Overwolf is a cancer we cannot allow in Wow

They didn’t change their name, echo=/=method.

Echo is a guild made up of ex method raiders yes, but method is still method.

And I’m saying it has nothing to do with RMT. Look into the actual reasons. Children. Adults. Mingling.

I don’t know man, I’m getting ready to go out and don’t care enough about the subject. But I’ve seen people talking about alternative addon managers in more than one occasion and I’m a programmer so I know how easy it is to make an addon library api.

You keep using the term corporate shilling, you sound like a communist. What would that even mean?

All the managers use the curse api, which is what is been threatened about shutting them out of.

No other good site exists for wow addons, the rest are limited extremely compared to CF.

Then why did you make the claim ? Ordinary people, when they “don’t know man”, they tend to shut up.

Uh ? What does not liking people toeing the corporate line have to do with state ownership of the means of production ?

Sure, but I still think I’m right on this.

No idea what toeing the corporate line is. And I mentioned communism because I deal with them on the regular basis and they are obsessed with corporations.

Twitch is working to install addons. May I continue using twitch?

After October 20th, Overwolf will take over.

not after nov something, they’re shutting it down.

is it oct its shutting down for the twitch side?

Except you’re completely wrong. 90% of all addons are on Curse and nowhere else.

Toeing the corporate line is what you do : when a corporation does something, regardless if it is ethical or even moral, you defend them.

Oligopolies and Monopolies (like we have in media and on the Internet) are harmful to market economies which are the very basis of capitalism.

A company gaining to much power and then leveraging that power to gain even more control over the rest of the market (which is what Overwolf is doing here) is very very harmful to Capitalism and the free markets.

It has nothing to do with Communism.

1 Like

I think so?

There’s probably an overlap before November, honestly, but I remember Overwolf saying they were explicitly taking over come October 20th.

Not Blizzards problem nor fault. Blizzard doesn’t support 3rd party addons. Use at your own risk. Blizzard can’t “ban” a 3rd party company.

They can, if the third-party companies are violating Blizzard’s ToS and WoW’s EULA (specifically, the direct monetization of addons).

Which Overwolf is debatably doing with this move they’re making.

Yet Blizzard with its resources could have found a way to internally curate addons and ensure that they were free of malware / met guidelines.

Seeing how much of their game is built around the use of add-ons, a 3rd party forcely gaining control over the add-on catalog and placing it behind a paywall will hurt Blizzard’s business.

If anything, this is 2020, all major software vendors with a plugin architecture now run their own plugin marketplace. Time for Blizzard to stop depending on 3rd parties for that crucial infrastructure that exposes their customers to getting their data stolen, and their computers filled with malware.

1 Like

I posted absolutely no false information.

Then transfer them to somewhere else.

Yeah if you see my posting pattern you will realize that I don’t do that

Ok so there is absolutely no way I’m going to get into a discussion like this with you right now. I’ll just say you are 100% wrong and point you toward a book called “Man, Economy and State” by Murray Rothbard.

What Overwolf is doing isn’t any different than the curse client before twitch.

Why would the developers do that? They’re getting paid on CF. If OW isn’t lying about it, they’d be getting paid even more under OW.