P2 will cause servers to die

Allow me to repeat the answer alliance gave to horde when they complained about PvP. “Reroll then bro nothing is stopping you”

3 Likes

I’d bet gold won’t happen. Bene will still be a great server.

Well Wushinom particularly wants this scenario to come about, I suppose he can have his fun for the brief minute that he is able to camp Horde without retaliation.

Open PvP servers always attract the griefing, immature and/or sociopathic personality types in great abundance, so it never ends well, regardless. It’s like willingly moving into a neighborhood/region that has “Purge” (referencing the movie) rules in effect 24/7/365. Who is surprised that complete chaos ensues?

1 Like

Ok Freud calm down and drink your apple juice.

2 Likes

LOL

Yeah saw that already. Just some little zug crying his eyes out.

It really didn’t. Mega one faction servers were basically a thing going into tbc

I agree with you about the overall issues. Earthfury is also just one of a string of servers. I would be shocked if almost every PVP server isn’t 99% or totally dead within a few months time. That 99% definitely includes Benediction (it’s strange that people transfer there as ally right now and think that the horde will stay there… all things considered).

At this point, my plan is to wait and see if any server will offer any sort of a World PVP experience in around 6 months when things stabilize (I’ll gank with an ally on Earthfury for now too). If something does I’ll roll something on the outnumbered side. If not well, I’ll be down to one raid logging account or maybe raid logging plus fresh Classic.

A lot of the people responding do not care because they are pure PVE server players and they don’t even lIke World PVP or any PVP really. Who knows why they are in the thread. I do not personally in any way regret rolling on a PVP server. I would have had a DRASTICALLY less fun time up until now had I rolled on a dull and boring PVE server at the start. So even if everything falls apart now and my server becomes just as dull and boring the good times were worth it.

Blizzard had all of classic and up until now to unlock PVE to PVP transfers. But they still haven’t done it. At this point it’ll be too little too late even if they do it. Most of what’s left on dying minorities is going to be abandoning ship with P2 I am sure. Every PVP realm is basically going to be PVE, making me wonder why PVP was hosted in the first place.

I’m glad I didn’t go PVP. I already learned all the lessons in the past, and did not trust anyone to do anything about them here. I was often mocked as a coward or some such crap; but I’m not the one suffering on my minority faction, am I? We can play just fine. The scumbag alliance majority we have can’t do much to us beyond hogging zone buffs and world bosses.

it IS an internet forum
what did you expect ?

IIRC it wasn’t til the end of Wrath when there were a lot of one faction servers.

It increased then, but most of the old original vanilla servers were one faction dominant.

Well put gold on it then, if you’re so confident

Honestly don’t see TK being that much of an issue with flying mounts, but CR seems like it’s going to be bad

people will take SSC as a template for the isle of Quel’danas
so yeah , every major pvp server will turn into PvE within weeks of p2
not even a matter of IF
only when

1 Like

Good? Pvp servers are a meme and this was inevitable. Factions are a joke and pvp servers with a faction system is the biggest joke

3 Likes

They were going to camp them no matter what. Just look at the entrance to Kara or Gruuls.

Rolling on a pvp server, especially ones that were balanced and then ruined by free transfers, or coordinated transfers that could not have been for seen isn’t a reason to be ok with being outnumbered 10-1 and shut out from 50-60% of the game.

PvP server problems. Just turn them into PvE servers and it will all be gg.

You jest but it’s probably coming