Paid option to 'bank' our Wrath era characters? Please

I enjoy Classic Era, Classic SoD and Retail. Honestly, if Retail added a Chromie time option to set the vanilla game world to an OG vanilla original game world option I would use it.

However, I did enjoy Wrath as being the final expansion before Deathwing came and Cataclysm completely changed the old world zones and questing. So, without the aforementioned Chromie Time option (here’s to hoping some day!) I would enjoy just one Wrath era realm to ‘power trip’ back to the OG vanilla original game world as it exists and time-to-time blast around at L80 in L60 zones.

The overpowered is something fun to do on occasion. Again, wish retail would do that as an option even as it would require a Ground-mount-only requirement of the OG world.

Yah I would to. Chromie time having the old OG 1-60 overworld would be the best thing ever. And not being able to fly wouldn’t bother me at all, as well as no dragon riding.

Permanent wrath would be the best though. It just had everything lacking in retail and vanilla classic.

2 Likes

I have seen people asking for wrath on the forums, and tbc. Except the primary post asking for wrath era before it got removed had likes in the thousands. In cata and other expansions like cata, and wod some people will leave and some will go in but the net outflow will be high on expansions which are well, not good for a permanent era. I think mop and legion either might be a nice stop point and I think during wod or maybe late cata might be a good time for tbc, but if tbc+ fails might not get wrath as you say.

TBC might be but might need some qol and tweaking, maybe something akin to events to make the outer world of tbc more active. Wrath+ will prob need better loot planning with regards to harder dungeons. Though I am not sure some expansions might age better as a permanent era than others.

But as well tbc plus or a revisited tbc might be a experiment as now that the no changes is dead they might be able to ask what changes to tbc might be made. Might be a good expansion for the token though it has enough non-gdkp raids like mag, za, naxx, and kara.

5 Likes

That’s a lie.

2 Likes

I don’t remember that thread at all.

I too would enjoy both. A single Wrath era realm to keep my beloved level 80s in just as I return to OG classic era time to time. Also enjoying SoD and retail ‘modern’ WoW. But would definitely love a Chromie time OG world option in modern WoW.

Should there not be any options ever offered, well, sadly so be it. I’ll play classic era, SoD, Retail but never another classic beyond as, again, IMHO ‘classic’ ends where Cata begins. Once again, glad for those who want Cata, but still holding out hope for some option to set aside, bank, or however else. Really not looking forward to losing my Wrath era beloved character to Cata.

“Please, no, not again.”

1 Like

You don’t lose your WotLK character, just like how I didn’t lose my TBC character when WotLK came.

I still have all of the items I kept from Classic and TBC.

1 Like

And do what with them?

idk, maybe it would be nice to have a forever last content phase server for each expansion, but I think I lean towards the Ladder Season servers personally.

:woman_shrugging:

Stare at them like a trophy and do pretty much nothing with them…

Is not an acronym and shouldn’t be be capitalized beyond the first letter.

What else would you have to say?

It’s lost. The OG game world and all that entails is lost.

Loss of the talent trees. Loss of the original game world. My characters losing those things are a loss to me.

1 Like

It exists in Classic Era, and always will. Unlike what happened in 2010 the first time Cata was released.

It’s just bad terminology talking about losing your character, losing this, losing that. The game is getting an expansion.

Yea, because it was removed. It was deleted after a retroactive change in the terms of service the links to the change-org petition, post for wrath era which had likes in the high hundreds was also removed which specifically linked to the petition.

Don’t think blizzard can remove posts to change-org but there were also two posts for wrath twinks which also got removed. But the original pro-wrath era thread did have likes in the thousands before it was removed.

4 Likes

Game world has nothing to do with character.

They got reworked, hardly lost.

Again this has nothing to do with your character.

So you’re only real issue with your character is that the talents get reworked… Something that happens in every live service game ever.

It did not. It had a few hundred likes. About the same as the petition.

Please link your source.

Link yours. The thread is gone but I’ve never seen a thread with thousands of likes. The poll it linked to had less than 500 sigs. Are you claiming that a thread linking a poll had thousands of likes but only 500 went to the poll to sign it? And likes are cumulative. If someone is against wrath era and someone liked that post that like would be included in the final tally. It’s possible that most of the likes were for posts against wrath era.

I’m sure that the wayback machine would have it.

Doesn’t change what I said. If you care about your collections, then do it in retail.

If you’ve already done it in retail, then congrats, what you did in LKC still doesn’t matter because the relevant one is retail.

So? Wrath isn’t about the barrens or westfall. You could put the cata new “old” world into lich king and NOTHING about lich king changes, which is exactly the entire point of the expansions AFTER 1-60 era. Thank god we don’t have to go back and those zones hold 0 relevancy.

If you want to make an argument for an era existing that includes the old “old” world, then it’s 1-60, as the game actually was the journey through those zones, not lich king.

You want lich king servers, fine, can’t disagree with your want. If you want to present these points as an actual argument for lich king servers, they suck as points for that.

1 Like