Paladin Leap!

And the fact we have paladins fighting with everything they have so we will not get a gap closer. That is just outlandish to me. Its as if they are scared of change and any change they do not want is the worst in their mind. You can see fellow paladins in this thread that are screaming no we do not need a gap closer.

3 Likes

So true, it was the same way when it came to a spell counter; the same old excuses were used: we wont be unique anymore, pally will be took OP, etc. Some people just cant handle change & loves to shoot themselves in the foot. I get it if its bad change, but when its a needed tool; why complain about it?

2 Likes

That is what I am seeing but it is only one or two most of us that have posted here are welcome to idea. I think the charge should be for all 3 specs of paladin not just one all should get it

1 Like

We should get something similar to what Tbolt posted; a leap that does an aoe on the ground. Blizzard should make it so the aoe does a DOT for ret, Hot for Holy, & a dmg reduction buff for prot for all that are within the aoe.

I agree but all 3 should do aoe damage to enemies when we land. Like a flat amount then the separate effects per spec

100% Agree. Long Arm/Emancipate/Judge mini slow worked just fine, let us be ret paladins once more instead of this pony bs, we don’t need to be warrior clones.

I would hope that a gap closer wouldn’t make us a clone. I don’t understand the fight to better our class. Every and I mean Every melee has a gap closer except Paladins. And I am not counting steed as one. Why not give us the the ability to close gaps like other melee. I mean ffs Enhancement shamans who are just a hot mess and in a worse place than we are has a leap.

It is like when we wanted an interrupt people were fighting against that. I just do not see your logic. And this is for all Paladin specs NOT JUST RET. Which keeps getting brought up this is not just for ret. It should be for all three specs of paladins. I have tanked on my paladin and that is where this comes from how I wish I had a charge or leap to get to the group I was pulling.

And if this upsets you I am going to be making a thread about getting a healing reduction effect put on to either CS, BoJ, or TV. Which again lets get brought up into the modern times with other classes.

Oh and I was one of those that wanted the interrupt

1 Like

Watch closely what you are asking.

When those were current judgement had 6sec cd in pvp because of pvp set bonus. Right now it’s a 12sec cd. So long arm of the law and judgement slow would be useless to be honest because it would happen half often.

Unless they double the seconds of movement speed and movement reduced to the target or make the 3sec movement speed increase remove all snares when applied.

3 Likes

Yep, think I’ve said it about 24 times by now but judgement would have to get a reduced cd and dmg bonus modifier, don’t think it would be that hard to implement.

As for other specs, I think Long Arm was available to all specs initially, Holy doesn’t need a gap closer and prot could keep the pony since it kinda feels alright for that spec to knock things back with it?.

The thing is they added that extra 4sec because of the damage increase it leaves to the target. And realistically they would have to remove it, then nerf reduces the cooldown. Which they wouldnt do because of pve reasons

Hmm, they could just reduce the dmg modifier to make it net the same numbers overall, in fact just scrap everything about Legion missile Judge with the old animation/funcionality and bake a 15% dmg bonus in it.

Something like that, anything but freedom/pony, that’s just stupid.

Simpler to just to put Pursuit of Justice back in, don’t have to change anything to accommodate it. An it’s not like ret spends holy power until its on target anyway.

Prot paladin having to just run in or use steed while pulling a group. It would allow prot paladins to jump in not having to waste their steed cd, also for mechanics that requires us to get a away fast if steed is on cd then we can without having to waste a bubble and for prot paladins wasting a bubble is bad.

Allowing paladins the movement they should have I do not see why people are so against this its like when we got interrupt people were fighting that as hard as they could.

And what skill exactly was this ex-Rey skill made into for rogues?

I’m curious

If you read my previous comments throughout this thread, you’ll know I’m not one of them.

I never said you were. If you look up you will see paladins saying no we do not need this.

There are somethings I can see that we do not need but a simple leap that all the paladin npcs have. Something that will benefit both pvp and pve. Trying to advocate for this to me is like when they finally gave us an interrupt how people were fighting that.

To me its like people do not want to improve the class they like how it is or was and do not want something new.

1 Like

I just got to think again and remembered the lance charge from the Argent Crusade Tournament Dungeon and Dailies. I think having something like that would be an interesting change to Divine Steed. Just have it so it doesn’t need a target and on a shorter CD.

Well someone had brought up give us the leap from the crusader from d3. I haven’t played one but appernalty it does a leap like a warrior but when it lands it does holy damage.

Also had a thought of a awesome execute imo. Golden wings pop out of our back we fly up and then throw a Judgement type hammer at our target and it does the normal execute damage as holy damage. I dont know to me that just would seem awesome to see.

Blizzard tried to implement this during the Legion Beta. Unfortunately a lot of people, especially paladins, cried about it requiring multiple clicks to activate. I think it was on the row competing with divine steed
don’t remember correctly, but it was pulled pretty late in the cycle.

Yes Please. Add this.

2 Likes