Paid option to 'bank' our Wrath era characters? Please

Already ‘did it’ in retail. The point being Wrath is the final expansion with original vanilla world included.

Yes I do to. I want permanent wrath classic server options to. And will continue posting until it happens lol.

And how do you know what they are and are not going to do lol. I on the otherhand will continue to post until permanent wrath classic servers get made. And I really don’t care what you or the other anti wrath classic blokes have to say.

Many baby turtles die on the beach before they make it to water, just like baby WOTLKC players. I wish it wasn’t so, but that’s nature.

OS 3 drakes up was really fun, probably among the best boss fights in WOTLK when current.

There’s no need to psycho-analyze him, Cata is not popular for many reasons and his opinion really has nothing to do with Blizzard. I doubt he’d play a Cata Private Server either.

Sir/Ma’am, this is a Classic forum. Many people don’t consider Cata to be part of the Classic Trilogy. He’s on his land.

1 Like

Do you not think they had a meeting or two discussing the possibility of Wrath perma servers?

2 Likes

I feel like blizzard probably did. But right now, they don’t have plans for permanent wrath classic currently. Which isn’t a definitive answer. Not a straight up yes or no. Hoping they do give a definitive yes soon though.

1 Like

Luckily Classic Era will always offer the original world. Unlike what happened the first time around. When it was gone…it was gone.

2 Likes

I myself don’t hate cataclysm classic. But I also want wrath classic as a permanent option. I should be allowed to have both.

Like I loved cataclysm when it was out. But it took alot of things away that I liked in wrath. And I am not a big fan on SOM or classic plus. But I will be more hyped for cataclysm classic if permanent wrath classic server options are given.

1 Like

Looking at the petitions and threads, I estimate the server would have at best one thousand members. Most of those would also be playing Cata and/or current so it would be a ghost town.

1 Like

I’m diabetic and very careful about how much sugar I eat. It’s extremely difficult to find pasta sauce with no sugar added. But I found one brand that I liked with no sugar added. After using that particular type of Ragu pasta sauce for years they discontinued it. Apparently that particular type of sauce wasn’t selling enough or so I guessed. I was disappointed, I wished they still sold that type of pasta sauce. But at no time did I think I should be allowed to have that sauce, that Ragu should continue to make a pasta sauce just for me that wasn’t a big enough seller for them to make a sufficient profit. I guess that’s just me and how I understand market forces.

2 Likes

Mktaar never stops with his monologue :roll_eyes:

Correct but the handful of pro-wrath players ignore that fact. Apparently for them an mmo is about having dead single player game

1 Like

If even 10 people cancel their subs to go play on Warmane, that’s 1800 dollars Blizzard has lost in a year. Chump change to be sure, but surely worth the server costs. We all know there will be more people than 10 feel strongly about WOTLK Era servers.

I think it will certainly not be as good as people hope, at least not initially, but better than losing it to a competitor. It would be like your pasta sauce company paying a penny to produce each can and a dollar to shelve it and selling it at 5 while another company does the same but sells it for 7. Is it really worth exiting the market because it doesn’t sell as well as other products?

WOTLKC isn’t exactly that server intensive, there are low revenue companies running MMOs on maintenance mode, Blizzard can do the same for the 100 people playing Wrath Era as they will probably partake in other Blizzard products as well if their primary purchase of interest is available.

1 Like

How much time do you think a dev would have to spend, on average, every week to maintain a wrath era server? An hour? 5 hours? 10 minutes?

The average game dev makes $90,000 a year. With the employee contribution to SS and Medicare it cost the company about $100,000 a year, plus the cost of health insurance and any employee matching contributions to 401k etc. To break even, at just $100,000 a year with $1800 coming in the dev would have less than one hour a week to spend on the wrath server. just 40 minutes. And that doesn’t include the cost of health insurance or the hardware costs. If we add in the cost for health insurance and other sundries the dev would likely only get to spend less than 25 minutes a week to break even. And that would have to include CS. Blizzard isn’t a non profit. It’s a for profit company that has to make a profit for the owners of the company. Where does the profit come from?

1 Like

I’m talking about the server space, obviously there wouldn’t be a full salaried employee dedicated to WOTLK alone. 1800 more than covers the server costs, the actual number of players cover spending some time maintaining it along with other people maintaining the Classic realms (Era, TBC, WOTLK, etc.).

WOTLK Era wouldn’t be like now, it would consist likely of 3 servers max.

People love to oversimplify what it costs to run a major corporation/game studio and then turn around and think that these same companies should just do things for free or out of the kindness of their hearts or because ya know that is what big business does… they are in it to lose money.

1 Like

1800 does not even remotely cover the server costs and all other associated server costs. Yea if you want to stand up an Ebay’d 10 y/o server in your mom’s basement that will cover the server costs and a few extra things but not much.

1 Like

lol I don’t think anyone is sitting here saying WOTLK Classic should be free. Whatever man if you guys want to sit there and think losing WOTLK players because they can’t be bothered to set up some cheap servers (that don’t cost 10’s of thousands of dollars by any realistic metric) is a good business decision that’s fine go ahead

Companies do not setup cheap servers. They have specific hardware, software and other protocols they follow otherwise it become very difficult to keep up with too many different “cheap” servers.

You are just being unrealistic.

1 Like

It was a flop in TBC/Classic. They have already stated its not happening. A handful of forum warriors clamoring for it on 8 different toons isn’t going to make it viable all of a sudden.

There are questions that no one seems to talk about other than money. 1. Probably only enough people for one server so a. where do you locate server b. PVP or PVE, for most participation I think PVE 2. people will have to concede that their toon will be forever stuck here, unable to transfer to Cata or SOD 3. eventually server will go single faction, people will have to pay for faction transfer or not be able to play that toon. There are always complaints when having to pay, but this is a player made problem so no free transfer in my opinion

1 Like