Pandaren's Heritage Armor

That reminds me of what Bruce Lee used to say about form and style: be formless, shapeless, like water.

None of the other races besides dractheir can be both

I feel like pandas are going to get a giant keg to go on their back, I have faith! :dracthyr_love_animated:

It should be samurai armor, as Samwise originally intended. Because China can’t complain about it anymore.

1 Like

Probably a watered down version of something cool…

Due to “reasons”

Heritage is about culture not faction. If they do plan to make a set for Pandarens it should represent there way of life not what faction they are in.

2 Likes

anyone knows if the “Pandaren” gear is obtainabe?
https:// worldofwarcraft. blizzard .com/en-us/game/races
really cant put blizzard links lol

This. I’m predicting something along the lines of what Emperor Shaohao wears, possibly with a bit of Golden Lotus and/or Shado-Pan twist to it. They could even make the questline where you have to take on Shaohao’s pilgrimage yourself, and banish your own negative emotions in order to earn it.

As an Asian I can complain a lot about it. I wouldn’t want to play a Japanese design on a Chinese-intended race.

Starter Zone, white gear!

1 Like

Not to mention it’s ‘HERITAGE Armor’ – If they went with faction specific sets, it’d spark the retorts from people going: “Um … Pretty sure your origins didn’t start with the Horde / Alliance.” :joy:

The heritage of the playable Pandaren are the Wandering Isles, which have no actual theme going for them. Mandori Village my the center of everything but it does not offer anything what you might call a heritage armor, which is why it will be a stupid blue/red design which nobody will appreciate, for good reasons.

No actual theme going for them? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

The Wondering Isle* non-plural — was referenced with a pretty groovy description in — The Art of World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria, pg. 32:

“For many generations, the boldest pandaren gathered on the back of the colossal sea turtle Shen-zin Su to venture across the world. The moving isle’s inhabitants are the descendants of a rare breed of pandaren: explorers who left their mist-shrouded homeland behind in search of knowledge and adventure.”

They could expand on that, into the heritage armor.

1 Like

What if the Panda’s Heritage Armor was based off the first Panda to live on the Turtle with something like maybe the Belt that would be faction specific?

It will be only the regular monk suit then.
There is a wiki entry about Liu Lang.

Honestly, Pandaren and Dracthyr should just be true Neutral, if PvP is a thing just have a selection called Mercenary and select which faction to fight for at that time.

You could argue they are focusing more on the heritage of the two different schools as opposed to their allegiance to the Horde/Alliance faction.

1 Like

Exactly the same way I see it. Pandaren are the trues neutrals, they joined the faction out of curiosity to see what they do, but then they return to the Wandering isle and share a bear and tell each other stories.

Pandaren aren’t super commited, but they help when they see other good people needing help.

Cue to joining the Horde and doing war crimes.
The developers should have stayed with the initial idea in TBC: Alliance Pandaren, Horde Blood Elves.

I’d like to have two sets but with different themes other than huojin and tushui. I’d rather have a mainland pandaren theme and a wandering isle themed set.

1 Like

But Pandaren had more ties with Horde. And honestly I don’t think belves should’ve joined the Horde to begin with. In WC3 belves migrated to Outland after all.

No, they don’t have. Chen Stormstout was always meant to be neutral, as future stories showed this. WC3 added him as a secret character, but he is not tied to the Horde, for got reasons.

The Pandaren were always meant to be Alliance-only, which makes sense in hindsight and how the recruitment went on both sides.