Paid option to 'bank' our Wrath era characters? Please

It’s really not. I had a blast in original Cataclysm.

That said, I am not happy with Blizzard’s approach of not creating Era servers.

4 Likes

It’s one of those “iykyk” moments right there.

I actually find cataclysm to be a much better expansion than Wrath.

Tier 7 - snooze copy-pasta.
Tier 8 - was only hyped because in OG it lasted too short, so people THOUGHT it was good. They didn’t get a chance to get tired of it.
Tier 9 - mega dungeon.
Tier 10 - good.

Tier 11 - Good
Tier 12 - great. One of the most loved tiers ever.
Half of Tier 13 is very fun. Some boss fights are boring, but not much more than Ulduar.

World Revamp? That’s purely subjective/personal take.
I find world revamp to be superior. Revamp to quest zones made it a lot easier and enjoyable to follow the lore, rather than jumping between 4 zones like a grass hopper, completely fracturing story telling.

With the introduction of Trahsmog, It enhanced ROLE PLAYING aspect of the game significantly

To top it off

• Old content suddenly became a lot more relevant.
  • We went back to azeroth, instead of some new continent.
  • Game mechanics became a lot more advanced, including boss encounters and it was no longer dumb tank’n’spank for leveling.
  • Class rotations became a lot smoother with a lot of necessary changes.
  • A lot of annoying gimmicks were gone (at the time, per players’ request mind you)

Cataclysm follows a nearly identical design formula to Wrath. Even to the point of getting VoA 2.0 and same reputation enchants structure/sources.

Some of you, cata haters, having a really hard time acknowledging that others might like different things. Your ego really needs to be checked.

6 Likes

My issue with the revamp is simply removing content permanently. I dislike when they do that (old Azeroth, old Naxx, mage tower, etc.). That concern is lessened, at least for Azeroth, because we can always play Classic Era to enjoy that content.

In terms of the revamp content, it is certainly fine. The bigger issue during these latter expansions is how they trivialize the levelling experience with over-powered heirlooms and outlevelling story arcs.

1 Like

I think the idea of people bashing cataclysm solely for world revamp was also quite exaggerated and spun out of control.

Some may have felt weird about it. But I strongly doubt people have actually quit the game, because Westfall has a tornado in it now.

Wrath was THE HYPE at that time. Every game has it’s peaks. 2012-2015 were GREAT years for gaming. Due to hype around it, people jumped on it. Played for a year and then quit, because the didn’t like the game as a whole.

WoW has always been a very demanding and high skill cap game. It’s not for everyone. My wife plays silly train track building puzzle games and even Cities Skylines1/2 feel way too complex for her liking. She’d never like WOW. She’s watched me play and she got no idea what is even going on on my screen

It’s not a new concept in games, applications, tools to get rid of things. Even Windows 7 is no longer officially supported by Microsoft. Old UIs go away and replaced by more modern ones.

But no one is like “im going to swap to Linux because Windows 10 now has different Folder outline

Some nitpick things to blame. They just need a scapegoat. And others jump on the hate train just to appeal to the masses and blend in.

Look at SoD right now. Godforbid you say ANYTHING bad about SoD on reddit or here on forums. Reddit downvotes anything remotely negative to an oblivion just to hide those comments.

6 Likes

Those were my mythic days.

These hands helped them previously but if they don’t stay in that stupid water they’re going to catch these hands.

It’s a good thing I posted an OPINION and not information.

Difficulty isn’t decided by “data” alone, especially data without context. That’s at best, an incredibly irresponsible misuse of statistics.

If you want to say that the content was difficult for you, you can say that. There’s no need to project your struggles onto everyone else.

Are you comparing clearing Ulduar in 2024 to being an MLB pitcher? Do you not see how this comparison is fallacious?

You’re one of the few in the forums that give me hope that Classic players have some braincells. Thanks for your service.

2 Likes

Blizz put unlimited boosts now in Wrath Classic. The leveling experience means nothing. And Wrath has heirlooms too.

2 Likes

I 100% agree. People act like the revamp was the only place they quested or did any content. You were there to quest for “x” time and moved on and I am going to assume most are like me that once they left Westfall it was very rare they returned.

I think it was an excuse.

2 Likes

Wrath really isn’t that amazing lol. It’s a raid log expansion. The outcry for classic was so much higher and louder than for Wrath Era, obviously Blizz wasn’t going to go for it lol. You’re actually delusional. With Cata lasting less time than it originally did. It playing very similarly to Wrath with some QoL updates and better overall game mechanics, and more dailies, better leveling, and endgame content, it’ll be more populated than Wrath.

4 Likes

You can say that people like bashing cataclysm because they like bashing stuff. But you would be wrong people do like bashing good but unpolished games but they also like to bash bad games. Cata is the latter and we will see that later this quarter.

6 Likes

I mean would say stay at 80 for the twinking gear won’t become worthless in an expansion which fewer people will play as time goes on.

The difference between you & I is that I don’t seek validation from anyone.

Having folks that like Cataclysm makes you feel uneasy. Almost as if you’re getting attacked. You don’t like it. You get defensive. You get even aggressive in your comments.

I don’t really care if you like Cataclysm. Please, if you quit, there will be 1 less sceptic around here. All players like you do is bash Blizzard.

It’s not right. It’s not fair.
Thus far, they have done an amazing job. And I will take every opportunity to express my gratitude to the Dev team. But you will every chance to bash them.

Really begs to question, "Why are you still here?

CATA HYPE CATA HYPE CATA HYPE

5 Likes

He’s not going to quit. All these people saying they’re going to will be right there in Cata, or SoD, or Retail. Blizz knows it, too.

3 Likes

No dont be stupid I know its hard for you but I am in the vanilla setting and the cata fans are threatened and triggered at possible stronger expansions and lets be real any of the three before it and two of the ones after it are stronger.

Cata will live to expectation of being nothing stay salty.

6 Likes

Yes, Wrath had heirlooms but Cata adds coverage to more slots and more cumulative XP bonuses.

Historically, the levelling experience began to really get butchered and unfun about this time. It was somewhat addressed in retail where you get to choose the old expansion you wish to level up in.

Not really. There weren’t boosts until WoD, so people were still leveling. Cata streamlined the 1-60 experience. Didn’t really do anything to Outland and Northrend. I enjoyed the 80-85 Cata leveling. Only time you could fly right from the start.

Contrast that to Classic. They destroyed leveling in TBC Classic with unlimited boosts. Then in Wrath they did limit it to 1 boost with the Deluxe Edition (until like a few months ago when they removed that limit). But they gave everyone a free DK.

Basically what they did was open the floodgates to Retail players who can’t be bothered to level, and Bots. So leveling is already ruined in Classic. The progressive server anyway. You can always play Era, but a Wrath Era will have the boost so people will just buy that.

2 Likes

cringe people saying “real classic players” need to go touch grass

2 Likes

100% this. They are empty threats, they know it, Blizzard knows it and the rest of us do as well.

1 Like

I mean, warrior with AQ gear and Arathi Tabard. Trust us, we all know you only want to live in 1-60.

Which begs the question, if you really don’t feel threatened, why are you on the LKC forums talking about cata? Don’t you have more nature res gear to go farm on your 4th warrior alt?

You can’t say you’re not threatened but cope this hard at the same time.

4 Likes