Paladin Leap!

I would not mind having these three as options in the talent tree as a mobility tier.

Mobility talent tier options

• Crusader charge: This would have the paladin on use mount up an using a lance charge at a target, with them either having full control of where they charge if they have no target, or a much quicker charge directly at a selected target. THis could also even drop something like a consecrate field under the end location upon impact/end of the charge, or could knockdown (not knockback) targets in a small area around the area for a monetary stun.

• Sacred land: This would replace consecrate an like above have both a targeted, or in this case a ground targeting element to it like rain of fire or fire-strike. It would allow the paladin to lay down a consecrate field at either a selected area, or around a selected target in line of sight, but I would imagine you would want to have the damage reduced abit. The other element would be that a second activation of the ablity would have the user leap/teleport to the location consuming the field in doing so.

• Exo-port: Now this would only be usable if they gave us back exorcism though i think it would be interesting. The idea is that you use one ability like if we had the seal/judgement system still you might judge crusader on the target marking them, than by using exorcism on the target you teleport/dash to that target. IT would give you some mobility an closing ability, as well as if you had a marked target further away a disengage/escape option.

Just use Falling Sword from Diablo III

Falling Sword

Cost: 25 Wrath (Replace With a Mana Cost)

Cooldown: 30 seconds

Launch yourself into the heavens and come crashing down on your enemies, dealing 1700% weapon damage to everything within 14 yards of where you land.

2 Likes

Instead of weapon damage it should be holy damage

Yeah the damage in general would have to be balanced, but that skill would be amazing as the Paladin gap closer. You could up the cooldown to 45 secs and add add a talent to give it 2 charges - replacing the horse talent.

Also, get rid of the stupid horse entirely please. The skill looks super cheesy, breaks immersion and is often completely ineffective at closing a gap.

Well I would say keep the horse but change it. But we have a few paladins that speak for everyone as they do say above no one wants or needs this. They are all worried about not being ā€œWarrior clonesā€. Well we are warriors holy warriors. And as I have said npcs have figured out how to do a leap yet we have not what kind of crap is that.

And the reason i say all 3 specs should get it is to help with avoiding mechanics.

Just think a holy paladin that leaps into a group of raid members that are low health to get out of the way of boss mechanics and when he lands it cast a aoe heal on everyone within a 5 yd radius.

Iā€™ve been advocating for this for years now. I do play a Crusader and is one of my favorite abilities they have. Other than for greater Rift runs, I always take Falling Sword. Also its more of a combination of a leap and teleport, though Iā€™d say more of a teleport.

Its also very similar to an ability I propose way back in Wrath and another reason I like it so much.
It was, ā€œthe paladin would leap into the heavens and come crashing down riding the Judgement hammer on to an opponentā€. If anyone remembers the old Judgment animation, it was basically that, but with the player riding it down.

This suggestion was idea of how it could be put into the game using current game mechanics.

I need to give the crusader a try in D3. I will have to say I have also been advocating for this as well. Personally I think we should have a leap for a long long time.

1 Like