Paladins being banned for farming Stratholme en masse

Sorry, but the quote you just used says they have an

Which means people run these things.

Now, they have an automated system, yes. That system does not ban people, it detects people using illegal software.

2 Likes

That’s an MVP post not a blizzard post from august of last year before the NOV multibox update and their systems could have definitely seen some fine tuning since then.

Also read most if not all of the whole thing instead of cherry picking a tiny little MVP section. Quick scan gives an idea of what’s going on in that.

Also, you really spent almost an hour going and finding “proof?”

And here’s the thing, if these reports are reviewed manually who thinks it’s a good idea to pass out permas for a first offense if there’s an offense at all then let em sort it out later?!

3 Likes

Yeah, Chris Metzen’s evil twin from an alternate dimension could have done some nefarious things behind the scenes as well.

Anything is possible if we imagine it!

2 Likes

Are people still going to blindly defend Blizzard and proudly wave around their guilty before proven innocent flag? Players are black bagged without any good cause or warning, left to rot by support, and not even told why it’s done. When you’re hit btw, you’re also silenced from the forum.

Just glad I wasn’t hit this time. I haven’t entered strat since classic. What would be perfect is if the people who laughed at us before were the ones hit now. But that would be too good to be true.

5 Likes

Nah, bots are bad and they’re everywhere so Blizzard ought to ban them!

…err, wait, Blizzard shouldn’t ban them because the bans are false!

…err, hold on…what narrative am I supposed to adopt here?

4 Likes

https://i.imgflip.com/5o7lue.jpg

1 Like

If you look at your browser, you’ll notice something interesting:

us.forums.blizzard.com

Pretty cool, right?

2 Likes

Every time there’s a ban wave there’s many people talking about it, swearing they did nothing wrong etc etc. Most of them are lying and remain banned after the appeals process. It means nothing.

Rubbish. You should have seen the momentum when they banned everyone caught using glider.

Simple fact is i’d be surprised if everyone they banned is innocent. And if by some miracle they are, Blizzard will reverse it.

6 Likes

Could be something to do the rhetoric on this forum and reddit. People claim that Blizzard doesn’t ban bots among other disinformation. People believe the lies, start botting and end up on the receiving end of a long suspension or ban. Of course it could also be a bunch of false positives.

I also believe a lot of ban reversals people see through the appeal process is Blizzard giving people who seem remorseful a second chance.

2 Likes

Yes these are blizzard forums +1 reading comprehension for you. That doesnt mean you have to zealously defend everything that they to do the point where no one can see where Blizzard starts and you end. Newsflash. They mess up. A lot. Especially in this modern era of “blizzard”. Learn to be objective, and dont swing from their jocks so much.

1 Like

I wonder too about the claim that buying gold only results in lighter penalties like a 3-day ban. That’s all anecdotal as well. Seems that kind of claim would just encourage people to buy gold.

1 Like

You’re an incredibly poor judge of character.

1 Like

I appreciate everyone’s input into this discussion. I think a lot of valuable things have been said, others not so much.

Let me be very clear here.

I’m sure this ban wave caught a ton of cheaters. Of that I have absolutely no doubt. I am extremely grateful that Blizzard is doing something about the botting issue.

My entire point with this post is that there’s a significant amount of evidence to suggest that a decent number of regular start farmer paladins may have been banned in this wave as well, through no fault of their own. Or, perhaps, something we are doing is causing us to get flagged. But we have no idea what it could possibly be.

I totally understand being skeptical. I totally understand that people lie about this all the time. I don’t blame anyone for feeling that way. All I ask is that you consider the possibility.

At this point, I am BEGGING Blizzard to look into these bans a little bit closer to see what happened. If that happens, I am very confident they will find some accidental false positives or mistakes. If anyone from Blizzard could clarify this issue for us, it would mean the world to me. And it’s the only way we can move this forward.

Thanks for reading my thread. Thanks for discussing the issue. Fair to say that the issue has been given some visibility from this post, which was my intention.

Now, I wait for Blizzard to give a response. It may or may not happen, but I sincerely hope it does.

You’re in luck! Blizzard has given us a means to do that:

And what’s funny is, you’ve already mentioned how several players you know where banned have made appeals that were overturned.

So you’re “BEGGING” Blizzard to do what they’ve already done and continue to do through this particular process.

Well done!

What issue? You’ve already said they’re handling the process. You admitted they’re catching cheaters and that people who were falsely banned are appealing and getting those bans overturned.

There is no issue here.

4 Likes

Innocent players continue to get banned. That is an issue in and of itself.

The appeals process often only works after multiple denials.

1 Like

Sorry, but you already said several people successfully got their bans overturned. Doesn’t really matter what you think about the process at that point since apparently it works.

3 Likes

Obviously the process is ineffective if multiple appeals are required.

1 Like

How is the number of appeals any indicator as to how effective the process is?

3 Likes

If someone doesn’t understand that they may need to appeal multiple times, they may stop trying after the first appeal is denied, and be permanently banned forever - even if it is an error.

If a process takes multiple runs to be successful, that is by definition ineffective.

Getting bans overturned is a good thing, but we also need to prevent innocent players from being banned in the first place, in the future.

Engaging with you is not productive in any sense, so I will leave the thread now and await a blizzard response, if one ever comes.

1 Like

How do you think at least some of the gold that gets sold is farmed?!