Paladin Leap!

So am I the only one that notices that almost every Paladin npc that attacks has a leap like a warrior. Why not give that to the players as well. We get the Divine Steed how about giving us a Leap to go with it.

27 Likes

you’re not the only 1, we were supposed to get 1 in legion similar to what tyrael has in HOTS but blizzard hating on pally like usual gave that to rogue instead; a class that can sneak up on people undetected without a need for it got it instead
blizzard’s logic. And there’s survival hunter, a class that is mainly a range class finally got a melee spec but with tons of range got it but not pally.

14 Likes

A leap with a 45s cd that casts 3s of Blinding Light when we land to all within 8 yards.

4 Likes

That would be fun, fun is not allowed.

17 Likes

Take Holy Prism exactly as it is now and simply add the character displacement and animation of D3 Crusader’s spell Falling Sword.

Targeting an enemy will cause you to crash down at the enemy’s location, dealing damage to the enemy and splash healing to nearby allies. Targeting an ally will cause you to drop down at the ally’s location, healing the ally and dealing splash damage to nearby enemies.

13 Likes

You would have to lose something in return.

1 Like

They could completely replace the holy prism talent with this. I would play holy ALOT more if this were a thing. it even makes sense with our mastery.

1 Like

That would be pretty cool being able to leap into melee or a range group to better heal.

I’m pretty sure both heroic leap and fel rush were skill concepts that were cooked up by/for Paladins and then given to other classes by Blizzard.

As OP mentioned, a lot of npc Paladins seem to be able to perform the leap but for some reason the Highlord can’t seem to figure it out.

Since we’re dreaming, it’d be fun to have a 30s leap with spec specific effects.

Random ideas:

• prot: small amount of damage and taunts enemies that are not attacking another tank
  • ret: small amount of damage, applies short debuff that lets your next crusader strike to cleave onto all targets with the debuff, and reduces leap cooldown by 15s if 3+ targets are hit
  • holy: does a small amount of damage and casts a 360 degrees light of dawn.

Mobility and a bit of flavor is the aim here.

10 Likes

We will trade divine steed for it.

18 Likes

It would be a good talent that we could spec into to upgrade our consecration. Make it so we leap and land at the designated spot and place consecration down.

1 Like

I’ve always hated divine steed, give me back my passive speed boost

9 Likes

Said the same thing a few years back, then a few years after that guess who got a similar ability to the idea; tank demon hunter.

1 Like

Says the druid with charges, stealth’s and to get out of movement impairment just switches out of travel form and back into it. No Paladins need a leap like almost every Paladin Npc that fights has. And that being said I hate to say it Dk’s could use a better movement mechanic. But yes Paladins need something to keep the distance closed in pvp or pve. And no we should not have to give anything up for it. Divine steed is supposed to be our movement but other classes can get our of our range when we use divine steed. Perhaps instead of giving us 2 charges of divine steed we get 2 leaps that aren’t time dependent to be used or to go on cd.

5 Likes

Watch out we have triggered bad a$$ over here

1 Like

Short answer, no. We don’t need to be shiny warrior clones, what was distinct about ret was having no instant gap closer but rather constant faster speed through emancipate/long arm, we only need that back.

5 Likes

This 100%. I’d looove for Pallys to have Falling Sword from D3’s Crusader skill set

3 Likes

Look guys I feel you but don’t hate on Blizzard for looking for reasons to gimp paladins, especially Ret. It was the community that hated it. First you had people complaining it did damage and thus was ‘mandatory’ to use for that damage for some bizarre reason. Second you had people complaining, as now, that it’s “just heroic leap” and not a distinct ability because Ret’s ‘class fantasy’ is to not have the abilities other melee have but for them to all have some of each other’s. Third, you had people complaining that it wasn’t ACTUALLY heroic leap because you had to place a sword and teleport to it, using a few taps to get there. Fourth, you had people (that don’t play Paladins at all) complaining it was unfair that paladins effectively had an escape or an aggressive Warlock teleport because you could zip off when low in PVP or in front of them when they pillarhump you.

Because all of these people were constantly arguing about each other and, biggest of all, that this ability just wasn’t Charge you had developers scrap it and be glad to do so. The only time developers listen to Ret complaints is when they complain about good things Ret gets and people cry that it’s too powerful, too hard to use, too simple or whatever floats their boat. So don’t hate Blizzard for this one particular thing Ret lacks, blame the community of people that will complain that whatever things Ret gets is not exactly what they want or exactly how they want it to work.

It will happen again, just watch. Remember when people complained that certain traits or talents were ‘mandatory’ so Blizzard just nerfs them and they stay mandatory, just weaker? It is the fate of all things Ret gets when you guys complain about it so please, the next time they add a leap, don’t hate on it even if it is clunky.

LMFAO, god your reasoning is the stupidest excuse I have ever heard; if blizzard really care about community complaint then mage would not be the OP class that they would had lost spell steal, and time warp. And fury warrior wouldnt be able to out self heal a ret pally; blizzard pick and choose what they want to do its a simple as that, they are the ones to blame not the community.

A Paladin is literally a Holy “Warrior/Knight”, just because blizzard hated Paladin and crap on the class in vanilla; turning them into a cleric does not mean that is what a Paladin and especially what a Ret paladin was suppose to be. Go and read the books, what you are talking about is not even close to what the Warcraft lore Paladins are.

1 Like

How about we remove Divine Steed and just take the leap instead.

Win/win.

3 Likes