Paid option to 'bank' our Wrath era characters? Please

And you never stop with your anti wrath classic as a permanent option/ we aren’t ever going to get permanent wrath classic server options monologue either lol.

Just keep telling us it won’t happen. And I will keep on posting reasons as to why wrath classic permanent server options should happen. And you can keep on telling everyone what you want to tell them to.

As mentioned, you all feel just as entitled to your opinions. And I will still be entitled to my opinions about why permanent wrath classic server options should exist.

2 Likes

Thats not what I say but ok.
If you’re unable to understand what my take is, i make it very simple for you:
Wrath Era is bad now. It is DoA. Release it later when people are sick of vanilla and Cata.

Also I’m not writing a monologue. You’re the one that writes an entire essay on literally every thread (and even necroing which btw can result in a ban) that exists how much you love Wrath while ignoring the facts everyone gives you.

1 Like

This is what I said that Blizzard should’ve done with SoM, I said that it came too soon after Classic and that it’s pretty much them releasing Classic again with nothing new. But I guess that lead to SoD which is enjoyable for a while so I guess some good came from SoM’s failure.

I think that WotLK Era will be much better recieved later than it would be if it were to be released along side Cata. It’s still too fresh in the minds of players.

1 Like

Correct but one of the crucial points of sod was that people were missing vanilla and were sick of Wrath. Without this it wouldn’t have been that popular.
The same goes with Wrath Era. Currently there is absolutely no point on releasing dead Era realms. People are sick of Wrath because it lasted WAY too long for a Classic expansion, while also having good alternatives such as sod, Cata soon and even a retail expansion. Let it flow, let it sink and wait until people build hype around Wrath again.

1 Like

Really? I thought that WotLK lasted fair average as a Classic expansion 1 year, 4 months, 12 days so far and I thought that on average they’re meant to last one and half years.

But yeah, WotLK needs the excitment to come back to it, adding WotLK Era servers and expecting the servers to function is quite the expectation to go into only for them to be dead will likely shatter any will to play WotLK much like with what happened to Classic Era before the additions (SoM/D HC).

1 Like

1 year 4 months so far, yes. Add 3-4 months and we are over 20 months. Original Wrath lasted 24 months btw
Tbc lasted barely a year.
Main issue was Ulduar. That entire tier with Togc lasted longer than the original release

1 Like

And yet you always read and respond to my posts yehmi. If you don’t like what I am posting, that is fine. If you don’t like my long essays, why do you bother reading them. It isn’t my fault you cannot read past a 3rd grade level.

And I have seen you. You litteraly attack anyone who has anything positive to say about a permanent wrath classic era server option. You always say the same bullcorn to. Just like I do.

And wait until people are sick of vanilla and cata. I don’t want to wait that long lol.

Granted cataclysm classic will be just like bc and wrath classic. It will have a short burst of activity for like 3 months. And be dead. Because blizzard enables players who pretty much have no investments into their toons. With level boost and wow tokens and the like.

I often wonder what the opinion will be on dragon soul to. Man what a bad raid. With each patch will be a burst of activity. And just be done. And then onto pandaria. So even if I wait until classic cataclysm and classic plus dies down. It will just be onto pandaria classic at that rate anyways. Or the next big retail expansion.

I also just love how they have classic plus and classic som, classic hardcore, and permanent vanilla. But to heck with all that for wrath classic. I would gladly play a permanent wrath classic server or a hardcore wrath classic server. To heck with vanilla wow.

4 Likes

I don’t. Why do you assume that

Well tbf your arguments are somewhere between first and 3rd grade level. They simply make no sense. Most of your arguments read like that “Apples are red. Thats why I like bananas.”

Nope. That’s a straight up lie. I attack:

1. lies
  2. cope

And you do both but at some point I just gave up responding to you because you’re immune to feedback. Even if Blizzard would tell you its not going to happen due to lack of interest you would write 10 essays how wrong Blizzard is without giving an argument.

No idea what your point is. WoW Token released way before the playerbase was slowly regressing. Back to what I said before. Your arguments make no sense.

What is your point here? Dragon soul will be played and raidlogged and then obviously a new expansion hype is coming. That’s how it has been since 2004.

Great then play it.

I’m glad you would play it but simply put - you would be playing alone now. Pretty much everyone either goes to Cata Classic, SoD or even Retail. These “games” have new content instead of the same content they have been playing for almost 2 years now. I don’t know how you don’t understand this.

