Paladins being banned for farming Stratholme en masse

You are so ignorant that its infuriating if you did any research on surv you would know he is one of the top tbc paladins and streams 90% of the things he does in wow(including stratholme farming) this goes for alot of other paldins as well plenty of people have been farming strat for months and the sudden spike in bans is alarming and i don’t believe some one or a large number of people found a exploit in strat also historicaly 99% of bots are mages not paladins

10 Likes

OVER AT TV/KIEF_TV

still waiting for a 5s stream this season

We tried to do some tonight but our BM hunter was MIA
Tomorrow we will do some 5v5 I promise ):

you guys are too kind, im really just an average joe trying to be good at a video game

I did stream some Stratholme runs today though, just in case anyone is curious, you can come and watch my vod and see that there are no exploits being used.

4 Likes

Your entire disposition is that people are being banned under false pretenses. You didn’t come here saying, “Hey, I think there’s been a misunderstanding…”

You came here saying that people are being banned for playing the game. You are being blatantly accusatory in specifically saying things like,

Also, you say this:

You “believe.” Meaning you don’t know. So you assume. And then you say this:

So, again, you are a hypocrite.

Because that would happen less often if there were fewer people cheating or engaging in actions that looked like cheating.

I never said every single one of them was dirty.

Again, show me the numbers and explain why you believe they are legitimate.

And legitimate bans also happen all the time.

Nowhere did I ever say this.

Woah, 3 people were falsely banned?! Stop the presses! The sky is falling!

But, wait, they appealed and were unbanned?

Huh, I guess it’s good that Blizzard gives people an appeal process, then right?

But you made a post about this anyway even though the problem was apparently fixed.

:rofl:

I have no doubt someone being skeptical of your wild accusations and claims would be highly insufferable to you.

By golly, I’m so sorry for siding with the people who make and moderate the game we play. I’ll try to be more mindful in the future.

You’re right of course, Videos can’t be edited in any way shape or form and are totally legitimate forms of showing things as they are. Nobody would ever be able to argue against your video.

3 Likes

The appeals process is best because false bans are recorded and analyzed for similarities.

Making a forum post is also helpful because it’s another avenue that will draw additional attention from Blizzard to the big picture issue.

Engaging with belligerent posters is not advisable because it will not contribute to a solution.

11 Likes

You’re right. Nothing can be gained by arguing with such people.

Hopefully Blizzard can look into the issue and help resolve it.

13 Likes

According to you, they are and have resolved it for several people already. Which means the system is working. :+1:

1 Like

Correction, they are fixing what their original broken automated system broke in the first place. If a system is working you don’t need to go behind it and fix it. =)

Hands out permas like candy, “System is working.”

4 Likes

Sorry, what system are you talking about?

Links, please.

1 Like

The system you referred to in your statement in response to the other person?

5 Likes

That system is not automated.

You referred to an “original” system. I have never heard of this until now and am skeptical that it was ever automated. So I want you to prove it.

Oh sorry the system that they have in their EULA

1. In an effort to combat the efforts of those individuals who are willing to violate the EULA, Blizzard utilizes an ‘anti-cheating’ utility that runs as part of Blizzard games. This ‘anti-cheating’ utility performs limited scans of:
  2. the Random Access Memory (‘RAM’) that is occupied by a Blizzard game to confirm that the Blizzard game’s program has not been altered or ‘hacked’ in violation of the EULA;
  3. the Blizzard games ‘process’ to determine if any unauthorized third-party programs or computer code has been attached to the Blizzard games process;
  4. the Windows Process List to determine if any confirmed hacking, botting or cheating programs are presently open in violation of the EULA; and
  5. the Windows Handles list to see which processes have a handle to the Blizzard games ‘process’. Additional information obtained from RAM and/or disc for the processes that have a handle to the Blizzard games ‘process’ will be used to determine if it is a confirmed hacking, botting or cheating program in violation of the EULA.

That one. The automated one.

5 Likes

No, the system I am referring to is the ban and appeals system.

Blizzard doesn’t perform automated bans.

2 Likes

The amount of faith people put in Activision is absolutely astounding lol.

7 Likes

Prove it =)

2 Likes

This is a Blizzard game on Blizzard’s forum.

The amount of free passes people give to Blizzard because it’s “Activision” is astounding.

3 Likes

"No hacks or cheats are allowed.

Our anti-cheat team takes action against botters and hackers 24/7, and every time I’ve asked them “how many botters were actioned yesterday?”, the number is always in the thousands. That’s a global number, by the way.

Our anti-cheat team focuses on popular botting spots, especially areas that are commonly reported by players. For example, Dire Maul has been one such area for cheaters, so a lot of attention from my colleagues has been put on Dire Maul recently.

Please be encouraged to keep using the in-game reporting system for cheat/hack reports. Those complement our systems that automatically look for the ever-changing strategies and software that the botters are using, and reports really help us zero in on new hacks more quickly than we would have without them."

They definitely do.

2 Likes

Another thing to keep in mind is just because someone got the ban reversed doesn’t mean they weren’t doing anything. A former coworker I know got nailed a few years ago for using a power leveling service. He told me he did it but he was still able to get his ban reversed.

Blizzard system isn’t perfect, but it’s probably right a heck of a lot more than it’s wrong.

2 Likes

I mean you are correct, however I truly believe something is wrong here. I can’t put my finger on what exactly is the issue in the system Blizzard uses to issue these bans, as I’m not very well versed in how Blizzard handles these things, but it seems that with each wave there is an increase in the number of people saying they were unfairly and erroneously banned (and this time it’s honestly skyrocketed compared to last time).

While these people being unbanned doesn’t necessarily exonerate them of ALL crimes, it is certainly evidence in favor of them being innocent.

I’m sure this ban wave also caught a ton of cheaters and for that I am thankful. I hope they take some extra time to look in this, because if they do, I am certain they will find that there are a bunch of bans to be reversed. I just worry that many of these players will get lost in the appeals process in which it is not uncommon to be denied a few times before the ban finally is reversed, or their guilds will replace them, or they will just never be unbanned. I also worry that our best method for farming gold is now contaminated and will just become too risky to be worth it. I also worry that even though unbans may go out, the next waves of bans may falsely flag more and more innocent players.

Bots also tend to favor playing mages, and this wave seems to have targeted a lot of paladins. I honestly don’t see very many bots playing paladins, as the time investment needed to be able to farm on a paladin is probably not worth it for them.

sorry I edited my post a time or two to consolidate my thoughts
There is a pattern developing here

This isn’t new. Every time they push out a ban wave there is a massive amount of posts here, reddit, mmo-champion and many other places about how they didn’t do anything but ended up banned.

Now maybe they did mess something up and got a few more false positives, or maybe they actually got it right and got some people that have been slipping through the cracks so the outcry is stronger. You can’t strictly go from noise because I’ve seen a heck of a lot more noise than this in the past. Even seen CM’s point out specifically what people were doing publicly just to shut it down.

If there is something out of the ordinary Blizzard should be able to figure that out. I seem to recall them posting in the past when it happened. Granted as long as I’ve been around that may have been 10 years ago.

1 Like