When i use this i am moving the mob to the tank im most situations, using detterance (which is 5 seconds not attacking) disengage, feign death, exc. But hay, knowing the hunter class.

I’m really good at reading logs. I can spend 2 minutes and check to see if this is another lie.

People that take parsing too seriously are hilarious. People complain the game is too easy and that it needs to be buffed, but they also go out of their way to chase metas, stack dps classes and min-max everything the 0.01 percentile of damage as much as they can muster.

Nothings ever going to actually make these people happy. You are better off completely ignoring them and just playing the game and having fun, and blizzards better off ignoring them as well.

And everything would be wonderful if you people were capable of ignoring minmax parse focused players, but you all are seemingly incapable of this. Thus we get stupid threads where bad players come in and have to talk about how bad and toxic caring about parses is, how parses are meaningless, or how apparently nobody with good parses does mechanics.

1 Like

I mean, I literally have it ignore mechanics in Naxx and let the raid take unnessessary damage if I want to Parase as a healer. (examples: Let curses go off on Noth, or diseases tick on heigan)

There’s not really a strawman thing, that’s quite literally factual. Ignoring mechanics in many cases causes people to tunnel on DPS harder, and does more damage to the raid, leading to people doing more healing thus healers parse higher. :woman_shrugging:

People who high parse DPS generally get funneled buffs and tunnel damage dealing as much as they can. Which is why people hate people trying ot be parse kings or queens in raids because generally they are the types of people that complain they aren’t in an optimized group, or don’t get specific buffs or ignore mechanics and blow up in the group on grobbulus because they don’t want a DPS loss of having to move out and expect you to just heal through things.

The ire towards Parse culture is 100% earned.

What’s more relevant is that he’s acting like this is some huge undertaking that only he ever does as a hunter.

When in reality this is just normal stuff a hunter does including the ones whose parses he is being compared to.

1 Like

i’ve been playing that way for over a decade. it’s nice. let those who care about parsing, parse, and just play.

People have to use misdirect on the add for anub? Do the tanks just not pick them up instantly?

People obsess far too much over silly numbers. I never use a damage meter addon or worry about log websites. I could care less where I place on a chart so long as I’m doing my job and the bosses die.

1 Like