2 Likes

Let me play wrath classic alone then rehmi. And I clearly won’t be the only one playing lol. Kind of stupid if you think I would be the only one playing a permanent wrath classic server.

And way to twist my words on how we have classic plus, classic som, classic hardcore and permanent vanilla but no wrath classic permanent options or permanent wrath classic hardcore options. You litteraly ignored that part where I don’t like the classic vanilla options, and I want permanent wrath classic options and wrath classic hardcore options etc. Vanilla shouldn’t be our only option for those things. Wrath in my op should get the same treatment.

We should have wrath classic hardcore. Wrath classic SOM. Wrath classic permanent. And wrath classic plus.

Also, the classic wrath som and hardcore options would have new content added to. Why do you think that would change. Vanilla som and vanilla classic plus get new content. I am just saying wrath classic should get the same bloody treatment. If they don’t, and wrath classic permanent options don’t get made, I am just going to keep posting about it.

I am not going to just be quiet about permanent wrath classic options. I will continue to post until permanent wrath classic options happen. Plain and simple.

Then enjoy it alone. But not on official servers.

Obviously exaggerating but you would be in a ghost town as for now. It is not going to be much different than Vanilla Era servers.

I don’t. I’m just quoting what you write. And you write a lot.

Then don’t play it… man its really not that hard. Either play something or dont. You don’t have to start a vendetta.

Ok you have told us that in about 100 posts.

I think only having Vanilla as the museum, as the true WoW is a great concept for Blizzard and the playerbase. Expansions changed the game and were never designed to last forever. Fun fact: initially vanilla wow was designed to have no expansions and last forever.

God no. Besides the fact that hardcore wrath makes no sense as wrath is way too easy to level and raid, thats just too many versions.

Hardcore has no new content. Season has new content, obviously but that would require them dev time which is NEVER AND I REPEAT NEVER going to happen. They have already limited resources for progressive Classic, Vanilla SoD and Retail.
It would just be Wrath Era. No new content. Just lich king with 30% until your heart stops beating.

See you in a few years grandpa.
Plain and simple: Wrath Era is not planned. You repeatedly posting (and necroing) that you want them is not changing anything. Blizzard sees you as sub number. You are a 1. Regardless of how much you spam in the forums. A big mass has to do it.

1 Like

Funny thing is rehmi, I am not playing the classic options right now. Because I don’t like them. I want permanent wrath classic options. End of story.

At the same time, you can’t say you don’t understand my posts when you never read them. And you litteraly stated that you don’t read them. So how can you even try to understand what you don’t read. Or the “essay posts” as you put them.

So don’t sit there and tell me that my posts don’t make any sense when you don’t even read them.

And I personally disagree. Wrath was the true museum where everything was near perfection. Vanilla had alot of broken things. But wrath did to. I would love to see wrath classic have all the options vanilla has currently.

At the same time, you have made hundreds of posts to. All claiming the same thing. If you can do it, I can to. I will keep making hundreds of posts as to why wrath classic should be a permanent options. And you can keep posting whatever you post. Like it won’t happen, and all this other nonsense.

1 Like

I read some at the start. They were all simply put trash and gave up. I don’t know what your rant is in the last 80 posts but the few I read were just pointless.

The ones I read made no sense. The two you wrote here just showed me again why you have no real arguments.

Nothing about Wrath is perfection. Literally nothing. It sits in a very awkward position of having the old gameplay and being somewhat a modern mmo.
The class balancing is not good. Half of the specs are not playable in either pve or pvp. Some specs are not even good at all.
The raids are very mediocre. It has the two worst raid tiers in wows history while having two very good raid tiers.
Pvp scene is almost entirely dead.
Dungeons are a complete was of time (in OG ofc).
Wrath is only redeemed by its lore - lich king is great.

And yes you’re right vanilla has many issues but thats what makes it vanilla. It didn’t try to be what we call modern mmo now. It has bad balance, tons of bugs and no coherent lore but thats what makes the game so memorable and worth keeping.

Actually no. I’m not writing an essay on how much I don’t want Wrath. I’m exposing and point fingers on people like you who either lie about a lot of things (not in your case) or can’t cope with reality.

How can you say claiming the same thing when you said that I’m claiming that I don’t want Wrath servers at all.
You’re just inventing stuff at this point.

