Parsing Overrated

Good for you!

When I raided mythic in retail it wasn’t a big deal. This was because the fights were very challenging and it moreso mattered that we didn’t mess up on mechanics versus pew pew. The reward was being able to kill the boss and progress. The fights were hard but also very engaging.

Unfortunately, naxx is extremely easy, so in order to add a layer of fun, I enjoy seeing if I can improve my damage. Without Warcraft logs, I don’t think I’d still be raiding in classic naxx.

Try again, didn’t realize I was posting on my alt :slight_smile:

I see the parse police are here.

1 Like

I am the type that’s able to get pink / yellow parse, in week 10 of phase one I don’t think it’s troll to just put it in autopilot. At this point of the phase, if you’re chasing parses still that’s on you (as you’ve had 8-10 attempts). I’ve been good with mine for months.

My main point here is to highlight exactly what you alluded to in the final paragraph you wrote - parsing is not everything. The game is infinitely more enjoyable when you free yourself from those parameters.

Only when they pretend to be hardcore parsers like you but then can’t back it up.

If you would just own up to being a random casual who is in no way trying to be a hardcore min maxxer noone would care that your parses suck. Pointing out your hypocrisy when you pose as a hardcore min maxxer is not attacking you it’s merely stating a fact :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Hi - Sock Puppet here.

Autopilot is fine as said in my post.

Doing it on your own thou when in a guild after parses is not unless the guild agrees to do so. As doing so and as such not pushing will adding to kill times and greifing others. If you commit to a parse guild you keep trying untill the point that guild picks it’s time to stop. For me that was about a month ago when the guild picked that we got are parses good time to kick back consumes optional and time for achivments.

All the matters is what you commit to even over your own enjoyment. If you don’t enjoy that play anymore talk to your raid leadership and see what they say. But so long as committed to parsing you do so. It’s just like work few go to work since they want to they do it since that’s the commitment they made and that’s where they pay comes from.

You don’t get pinks and yellow parses alone you do it with a team and as such when you slack off you do it with that teams ok or you don’t.

Agreed - but I routinely get 99 in my dad guild, so the only thing that I could have done to improve was to shoot for the 100. I also have one 100 in this phase, albeit week 2 (before the Chinese takeover).

Define hardcore. You do realize this is an old game and i have said multiple times im not taking classic as seriously as i did retail? My goal for classic has been to clear all content before nerfs.

I cleared everything before nerfs so far for all of classic, tbcc, and wotlkc so far. Looking forward to ulduar hard modes but my guild isnt aiming for world firsts or anything like that.

Im hard core in the sence me and my guild plan to clear all hard modes as the content is current. We are not racing for world 1st.

Which is fine, the reason your logs get attacked is because you pretend that you and your guild are some hard core min maxxers when in reality they’re just a run of the mill guild that is totally fine carrying a lazy hunter.

And once again that’s fine, the only issue you pretending you are anything else.

1 Like

I see you fit 2 strawmans into one statement. But thats fine, you never have actually addressed my statements for what they actually are, and just what you conjure them up to be to fit your agenda.

I see you still don’t know what a strawman argument it.

The reality is you pose as a hardcore min maxxer and your logs get picked apart because of it.

He’s just focusing more on the min aspect of the equation.

1 Like

You still claim i have said i am raiding hardcore, i havent. You still claim i am being carried by my guild. Im not.

But all you look at is parses for if someone is good, ignoring people that follow mechanics vs those who stand in bad to deal more damage because the healers are bored. Ulduar will tell though because you wont be able to ignore mechanics for more damage.

Well no I didn’t claim you were raiding hardcore, I claimed the exact opposite.

You are the one trying to present yourself and your guild as raiding hardcore. And you’re getting called on it. It’s that simple, you can justify it however you want as “I’m just doing the mechanics” but the reality is plenty of people are able to do the mechanics and still perform better than you.

Which is once again fine, I don’t care about you being lazy, you’re getting called out because you are trying to pretend it’s anything else.

Not true at all. My guild leadership reviews parses after every week to determine priority in Loot Council and raid slots for the following week. Unfortunately, too, we’ve had to cut some dead weight and logs are a wonderful convenience compared to the days of spreadsheets and manually reviewing numbers in the meters themselves.

Your definition of hardcore is different from mine.

My “hardcore” is doing the hard modes before nerfs because again, i am being more casual with classic.

Your hard core is clearing all hardmodes day 1 of raid being out apparently.

Right and you are pretending that that is your hardcore when it’s clearly not.

Hence why you are getting called out and why you will continue to be called out as long as you talk about how much your guild forces you to min max.

It’s not rocket science.

parsing you are 1 guy in 25. so 96% of your kill time is out of your control. i think more credit should be given to the guildies

Notice the “hardcore”. Im not claiming I’m in a world 1st chasing guild that aimes for week 1 clears and such.

Me and my guilds goal is to clear the content. Not get 100 parses, not to get world first, not clear week 1, but we do plan on doing the hard modes.