Overwolf is a cancer we cannot allow in Wow

Anti-malware barely worked anyway and has devolved into near-malware itself. There’s been several documented instances of anti-virus and anti-malware software actually making peoples’ computers less secure than they started.

1 Like

That’s my plan.

Some of mine will be redundant in prepatch anyway. Some Will be redundant in SL.

It’ll be fine. I got a few(jamba, hydra, a tab target fix I made) that are even redundant now.

The only other option will be to go to websites one by one and manual install add-ons. :man_shrugging:

Welcome to 2005!

I remember editing toc numbers manually so damn things would work after a patch.

You’re so flabbergasted at that part of the comment, you ignored the other parts of my comment and just have to focused in that. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Well since you’ve asked, allow me to explain what is going though my head when i said that made you apparently flabbergasted.

I hear this sort of thing all the time like “Oh i don’t want it to feel like work or my job, i just want to come home and just play”, i honestly don’t get that line of reasoning, that you associate tediousness with your job/working or as you put it “irl”. I deal with irl all the time whenever i need to clean, stock/organize something or occasionally talk to people that needs help with something, because the jobs i had before were cleaning, stocking shelves and worked a bit in the backrooms, where the inventory was. It was tiring, but never i had that thought whenever i’m wiping stuff or doing any of that at home, infact, i don’t honestly mind it at home, especially when i do it out of my own volition. It’s not enjoyable by any means, but i don’t mind it too much. And not to drag this back to PC gaming, but if there is ever a point where playing a computer the usual way begins to feel like work, i just plug it in a TV (though i rarely do this since a monitor is enough for me at a fair distance), get a controller, lean back and just play.

Hope this makes you less flabbergasted to check out the rest of the comment i just made. :no_mouth:

To bring it back to my last comment, the second part illustrates a point of how tediousness isn’t exactly always a bad thing. To talk about cars for a moment, i mean do you not think it wasn’t tedious at all for the first car makers to make the first batch of cars? They don’t have like kind of tech to build cars like we do. Especially since cars back then weren’t perfect or up to what they are now given the tech back in it’s time. It was very tedious for them, they have to plan the car, get the materials for it, start building it together, test it, and if it doesn’t work, it might needed to be tweaked or rebuilt all over again. And that is just one car. But their tediousness has got us to where we are today, even the convenience of how to build cars now with machines.

You can understand why i said “this is UI mods, not cars” in the thrid part of my comment, because UI mods are just simply dragging and dropping files and right clicking them. You don’t even need to drag and drop individually, you select them all, drag and drop and hit extract here and it extracts all the files.

Nice to know you did not read or comprehend at all what the issue is!

The issue is that Overwolf is trying to kill the other addon managers.

Reading for 5 seconds can save you a lot of troubles <3

1 Like

I read that, and they will fail in this attempt

I mean, they can shut down access to their databases to any program but their own.

They control Curse. They won’t fail, they’ll cause lots of headaches.

Save yourself the grief this time : they’re not Blizzard, you don’t need to shill for them like you do for Blizzard.

There are others

Stop this please

Others, as in vimeo, to Curse’s, as in Youtube ?

Dude. Stop. There aren’t any other games in town, everyone right now is on Curse.

No, you stop. You always come into these threads and shill for the corporate world, and pretend actual issues are not issues, and try to brush everything away.

1 Like

Standard business practices, lookup how microsoft got its start in the industry, its a real shocker.

btw i thought wowinterface hosted the addons too.

None of us sadly has much more than our voices to try and stop this from happening. Instead of fighting each other we should be all bringing our voices together!

If enough people complain and badmouth Overwolf everywhere we may see them back off a little and allow third party managers to remain in peace.

Curse is the largest repository of addons, yes there are others but why do we need to stay quiet while Overwolf tries to bully their way in our turf?

Sadly this is true, but that does not mean we have to stay quiet about it.

3 Likes

Have you actually looked at wowinterface ?

Most addons on there are over a year old and woefully out of date.

It’s a dead site.

most addons either barely get updated on there or aren’t on there at all.

It’s a great source of compilations of addons though.

It’s mostly a compilation site now, those parts are updated consistently (like https://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/cat104.html)

I have been downloading them from curse but have started bookmarking the git repositories (where they exist) and checking wowinterface (for those that are up to date) as well.

No, the addon library service is an extremely simple one, it has no complexity to it at all. There are other addon managers that use different libraries.

No, I come into the threads to give my opinion on them, specially the doomsaying ones since they are the funniest. Since most of them are people getting very sad an angry over minor and irrelevant details then I usually just try to calm than down.

I wasn’t implying that wasn’t what got them initially. I’m saying that the idea of them just changing their name to Echo, doesn’t actually make them less scummy.

Ok, show me the competitor to Curseforge.

Which ones ? Specifically ?

Too bad you’re so misinformed on everything your opinions are always wrong and corporate shilling.

1 Like