Paladins DO NOT Need More Gap Closer in PvP Phase 4 PTR

I mean if you use it from ranged to close the gap, you usually have GCD available by the time you’re on top of them. hold the first exo for when you’re up in their grill.

but you make a fair point that it’s not something crazy or gamebreaking when compared to things like rogue teleporting behind you and going “nothin personnel, kid” before stunlocking, warriors meat hook (it’s gonna be cool for them to have it, I ain’t complaining) charge and intercept.

still kinda on the fence myself about how much mobility (if any) should be given, but I am with Dip

people comparing SoD to Era paladin are just incorrect when none of the other classes resemble their era counterpart, nor have the same limitations

1 Like

i read avenging wrath as hammer of wrath and that would be funny to watch

1 Like

hammer of wrath available for use during unpurgeable avenging wrath tho???
:chart_with_upwards_trend: :chart_with_upwards_trend: :chart_with_upwards_trend: :chart_with_upwards_trend:

looool :expressionless:

1 Like

At this point, why can’t paladins have a speed increase or snare? They gave Shamans freedom.

2 Likes

Continuing the discussion from WoW Classic Season of Discovery Phase 4 PTR Development Notes - Updated 6/21/2024:

looks like got steed, boys. wings still dispellable GG

Looking at your profile, you’re a horrible Paladin who sucks at the game, I am not listening to you.

bro how much wpvp u have on ur paladin? try to catch mage with triple blink, try to catch druid, rogue with shadowstep and sprints, shaman with wolfs, hunter with aspect and new raptor strike speed, i want to see that lol. its not vanilla anymore, all classes have more mobility now, pala just get turbo button on his wheelchair, it still need to be buffed with charges or less cd and removing gcd

its okay dude the guy who privates logs hangs out with pro pallies on discord in a version of the game without a pro scene

The problem when people say things like “Forcing Era Playstyle in SoD” is RECKONING.

We are still talking about a class with Bubble, Blessing of Protection, Self-Healing, Freedom and Cleanse… THAT IF IT TOUCHES Something… It dies.

Not so much on the PTR where they gave your a wet noodle for a 2 Hander. But being touch by a Paladin for any length of time usually is a death sentence for most Classes.

Warrior has a similar effect. They have Gap Closers… but no freedom, bubbles, Cleanse, or self healing worth mentioning.

Arguing Paladin needs GAP Closers is almost identically to saying Warriors need Freedom / Cleanse, Bubble, and self healing (Dimond Flask?)

At some point you are going to make a monster in PvP.

Example: Pally Warrior… is EASILY one of the most BROKEN PvP Duo’s in WoW History… Classic, TBC, Wrath and onwards PERCICELY for these reasons.

The only scarier then Pally Warrior… is Pally Lock… Because the Lock wont’ die while the pally lives… and you can’t kill the paladin before the Lock DoT’s the world.

That paring as ZERO Gap Closers and can over 2v4 Easily.

People want to believe the Paladin Playstyle is Different in SoD… so far I haven’t seen even one significant change.

Reckoning wants to tough you for as hard and as long as possible.
Deep Ret Wants the same thing…
Holy variants want to grind you down over time…

Where is this news SoD Playstyle you speak of? I don’t see it.

1 Like

After sifting through all the arguments being given in this thread, I would like to say that I fully agree that ret paladins should be nerfed into the ground.

If your pally feels the same as it does in classic im sorry but you are playing it wrong

You guys should understand that this topic was created and maintained by a “PvP expert” who clicks on abilities, does not leave Stormwind and has virtually no PvP experience.
Imagine that a skinny guy comes up to a big athlete in the gym and says that he is lifting incorrectly.

I suggest not answering in this thread anymore, this guy doesn’t play pvp and it’s not for him to judge that.

3 Likes

well I do pvp and I am the big athletic guy in the gym and I’m telling you he’s right so how about that. Fact of the matter is simply that most paladins are playing badly, refusing to use engineering (THE PVP PROFESSION), or just have very little class knowledge and that’s the real reason they feel they need a sprint.

1 Like

aren’t you still Sergeant in SoD tho? :thinking: how much time have you actually spent pvping in SoD? I’m not trying to have another pissing contest with you here but it seems like you’re acting like an authority on SoD paladin PVP when you’re 4 ranks behind most pvp players. Engi is good for fear immune bracers and go fast boots but I’m telling you in a world with displacement, shadowstep, warbringer, and in P4, feral spirits giving movement speed increase, you get a lot less mileage out of grenades than the slower pace of classic

2 Likes

Are you coming on to me?

3 Likes

What’s most relevant here is the ptr and how that particular kit interacts with divine steed. I don’t think spamming BG’s for honor in current sod meta where the teams are constantly imbalanced is a good way to determine the state of individual class balance in the first place. I certainly am not interested in ranking under those conditions but I do pvp still and I have 4 paladins so it’s often spread between them.

Also keep in mind it’s baseline, so it’s buffing every single paladin spec including healers. So now when you finally reach that hpal in the backline and wait for his bubble to drop off he will just horse away lmao.

I would highly encourage you to get on ptr and do some pvp if you really feel strongly about this. Or you could check out Arkaviun on youtube, he’s already published a lot of his stuff. He disagrees about steed for reasons he hasn’t elaborated on but you can see him basically owning almost everyone lol. (and it’s perfectly fine to have the opinion that you want it because you simply want to be op but it doesn’t mean we need it)

Paladins are out there pretty much dominating without even having access to most of the engi kit or consumables/trinkets/random other gear. I have probably 5hrs recorded from various pvp on there at this point plus a another hour of wsg. Reckoning spec straight up 1shots people even with arcanite reaper, a prebis weapon. We’re in a SUPER good spot for pvp even without steed. we’ll be able to do some absolutely hanus stuff with it in wsg I just hope it doesn’t result in a nerf to the rest of our stuff. ret has actually become a potentially unstoppable flag carrier now with shield wall + freedom + steed/rep/hoj and we can still use engi and consumes on top of all that. once we get good MC weapons it’s over for anyone we touch imo.

last I heard using steed made you drop the flag in WSG LOL maybe they fixed that? every time I’ve taken a break from Elden Ring DLC recently to try to get on the PTR, it’s been down. I wasn’t able to get into a WSG but on the times I was on there (I think last time was like 3 days ago), dueling felt amazing as ret. but I will agree ret stocks definitely going up with or without steed. I also don’t think 3 sec of go fast is necessarily game breaking either, although definitely has the strongest potential in WSG if the flag dropping was just a bug that was fixed. I still stand on the “I could take it or leave it” side.

def felt good to play though. the real question is how does it stand up to big bad ele in teamfights? we do have kick now though! coordinating leg runes in BGs with pallies is gonna be so fun.

make us over the top, give us instant holy wrath you cowards.

oh also, idk if you saw but in another thread I finally discovered recently after not playing for over a month that at some point, they actually did fix seal twisting to proc 3 seals off a twist. WHO KNEW? not me, it wasn’t in any blue posts! last time I tried it in PVP was when it first dropped and only did 2 seals, felt like a waste of a global unless SoC crit when it was working that way. also never found out what we are using on PTR for twisting, swingtimer wasn’t working for me last time, idk maybe they updated it recently to work? will have to try to test soon

lol yeah there were a few hotfixes that went in that flew under the radar. like for instance, did you know that after they changed seal of righteousness to crit and proc art of war, enchants and weapon procs that go off in melee can now also trigger art of war? always funny things going on with paladins.

yeah I remember seeing something about it, but thought they made a blue post about it, it’s fixed and doesn’t work that way now though right?