[Pacific Northwest] You have been disconnected. (WOW51900328)

I submitted a ticket yesterday and received a reply today that it’s the ISP issue.

They also advised the following:
The best recommendation I can make is to launch the Wow.exe directly from your files to bypass the connection issue you may be running into issues with.

You can find your install directory by selecting World of Warcraft in the Battlenet application, click the Gear Icon next to the Play button, select Show in Explorer, select Retail, and finally launch the game via the Wow.exe program."

I tried this, and met the same disconnect issue/error.

I’m getting a bit beyond annoyed here honestly. I don’t trust free VPNs, so I guess I’ll have to buy a VPN to play a game I already pay for?

This is after I have done all possible troubleshooting up to and including uninstalling WoW and Battle.net -twice- yesterday.

This is getting ridiculous.

Good to see someone from the peninsula :slight_smile: Where abouts are you? I’m in Port Hadlock

this worked!! thank you!!

I’m in ‘sunny’ (not this spring :stuck_out_tongue:) Sequim!
Yet another of the many Wave/Astound victims. I last played Tuesday night and finished the new quest for a new look that can only be seen here! Sadly…

1 Like

I haven’t been able to connect to TBC since after the Tuesday patch. But for some reason I can connect to retail just fine. :frowning:

Update: Just got off the phone with Astound Broadband and anyone who has them as an internet provider will not have access to gaming. This is a known issue throughout all of California, Washington, and Oregon with no ETA when it will be repaired as of yet.

2 Likes

Bless you. Learning as we go. I just got off the phone with Astound Broadband and they indeed confirmed it’s a known issue throughout all of California, Washington, and Oregon with no ETA in sight. =/

Are you attempting to connect to an east coast realm from a west coast location? Seems to be the underlying issue regarding classic connectivity :confused:

Yeah I think my main server is EST (Pagle), but I can’t even stop the login process to change servers or get to the server select screen.

Thats in washington right? Im by Pacifica and Skyline college here

1 Like

I just spoke with an ‘astoundingly’ patronizing Wave tech who said there was nothing to indicate there was a problem. So I downloaded Proto VPN and I’m in!

Close enough that I could meet you for a beer in about 10 minutes. I was at Ferino’s for dinner a couple nights ago. Feel free to DM me on Twitter if you’d like.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue but connecting to retail eastern servers. Washington area and I have fiber optics, it all started after the update Tuesday night / Wednesday morning.

I have to go all the way to Sequim for teriyaki!

Can confirm Proton VPN is an easy workaround.

Absolutely bollocks having to pay for another service simply to use WoW after the Tuesday night update. Do some quality assessment before pushing updates and gaslighting your customers telling us its our fault. Absurd.

2 Likes

Thank you! I tried this and it does indeed work for me.

What I don’t understand is, how can Blizzard blame our ISP when this is an issue we all immediately started having after the patch? Are they trying to say that our ISP’s ALSO suddenly made a change that caused us to not be able to access WoW servers? I think not. Whatever is blocking us from accessing was already there. It’s just likely that Blizzard made some change on their end to server connection that wasn’t a problem for us until now.

How can they seriously blame an entire region’s connection issue to only THEIR game on the ISP? It’s not just Wave, either, as some others have reported here.

2 Likes

Because (a) it’s not just WoW (I can’t connect to Diablo Immortal, either, and other Wave customers have reported problems with other games, and some have reported total outage), and (b) Wave appears to be the common denominator we all have in common (or at least an upstream provider that Wave uses). I played with the new patch successfully until 11 PM Tuesday night, as well.

It seems to be a Wave problem that started, coincidentally, several hours after the patch was released.

2 Likes

Mine’s still down, too.

Blizzard just not gonna do anything for us? Not figure out a work around not give us an update not contact any isp? Been pretty lack luster response on their end.