Paid Transfers Aren't Coming (link)

Compared to retail, candy crush is a hardcore game

1 Like

Depends on the content. Mythic raids, M+ dungeons are certainly harder than anything classic has to offer but harder doesn’t mean more fun.

Classic is a nice blend of targeting rewards without being hardcore in the ability to get most things done.

2 Likes

Kinda strange then cause paid character transfers were available starting in 2006, during Vanilla.

This would definitely be a change if they do not make it available in a later phase.

I disagree… all mythic’s are is a race… can do that with any dungeon set your stopwatch and go …
Mythic’s are the equivalent of asking a group of 4 year olds whoever stay’s quite the longest wins! so you wont be bothered for awhile…

Retail is a dumpster fire

1 Like

WoWwiki- won’t let me link, but basically- xserver BGs were 1.12, paid transfers were 1.11, months earlier.

1 Like

My prediction: we’ll be seeing paid transfers before the second quarter of 2020.

It doesn’t matter either way to me, I’m very happy with the servers I rolled on.

1 Like

Where are the screenshots of the cancelled accounts the crybabies said they would do if this happened?

Maybe- I’d predict since launch was August 27, and PCT required you to xfer to a server at least 6 months olds- we get them Jan 27, or at the ‘phase’ closest to that.

So, before the end of March, 2020.

Blizzard would make a ton of money if they allowed paid transfers in classic. The $25 cost generally regulates how many will do it, though.

“Paid character services, including character transfers between realms or WoW accounts, are not available in WoW Classic. If you wish to play on a different realm or account, you can create a new character to play.”

You all realize that this has been there since launch lol, also dosnt say “will not”

2 Likes

Judging by all the tears on these fourms. Yeah it’s hardcore.

Level Alliance on one of the Horde dominated servers and get back to me. We’ll call it an experiment.

We at the point of no return and most players are 60. What’s your train of thought?

Impressive. You quoted me 4 times and managed to still not make a point. Kuddos to you i think that is a record.

Yes I did, I proved you lied

hell no! I still have 4 days of sub time!! I paid for the right to complain on the servers so i’m gunna use it!

I did notice it was updated tho. So I’m going to assume that means its not coming at least for a long while.

I’m absolutley fine with it, but I really am just making my voice heard with my last days :slight_smile:

I’m just wondering maybe Classic WoW isn’t linked to the Battlenet Shop because Blizzard was not expecting the classic players to be receptive to having any micro-transaction services and that the paid transfers is dependent on having that link, since anything involving RL $$ goes through the Battlenet shop.

And getting the Battlenet-shop dev team to implement that linkage is not a quick and straight forward task (or maybe Blizzard feels then spending the resource+$$ to do so would not worth what can be gain from it)

The free transfers, from our side seemed to be using the “shop” system, but its entirely possible that it’s in its own little system away from Retail.

OP, i believe John Hight has spoken about paid realm xfers being made available at some point in the future as they were present in vanilla too.