Paladins being banned for farming Stratholme en masse

If you play the game normally you have nothing to fear. I’m guessing that your normal differs significantly from the rest of us if you are afraid to play that way :wink:

What are you implying? If I was doing anything other than normal game play, my ban wouldn’t have been overturned.

But seeing as it has been, I must be playing normally. And yet since playing normally is what got me banned, I’m now hesitant to return to playing for fear of having to do this all over again because Blizzard allows an automated system to ban players.

I know of two other players who were banned in this wave and also overturned upon appeal. They’re also afraid to continue playing normally.

Overturned or not, if you get caught up in a banwave then something you are doing is close to, or mimics, an unacceptable manner of playing. My point being that most people, myself included, wouldn’t consider your chosen style of play normal. I’ve been playing for 15 years on multiple accounts, including multiboxing from time to time, and have never even been given a warning.

And no, just because you can do something in game doesn’t make it normal. Normal would be the way the majority of people play and this, like most bans, seem to affect a very small, but vocal, minority. A gameplay style may, or may not, be permitted. That is for Blizzard to decide.

2 Likes

Farming gold and boosting characters in a dungeon is pretty normal dude, considering thousands and thousands of people do it as a primary source of income in-game.

You are making an assumption, that just doing those activites is what generated the ban. I know you understand how to spell assumption :wink: I’m pretty sure, after reading this thread, that other flags were used, not just farming or boosting in a particular dungeon.

Personally I’d wouldn’t be upset if they found a way to stop all boosting activity, but that is just my personal preference.

1 Like
3 Likes

I would love that, but until they disallow it, I take advantage. Very early on I made posts asking them to nerf all boosting methods before TBCC came along, and MAN were people triggered by that post.

But that requires effort, which Blizzard will only do half way. They attempted to block the SP boost. Turns out they did an absolutely garbage job at that. Now they don’t try to stop it at all.

1 Like

Hey mate, I’m just wondering.

So, what you’re saying is that if we got banned or suspended because of something we didn’t do, we should just keep quiet? and let the punishment go through and just roll with the punishment hey?

Now, I know you might say, you can just appeal through. Well, that might be a solution, but even for me, I tried to get a refund for my D2R pre-purchase, it took over 48 hours for their CS to get back to me, and I don’t even get any replies yet, which proofs that their CS is pretty slow…

People get frustrated, that’s why they raise their concerns, and rant to everybody. It happens. Not getting a reply from customer support for over 48 hours is kind of concerning, because the longer it takes, the lower the chance for you to over turn the case, because you just start not giving a damn about it because if they don’t care about you, why should you care about them?

Regardless, if you think that farming Strat for gold is problematic, then just play the other parts of the game and enjoy. Personally I’m taking my time and enjoying the old world before Cata. I already did all of the content when it was originally released so I’m a lot more laid back this time around, that probably affects my outlook quite a bit.

At least quote the whole thing. The conversation was about normal gameplay and what constitues normal for most players. The GD forums are for venting, trolling, discussion, whatever. My comment was that the vocality of those affected doesn’t accuratly reflect the number of players (out of the totalityof the WoW playerbase) actually affected.

Just write a ticket. There was a similar problem on retail where players got banned for farming instances and they got unbanned after writing a ticket. Probably Blizzard’s anti-cheat system is bugged.

Thanks for this!

Part of the reason I know they wouldn’t be automated is that it would give players too much power. People would just mass-flag whomever they pleased and the system would react.

I dont know about you, but for me its kind of weird that you say that Blizzard reviewed EVERY SINGLE reports before they actually ban someone.

Then the victim appealed, then Blizzard just overturned it with a single MANUAL review, then you say the system works…

Then Blizzard also stated that they did “A thorough investigation” before they close the victims account, but all it takes was a single MANUAL review to over turn it.

Its weird…

2 Likes

Yeah, really weird…

Anyway, since we’re just speculating, I’m going to assume that Mike Morhaime’s guitar came to life, snuck into Blizzard HQ and started banning people on a whim just because it had nothing better to do with its time.

Not BMing about your opinion or speculations mate.

Its just my opinion. But for me, its weird if they actually did a thorough investigation prior to doing any actions, and they got ALL the evidence. But it just took them a single MANUAL review by a GM, and the action was over turned in less than 24 hours.

Maybe they actually did review it, but the reviewer just dont give care, and just ban regardless, you know.

But if the latter is indeed true, then whoever did that needs to be fired immediately.

1 Like

I think it was aliens. Just imo.

b rips for surv

I think you need to learn how to spell words.

oh yeah? please show me how to spell that word. type it in this forum you giga brain.

I don’t know how to spell the words you wanted to spell. I just know that it isn’t a real word.