Paladin Leap!

Yeah, why should demons be the only ones to fly

1 Like

Our gap closer should be Exorcism we pop our wings with hands glowing with the power of the Light to leap in and grab people’s head & lifting it into the air stunning them for X seconds to Exorcise the evil sh*t out of them. Just like in this video.

Depends on how the knock down worked or instead of a knockdown it could be a small stun paired with holy damage when you landed would be fun.

And for some off topic talk. What i think would be awesome would be to give us a Smite as an execute where we touch them with our hand and a bolt of holy power slams into our target killing them. I know we have hammer of wrath but I find that Smite is an awesome name for an execute.

Does anyone else remember the pvp talent that prot had during Legion’s beta, Charge of the Crusader.

1 Like

Now that’s a Paladin leap :stuck_out_tongue:

If only we could have cool stuff like this.

3 Likes

I could see having the wings cool down, or even seals/judgement effect alter aspects of how some abilities work while it is active. I mean having it that exo for example while wings causes you to charge at the target, or that while it is active allows a holy paladin to drop consecrate on a allied target’s location.

I love that, how about this we activate the paladin leap and of course the curser changes like a warriors dose we select where we jump. Golden wings appear behind us then a golden angel appears picks us up moves us to the location and drops us where we wanted to be. Landing sends out a shock wave of holy power dealing damage and stunning anyone in the area for like 2-3 seconds.

1 Like

I for one love the idea of that leap emulating the Crusader’s ability from Diablo3. I think it on par with other abilities from the game and matches the fluff of a paladin/infused warrior.

That said, I do believe also that the paladin isn’t the most kiteable of melees. On that, I think DK has the spot.

Also, it isn’t fair to compare to the warrior. A Warrior’s toolkit is considerably inferior to a paladin’s, Arms Warriors have a crappy heal that’s hardly on par with whatever the paladin has and even with Fury’s absurd healing it isn’t near as good as having a bunch of defensives. I’d rather avoid damage than having to heal it anyday.

So, yeah, paladins could have a bit more mobility? Sure thing. A leap would be a workaround? For sure.

I would make it spread those new wings, flash up to the skies and fall down with a big boom. It would be cool, useful and I doubt anyone would actually feel bad for having it.

3 Likes

Thank you I do have to admit I am worried about people asking for dw ret spec and before its asked there is a post in the forums about a 4th paladin spec. Some people brought up it could be dw and some said just add dw to ret. I am afraid that blizz will do to paladins as they did Frost dk’s and others that had both options and that is to remove the 2h and force dw on us.

That being said I do belive that a Leap would be beneficial to us. And yes we are kiteable over dk’s as at least they have grip. All we have is a slow and steed unless you speced for 2 charges of steed.

2 Likes

I like that idea even if it was a leap from steed. Or just a leap that would be used on mobs that were 4 or more and did a knockback, stun or consecration as we land. This is a move that can save a wipe and or would give us more mobility. I feel this is something I would love to have. I have 13 toons and only 3 of them are tanks and out of those three my pally is the slowest and less mobility.

1 Like

How much wrong info have you spewed all over the forum???

Dks have a 70% undispellable snare, that has no cooldown.

They also have a passive cannot be reduced to 70% of normal movement speed and when activated they gain 30% movement speed and cannot be reduced to 100% movement speed on 45sec, 1min cd?

Death grip, an instant and efficient gap closer.

Not to forgot that most of their damage comes from virulent plague which is ranged, they can spam death coil while kited, their pet can still attack. They can play the game even if they are kited. A ret can not cast anything except judgement on 12sec cd and the 30sec cd dispellable 70% snare.

What’s not fair is even comparing arms toolkit to rets. Arms are made to be disruptive. And they are super good in that matter, the same way unh dks are. They can keep up their slow, pressure with a nasty bleed. Their pvp talent causing 50% healing reduction and increased damage on mortal strike. Spell reflection, fear trinket and immunity, a dr banner. Their vision of perfection acting as both an immunity to cc from bladestorm and huge pressure from the bleed on every target.

Arms are really doing great in pvp right now, even strong. And stronger than ret hands down.

4 Likes

Agreed with everything you have said here. I do believe we need a leap or a charge Paladin npcs have a mixture of one or the other. What we should also have is a Mortal strike effect on TV or on CS. This would help us to deal with healing. I know this is going to sound over powered but considering I had been killing a warrior and almost had him dead and a healer pops up and heals him to full. That is just so frustrating.

3 Likes

I think it would make more sense to have an effect that redirects something like 10% of healing the target would receive to the Paladin. You could call it Favored by the Light.

Yeah, it could look neat and thematic to have some kind of steed based charge. Probably not a knockback though, short root or stun. Knockbacks don’t exactly make good gap closers.

Nobody wanted Divine Steed.

The CD is far too long, the duration is too short, and it’s vulnerable to every type of CC. It’s basically worthless for closing gaps unless your opponent is a complete moron.

Retribution needs a proper gap closer because, like every other melee, snares and freedom of movement is only half the battle. If you can’t immediately get on your opponent on a relatively consistent basis, those previous tools won’t be nearly as effective when your enemy has tools that allow them freedom of movement too.

People arguing about a charge or leap mechanic not being unique should remember pretty much every melee has those mechanics in some form or another so uniqueness has pretty much gone out the window at this point.

And frankly, being unique is only nice if you’re also effective. If you’re a special snowflake but everyone can kill you rather easily because your actual tools blow, then it’s not doing you much good is it? There’s something to be said about the aesthetic, but it shouldn’t come at the expense of efficiency or effectiveness.

8 Likes

Yeah Ret’s unique because it has bad mechanics that nobody else does. I’ll pass on that.

2 Likes

You cant say we are alone (looks at Frost DK, Enhancement Shamans) although even enhancement shamans have a charge

4 Likes

Dont forget DK has grip too, the worst part is even hunters; hunters who 2/3 spec are range focus have a gap closer for their melee spec when pally who 3/3 are melee focus does not. Even though survival is melee, they have tons of range abilities & they still have a gap closer.

2 Likes

This is true. I while mentioning DK’s I meant that frost is a mess like enhancement shaman. But both of them have gap closers and even hunters and rogues have them so again why not us.

3 Likes

Forgot about rogues but, yeah at this point its very stupid to be the only melee class without 1; this has become the same issue we had to go through when every class had a spell counter(kick) but pally & it took us fighting blizz from vanilla til cata or mop (forgot when, but took forever) to finally get it.

2 Likes