P2 will cause servers to die

Title

It will basically be Classic Vanilla p2 all over again. The bottleneck caused by the Coilfang Resevoir dungeon area, in addition to guilds possibly camping the TK graveyard with its instant rez if you die for any reason inside of TK, will ensure that many minority factions on larger servers die off. To a smaller extent I reckon that daily quest hubs will also be pretty competitive as they were in OG TBC, but I doubt this will be the main reason that some servers will die. Benediction Horde and Earthfury Alliance will be the first to die, though I could see it also negatively affecting other large servers like Faerlina, Whitemane or even Grobbulus.

And Blizz will do nothing, as usual.

12 Likes

Sounds like pvp will happen on a pvp server

61 Likes

Oh no, not PvP on PvP servers! The humanity.

25 Likes

You two are missing the point. The fact that servers are much larger than they used to be, along with egregious faction imbalances existing, create a problem where entire factions will abandon a server if they can’t raid. And then there is no world pvp and pvp servers become effectively one faction pve servers.

13 Likes

You mean like the exact same thing that happened in retail?

Say it isnt so!

14 Likes

I really dont know what people expected from rolling on a PvP server if it wasn’t PvP. You had other options.

The real irony is that any people that were on the fence about camping raid entrances just gain more motivation to do so from threads like these.

5 Likes

Youre my new best friend for informing me of this. I know what me n the bois are gonna do.

13 Likes

Case in point!

4 Likes

Hmm I play on a PvE server, weird how that works lol

8 Likes

It took a long time for retail to get to that state. Its happening much faster this time around, due to megaservers and the like.

Perhaps warmode and CRZ is the way, but as someone who likes servers with actual communities and for pvp to not be something you can flick on or off its not ideal.

2 Likes

Great news! That option is available! … on PvE servers.

11 Likes

You’re chuggin soy. I loved P2 and I played alliance. Stop trying to avoid PVP.

7 Likes

I see that I am already dealing with trolls and idiots. Enjoy your one faction pvp err pve servers.

2 Likes

Nah man. Not everyone feels the same way you do. Nothing needs to be done.

3 Likes

Also you play on DD, one of the lowest pop servers. You’re really QQing for no reason at all.

Yes, i get to sit back and munch popcorn on my low pop server while high pop servers destroy themselves.

And after they do I will say, “I told you so.”

I’ll revisit this thread in two weeks to do so.

1 Like

Whatever man. Not everyone wants to play Ken and Barbie with their wifes boyfriend. Some of us want to wipe enemy raids and then go into the raid.

7 Likes

Have you tried not wiping?

And not all of us want to be apart of a toxic megaserver, of which you exemplify. Just don’t start complaining if your server goes down the route of Incendius and dies because people can’t form groups or do anything after driving most people off the server.

No, thats disgusting. Nobody wants a non wiper with a stinking butt walking around.