Parsing Overrated

Actually, I was in a different guild and not raiding by then… but that guild had those on farm before the nerfs, too.

Well good for you if you’re a good player and in a good guild, my statement doesn’t concern you but will concerns a lot of people, especially people who come on these forums, complain in general and your usual boomer/dad player.

The content is old. I was never in a “top guild,” nor am I a great player (in fact, I have never followed a meta, and I was allowed to raid as a ret paladin in plate.) Players are treating raids in Classic like they’re mythic raids in Retail… Full buffs, min-maxed to the T, “optimal” raid comps… Ulduar was a sticking point back in the day (I missed it due to grad school.) I don’t think it’ll be that big of a deal for a good chunk of today’s players.

parses are usually a good indication that the player grabbed a rotation weakaura off CurseForge

FTFY.

Thats why the overwhelming majority of them die to dumb :poop: constantly. Too busy staring at weak aura pops to realize they just ice tomb chained 7 other guys, then detonate mana’d them before dying in a void zone and demanding to know why they werent healed.

The majority of parsenerds are the ones who are “that guy” on fights like Gorefiend, Archimonde, KT, Yogg, etc. They just embraced it, decided that trying to do mechanics just aint their thing so BEEG NUMBUHZ would be instead.

2 Likes

Maybe, I don’t have issues myself playing that old and easy content, it doesn’t change the fact that there’s still people being bad at this game and failing at mechanics. I saw plenty of fails in T5/Sunwell, this won’t magically go away in Ulduar. You’ll see.

It’s not gonna matter. The crappy players will just buy carries anyway.

Moving on then!

ty u are very brave OP

2 Likes

There are probably like 5 people on the forums that have ever gotten a 100, aka yellow parse. Seems weird to even care about yellow.

And most people parse as a mini game just to have fun or watch their performance progress. Its not all that serious.

PVE isn’t even a competition. It’s often not even the most productive way of defeating a boss.

what else is there to care about in raid if it’s on farm. seeing improvement each week is at least fun for a lot of people

I used to parse yellow, but then I took an arrow to the knee and went UH

1 Like

The fact that you treat a 13 year old iteration of a video game like a job is why nothing feels fun to you.

Raid nights for me involve a 12 pack, a bunch of discord :poop:posting between a bunch of dadgamers and a 3 hour world tour.

You should try having fun instead of insisting on ruining a game by turning it into a job.

2 Likes

Parsing is a side game.

If you want to play it that’s fine if not don’t and there are plenty of people who don’t really care.

1 Like

Oh goodie its that time where a bunch of sock puppets talk about parsing.

What do you mean by “parsing overrated?”

If you mean something like using flame caps to boost your infernal’s damage slightly…then yeah its a bit ovverated

If its just correctly doing your rotation or spending gold on already cheap basic consumes then its just trolling

or i have fun that way. you’re welcome to do whatever you want bud.

parsing is the real only fun part about reclearing anything, so i’ll continue to have fun.

Every parser ive ever talked to is the most miserable human being imaginable. Every last one of you is endlessly salty abkut EVERYTHING.

I see no universe in which any of you take joy from that or anything else. I honestly would believe it more if you told me its a form of self validation.

2 Likes

that’s fine, i’m glad you feel that way.

i have fun doing it so i’ll continue doing it!

Ironic coming from someone that regularly attacks people for parse performance. Lol.

1 Like