Paid option to 'bank' our Wrath era characters? Please

Bad logic in you saying I want to be equal to someone that throws a lot more time at WoW. Casual players, including myself, would like a lot more time to progress and thus Era treatment would be great.

Four hours each day to play WoW is ridiculous for some people. There are other games to play and other things to do.

Blizzard will do what it thinks is the appropriate thing to do from a business perspective. Different customers will react differently and it’s OK to toss out your opinions on something so Blizzard can get a sense of community wants to help form what they want to support.

1 Like

This is my thing to. We shouldn’t just have vanilla classic permanent era, and hardcore classic, and classic plus and classic som.

Some people take a while to level up. I am one of them.

I think wrath and bc should get the same treatment. Not everyone was interested in staying in vanilla. Hence why I never bought a clone for vanilla. I will buy one for wrath classic though the instant permanent wrath of the lich king era realms are announced.

2 Likes

There aren’t any SoM servers.

There’s just the Era, Hardcore and SoD (which you call Classic+) servers.

And I’m sure it will but it’ll likely take a couple years before that happens (my guess is 5).

No one needs more time. Not even ultra casuals. It’s literally nearly 2 years of this expansion. If you couldn’t see it once in 2 years, what makes you think that changes next year?

3 Likes

The devs aren’t doing much now, with wrath being current. That is not a presuding argument.

Wraths over. They work on Cata classic, Sod and Retail.

They were not doing much of anything before, either.

They did some things. maybe not enough to make you happy

I wonder what all those players on Classic Era are doing five years after it was launched? Huh.

Not everyone is always subscribed. Players come and go. I am playing Era now but maybe in a couple of years I want to dabble in TBC or WotLK. It would be great to have that as an option whenever we want.

2 Likes

Bank them where exactly? Cryogenic storage? Because there will be NO WOTLK servers left after the Cata upgrade.

They made the changes they wanted and put it on auto pilot. Cost them very little to run wrath, after you take out the crappy changes.

Probably going to have to go to PS, blizzard only listens to their echo chambers. And for some reason, it bothers those echo chambers for other players to get the era servers. Even though, they are welcome to NOT play them.

No one would be bothered if there’s era servers. We’re just looking at all the information we can find and using it to express our opinion why blizzard decided not to add them and why it’s unlikely they’ll change their mind.

1 Like

That maybe your take, however there are plenty of people acting like era servers is some kind of personal insult to them.

Funny, heard the same thing about rdf.

For some, not having era servers a personal insult to them. Same level as beating someone up

That was my thinking as well. Just one realm to leave alone. This was the reason non-official servers came to be. I only play on official and wanted one Wrath remainer realm. But, it is what it is. For those who want Cataclysm, glad for them. I’ll stick with whatever else whether classic era or whatever flavors they try and retail I suppose. I’ll miss Wrath and not being able to jump into Wrath as a Wrath era level 80 cap realm. Not going to be in Cataclysm again. I played it when it was original and it’s all just ‘retail’ to me now.

2 Likes

Yah I mean I do wish they would leave at least one permanent wrath classic era server up. That was the reason in my op as to why permanent vanilla era servers failed. They left every single server up. Like just delete most of the servers and have everyone copy past to the most popular one. I could get on that one.

People say vanilla classic era didn’t have anyone playing. It did. You just had to go to the main server everyone was on. I just cannot remember which ones it they were. There were a couple of them.

And personally, I wasn’t into classic vanilla or classic bc. Like at all. I wanted a permanent wrath classic era server option from the beginning.

1 Like

It’s the reality though as everyone is entitled to their opinions. I don’t know why everyone is shooting anyone down.

I mean, from the information I looked at, as if any of the information anyone else has is verified anyways, I determined the opposite. That permanent wrath classic servers would be a good idea. That is just my perspective on it though. All we need to do is just agree to disagree and move on.

2 Likes

I’m not sure why there is so much hate in these forums. EVERYONE has an OPINION and it doesn’t mean that theirs is any less than yours. I read the forums a lot but don’t post often. I personally don’t want Cata. I hate what they did to the zones. I liked Cata ok and will play if I have to but I would rather spend my WoW eternity in Wrath. Now, that is my OPINION and others have the same one. Is there a reason for verbally attacking someone who feels differently than you? Absolutely not and that’s the reason we have so much toxicity in game already. Some of you need to grow up and have some respect.

3 Likes

I honestly couldn’t agree more. You just see alot of opinions that aren’t even really all that objective which is what frustrates me.

I mean, occasionally you will have someone saying like, yah, I don’t think wrath classic permanent era options will get made, and I don’t really want them either. But I sympathize with the people who do want them.

I see comments like that sometimes. But it is rare. And then of course you also have the folks who want permanent wrath classic era servers do as well who leave comments. As well as the neutral folks.

For me, Retail is retail. I legit play it exactly as I did back in the day. I still have my quiver full of old arrows on my hunter. I still dismount myself when I go over deep water. I still do only regular quest hub quests, exploration exp from the overworlds, and doing each dungeon once or twice. I have the old orgrimmar music playing in orgrimmar. Like my OCD in retail knows zero bounds. Permanent wrath classic would just allow me to have the best of both. But you cannot recreate everythng. But It would be nice to have a permanent version of classic wrath that scratches the oldschool itch better. And vanilla era just didn’t do it for me.
It was to hard. Way to many elite mobs everywhere. Couldn’t really farm zulian tiger efficiently. Etc.

And wrath has all 80 original levels. And most of the old content cept for naxx and onyyxias lair from what I recall. Everything else is there. The game was a bit easier, but not to easy. You have the exp on off feature to cap at level 60 or 70 for that content if you want to raid or whatever. It is just great.

Most of the problems that people point out in both retail and classic I just generally don’t have an opinion on. And most are generally pretty petty anyways. Although I think it would be really cool to add the old overworld back to retail for chromie time. Like that would be lit. I have posted about that a few times.

Other than that, this is the big one I am asking for from blizzard. I just hope they can give out a couple permanent wrath classic servers at the very least.

3 Likes