[Pacific Northwest] You have been disconnected. (WOW51900328)

@Caracella Yeah, still having issues. I tried reinstalling in a fit of desperation, but now it won’t even install properly, just gets stuck in a loop of “scanning” to “repair”, going pfffbtht at the “repair” part, and restarting the scan ad infinitum.

Summarizing current solutions:

1. Use your cell phone’s hotspot.
  2. Use a VPN to reroute your network path. Someone above recommended Proto VPN. It works for me.

I tried reinstalling it also. Install went ok but still can’t login. I don’t know what else to try. I guess I just gotta wait it out and see. Thinking of just going on another server and creating a new alt just to be able to play. See if I can even do that.

Can one computer use a VPN w/o affecting other computers on the network? I don’t know about VPNs

It should affect your computer only, at least to what I know.

Still happening here as well, since about 11 PM Tuesday. Wave, Olympic Peninsula, WA. Wave appears to be aware of the problem, based on a tweet yesterday, but has given no further information since.

1 Like

I can connect to some realms but not all of them.

Yes you can use a VPN on one computer [though you can have one for a router, you should not need to do that]. A warning though, most places [including blizzard] will detect the change in your access, and flag you as potential security problem then make you go through a verification process. Wow did this, then my email I use on wow did this, then the email for that email did it, and ultimately to my phone, to fix gmail, to fix yahoo mail, to fix wow. A little weird, so just a warning, other sites will do the same twitter, etc…

On a side note I hit up astound @wave on twitter and despite someone saying they are aware of it, i see no such acknowledgement there. They open in like 15 minutes or so, but if you have a different ISP, I recommend a public call out like twitter rather than talking to level 1 techs on the phone. I work for a large ISP and I can tell you for work i sometimes hang up on them and call someone else to see if I can get something done, its not a long term job for most of them and rumor is anyone with skills gets to go to the credit card companies so you have the dregs.

It was very vague, and may or may not have related to this specific problem. https://twitter.com/waveconnects/status/1532110994071248896?s=21&t=AucD3uR1DzllNcGBucUGbg

I live in a group home. I tried to google and see if I use a vpn on my computer will it affect any others on the network. Can someone help me I am wanting to get to play the game this is really getting frustrating.

yep same story different day. i raided last night no problems. today on my day off i try and log in and get the WOW51900328 error code. so i uninstall everything to include all addons. Reinstall just the game twice to only keep getting the same error. i sent in a help ticket will see how long it takes to fix my issue and i will update this site as what happened

Having same issue, started yesterday and I have support ticket open with no response. Weird thing is I can log into another account and other servers, just not my main account on a specific server.

A vpn only affects your personal computer.

Posting a bit of research on this.

This appears to be an upstream issue in the North West. My ISP is Hunter Communications using routing equipment through Charter Spectrum. My neighbor who also has Hunter Communications is unaffected by this even though we go through the same switch connected to the back of our apartment. A traceroute shows us both following the same path to Blizzard servers.

The key difference is that I have a static IP assigned from Hunter. I’ve been able to isolate the issue only to the static IP. If I switch to DHCP, my neighbor’s internet, or use a VPN to switch up my routing from my ISP to Blizzard’s servers I have no issues and connect fine.

All of this means that this is likely an upstream provider issue above consumer ISPs that is messing with the traffic from our local ISPs to Blizzard servers.

1 Like

Me too, WA state also. On Ravencrest…east coast server. Sigh. Thanks for posting.

Same here. Located in OR. Trying to connect to Benediction (east coast server). I’ve done everything with firewall proxy, removing corrupted addons, etc. No bueno. Any update with Blizz fixing this known issue?

Some of us don’t really understand how VPNs work and I get that, I bit the bullet and downloaded a free VPN thinking I would have to do some insane setup or thinking it would affect my household but it’s actually kind of easy and only took 5 minutes, I wouldn’t look at this a permanent solution though because it does have alot of drawback such as doubling or tripling your ingame ping depending on the VPN you’re using.

A VPN or Virtual Private Network, should not affect those around you, just the device you downloaded it on, I downloaded proton VPN and it allows me to connect but it boosted my standard in game ping from 30 to 150 it’s as easy as making an account, you can use a throwaway email if you wanted too and downloaded it, it went through the standard installation wizard and that was it, you could just open the app and use it.

And if you’re unsure about it and just want a safe drawback you can uninstall it by going into “add or remove programs” and just get rid of it entirely.

As I said this should not be a permanent fix but it will allow you to play the game until this issue is actually resolved, other than that I have found no other way to get this fixed.

In CA on San Bruno Cable and having the same issues :frowning: Its my only day without kids this morning sighhh

It isn’t really on Blizzard to fix. It’s a routing issue with upstream ISP providers. I’ve talked to a few of them in my area and it seems to be a known issue they are working on, but it’s essentially out of Blizzard’s hands.

Your best bet would be a VPN as Velisity mentioned. I would caution against “Free” VPNs as they may do some shady stuff with your connections. Some research is suggested before letting a free VPN in your network. Your best bet is a free trial of a premium paid VPN until this blows over.

Bit the bullet and downloaded a VPN (Free Version)

Currently I’m in WoW and no more issues. Previously I was WoW stranded with my WAVE account in WA. Not sure what you all want to do but I’m going to delve into a dungeon, perhaps a raid or ten.

Cheers!