Overwolf is a cancer we cannot allow in Wow

social media doesn’t mean anything though. you can whoop and holler till you are blue in the face and it wont impact them one bit. they are looking at their revenue, they dont care if you are upset by their actions or not.

when a bully kicks over your sandcastle, you have to punch the bully before you rebuild or he will kick it over again.

1 Like

Github is not an add-on catalog, it’s just a bunch of git repos. Not to mention most add-ons are not using a repo on Github at all.

Installing manually isn’t “hard”, but it becomes very tedious scouring the Internet, checking versions manually, and then downloading and unzipping everything, especially when you have more than just a handful of add-ons.

Let’s stop making excuses for scum.

2 Likes

My point is that angry people tend to take action, one way or another.

i disagree, i think people vent all their anger in social media and protests, and that leaves no energy left to take action to make change.

Doesn’t wowhead have it’s own addon manager as an alternative for people who don’t want overwolf?

Not yet. Overwolf’s little stunt will quickly change that though.

No .Wowhead does not do addon management or storage

Good luck convince most add-on devs to move, and a lot of add-ons don’t have active development at all and just “still work” through sheer luck.

We should all be supportive to any who do.

2 Likes

Than don’t install overwolf

There are many other addon managers

Then use another addon page

Then don’t use their library. There are others

You don’t need to

Real talk, are you legit serious at this question, or do you think making silly arguments is going to actually convince me of anything on your points.

Hey Direstorm. . You are late to the party and missed most of the points already addressed in this and last night’s thread. . But cool to drop by.

4 Likes

Hey, Dire, this ain’t Blizzard, you don’t need to shill for them.

5 Likes

Real talk, Why did you comment on this question only exactly? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Too many people not reading the thread. ><

2 Likes

Yeah. . I sadly gave up

Easier to ignore posts and repeat the same thing 50k times lol

Because I am just that flabbergasted that you actually thought it was a good idea to ask that question. Just wow.

I mean if it’s just a client then don’t use it but in the way of malware, doesn’t everyone use some sort of protection before downloading stuff? I use norton for years after 18 year old me trashed 2 computers visiting “visual entertainment” websites and getting so many viruses.

Yeah I will not be installing Overwolf. Scum bag company. I guess I will just prune down my add-ons to a handful and do it normally.

2 Likes