Thats not nonsense brother. Its literally what this company said lol

He’s never going to unsub, btw. If he did he wouldn’t be able to spam bump the same 3-4 Wrath Era threads that he lives in. And where a handful of people (like myself) try to get him to snap back to reality. But that’s grown tiresome. I’ve had enough of it anyway.

4 Likes
Quote responses to Mktaar

Playing WotLK alone would be a horrible experience as you’d never be able to do group content and it honestly sounds like that there’d be nothing to do as a solo.

Yes but it’s the question of player retention, how long will those players actually play before they stop playing for weeks/months at a time. How long until the AH is barely functioning or how long it’ll take until the last raid is done.

We have SoD, Hardcore and Era currently.
SoM servers are now SoD servers.

I don’t think them adding Hardcore to WotLK is a good idea, there’s always the addon for it no need for a server.

SoM is pretty much nothing new

WotLK SoD is never going to happen, or at least not for a long time. There’s simply no way that Blizzard would spare the resources to have devs spend time on WotLK SoD while they’re working on Classic SoD, Cataclysm and Retail. There’s no way that they’d spread their workforce so thin.

SoM and Hardcore had no changes, or at least no significant changes.

I am curious are you going to post about WotLK era servers once Cataclysm is here?

We were only promised Classic Era servers, “Experience the world before the Cataclysm” is or was the tagline and they delieverd. They gave us Classic which lead to Classic Era and we can now experience what Azeroth was like before the Cataclysm. Them making Classic Era servers was their promise to us, the players.

TBC didn’t get an Era server so it was obvious at that point that they’re done with Era servers and that they don’t want to incur the increased server cost no matter how much or how little it was. That as an MMO having less options is better, that people don’t want a forever server because they don’t want to play the same game forever, that they need and incentive to play, which is why SoM/D exists.

When people were using the Hardcore addon in Classic Era servers people started playing Classic Era again after the servers were dead for months and months at that point. The players found something “new”, something worth going back to Classic Era for but the issue with the addon was that it was impacting both the old players returning and the new players checking things out. It impacted the AH, impacted player interactions and it impacted grouping for dungeons so, Blizzard made a Hardcore server. Having a Hardcore server for WotLK makes no sense, there’s little no people doing hardcore WotLK, I think I recall one person saying that their raid does or did it at some point but a server shouldn’t be made for a raids worth of people.

They’ve stated that there’s currently no plans for a WotLK Era server and that they’re looking at our feedback so who knows, maybe they do add WotLK Era servers, would honestly be unfair to those that want TBC Era servers and I 100% don’t see them doing both at the same time let alone one for every expansion after but who knows, maybe they’ll change their mind, I honestly think they won’t but who knows.

2 Likes

Well, none of your posts make any bloody sense to me either remhi. So I think it is time we ignore each other then. And agree to disagree. Because I have read your posts to. And none of your posts are worth any grain of salt in my op either.

Yes those are the key words. No plans for wrath classic currently. It isn’t a definitive no or yes. I am just hoping that they change their minds. Some of us just want to be left alone on our respective servers. I just want to be on forever permanent wrath classic.

1 Like

At this point, I’d rather have the option to transfer my characters to retail than be forced to abandon my classic account or play Cata.

Well, I mean I already have all my toons in retail. So I wouldn’t need to do that. I just want to clone my toons I have right now under the classic game to a permanent wrath classic era realm.

Because wrath was kind of the pinnacle of wow before it got standardized to such an extreme degree. And I want that wrath classic experience for life.

1 Like

Reality makes no sense? Okay if so… good luck outside.
If you can’t accept that people try to snap you back to reality then its up to you and there is nothing we can do about it

Was it though? Classic Era is active now.

I think that I was like a lot of players back then. When TBC launched, my plan was to progress my characters as far as possible so that I would get a double benefit of having solid characters ready for WotLK and progressed characters for TBC Era. Spending time on Classic Era at the time didn’t make much sense because further progression there would no longer carry on to future expansions. I could always return to Classic Era in the future when I was done with the Classic progression servers.

Unfortunately, my plan went awry when they didn’t offer TBC Era. I figured surely they will offer WotLK Era servers. Since they are not, I am back on Classic Era and enjoying myself.

These Classic progression servers will lose steam. Players will drop off as the game advances to less “Classic WoW-like” expansions. Blizzard will eventually return to original three versions in some capacity.

Will Era servers eventually happen for TBC and WotLK? Very likely. When it does, I hope they preserved our progress with our original characters rather than having us reroll fresh toons for it.

1 Like