Paladins DO NOT Need More Gap Closer in PvP Phase 4 PTR

It is not something that contributes to priest mobility. They have no method to create distance during that period. They are without a doubt one of the least mobile classes.

Classes do not exist in isolation. That is correct. Buffs to other classes are not NERFS to the ones not buffed. That is not how words work. And never has been. Other classes got better, hunters did not lose anything.

I am sorry you do not like truth. That’s not my problem. If you can’t agree with someone, perhaps stop arguing and just agree to disagree.

joj is dispellable and youre gonna be getting purged running through a field of frost traps in p4 even if they made it undispellable lol.

just priest dispel, cant be removed with trinket or shift

hmm but it clears movement impairing effects…

edit just checked and it wasn’t shiftable in wrath

adjective
/ˈmōb(ə)l,ˈmōˌbīl/
1. able to move or be moved freely or easily.

clears all snare and movement impairing effects when cast, and makes you immune to them

No dude. It’s obvious you’re trolling because you’re trying to change the meaning of words. Moving faster isn’t the sole component of, or even a requirement to be considered a mobility ability.

Hunters cannot with any runes or abilities in its spell book free itself from mobility imparing effects. Priest is more mobile than hunter.

Buffing another class’s ability to counter another, is a nerf to that other class. For example, if hunter was buffed to be able to dispel a paladin’s divine shield, then from the paladin’s perspective it would be a nerf to them. It’s not complicated.

just post on bowzo youre not fooling anyone. sock puppets are so cringe

You will notice I never made the claim that priests are less mobile than hunters or that hunters are more mobile than priests. You are shadow boxing arguments I never made.

It’s fine to be wrong. I’m done arguing with someone that makes up nonexistent arguments.

What else did you expect from a guy who could theorycraft for hours about the game that had all things explored from A to Z long time ago.

Yes, holy paladin does not need gap closers. We can close the thread now.

holy doesnt, but youre high if you think youre gonna be doing anything outside of divine shield with the cd reduction rune on traps. each hunters gonna have like 3 frost traps down at once lol. im just imagining the lag in av when its drawing 20+ frost traps at the bridge

melee is absolutely screwed.

You are talking to the wrong guy. I am not here on my high horse speaking out loud that my class does not need something.
I was just pointing out that OP is a holy paladin that applies ERA logic to SoD. Not only he plays diff spec, but also diff game.

6 Likes

Exactly this.

The whole point of sod is to make more specs viable in pve / pvp.

If i wanted the exact same gameplay as era i would play era.

5 Likes

I did two separate grinds to 13 and 14 as holy and ret and I can confirm this to be truth

Also, saying we need gap closers because of non 1v1 situations is just crazy. You are supposed to play as a team in team pvp and use your team mates abilities to your advantage while supporting them with cleanse/bop/freedom. Paladin is a not a first in zugzug class no matter the spec. - this part isn’t directed at you pallyitme

warriors dont have to prove they need a gap closer. rogues dont need to prove they need a gap closer, hunter doesnt need to prove they need a gap closer, why would a paladin have to prove we dont need a gap closer. you are 1 dude, the average player does not sweat and buy consumables for pvp. the argument your making of telling paladins to just buy stuff to make you better is not a valid argument. we 100% need a gap closer. or at the very least remove forbearance

1 Like

If your position is that we truly need a gap closer. Don’t you think it would be beneficial to explain why a class with blessing of freedom and the ability to cleanse any magical slow or snare should have it?

Also not using consumes or engi items in vanilla pvp, especially battlegrounds or world pvp, is just silly. People who spend the time to get them deserve to be more powerful. It’s a totally valid argument. This isn’t rated arenas were talking about.

Grinding to earn increased player power via consumables has always been a core part of vanilla pvp and on of the rings that makes it way more interesting than all the later garbage where every class has sprint and shield wall baseline. It’s one of the reasons the most popular and fun pvp tournament ever done in wow was on the hardcore servers.

1 Like

druid can do more, and they have 2? Not a great argument.

100% they deserve to be more powerful, but its nulled when you vs someone else with said consumes / engi items.

Im not even for or against a gap closer, just against people trying to force the era playstyle onto paladins because its the playstyle they enjoy.

Be like telling mages not to heal because thats not how they played in era. I dont remember hunters ever having a melee build in era but here we are. Tanking warlocks? List goes on.

You keep talking about other servers / versions of classic. If you want to play them, go play them.

1 Like

a button that clears stuns, snares, and immobilizations is mobility dude :expressionless:

by this same token, paladins have plenty of mobility in blessing of freedom, cleanse, etc. so asking for gap closers is silly and greedy.

Other classes having engi items etc does not nullify them by any means. It’s so unlikely that your opponent in a big is going to predict what items/consumes you will use. The options are too many.

Engi is literally a PVP PROFESSION. If you pvp without it you clearly don’t care that much about pvp.

And druids cannot use blessing of freedom. Sure they can be hypermobile but that’s literally just part of the design that’s always existed for them. They would be super underwhelming without it. Paladin is not underwhelming in pvp. We own lol and a gap closer would make us ridiculous.

It’s only a “gap closer” if it brings them directly to me, or me directly to them? Really?

Sprint / root / snare / freedom / etc aren’t gap closers?

TIL.

1 Like

Def not rated arenas or your 1.6k XP wouldn’t hold any weight.

Paladins have freedom awesome, I wonder what that does to a ranged class 3-4 hitting you. Oh wait I can bubble rep maybe before I die to the ranged attacks, but wait I just have bubble. So I can bubble and rep to close in on target, wait… did he just ice block/void sac into fear? Darn I died since I used all my defensive CDs to just “close the gap”

This mentality that paladins don’t need mobility like every other class has gotten in SoD doesn’t apply in SoD, this isn’t classic wow go grind r13/14 in AV in p5 in era for your 3rd time buddy

5 Likes

Hilarious that you try to downplay my experience with some made up arena rating which isn’t even relevant to sod and then proceed to describe the most noobish inexperienced strategy for how you attack a ranged class.