Overwolf destroyed one of our add-on apps

Pretty much.

I use it and have had zero problems.

4 Likes

Ovenwolf because they’re cookin our addons.

Just a heads up that the Elder Scrolls / Fallout communities over on Nexus have been fine for decades in an ecosystem where active* addon moneytization is massively discouraged. Considering Skyrim might be the poster child for game mods, that’s a sizeable point of reference for what WoW’s own ecosystem could aim towards.

*(patreons / donations are fine)

6 Likes

That Azerite UI looks really nice… So does the GW2 UI, they do some great work.

I’m just not into the ElvUI look and the overload of information it provides.

1 Like

Curse IS Overwolf.

2 Likes

Elvui tries to give you a pretty big toolbox so you can make what you want. The high customization can be seen as a downside to people that don’t want 1 million knobs to turn. I liked it but I also stopped using it so I could write my own UI so I was obviously the type of person that doesn’t mind fiddling with a bunch of settings to get my own personal version of perfection :smiley:

1 Like

A shame Overwolf does not support Windows 11 devices.

1 Like

Agreed. ElvUI is much too cluttered for my taste. I also prefer individual addons instead of one that takes control of everything.

3 Likes

I know. But some wow addon authors have managed to create ones that are all but required for playing endgame activities and now money is involved.

While there are some really great addons in Bethesda games (Hd packs, character models) for the most part I don’t believe they have to be updated as often nor is it required to run big breasted anime girl mods. Though some may disagree.

Also, they did try to monetise skyrim addons but I haven’t followed that news in a long time.

3 Likes

When you say cluttered what do you mean?

1 Like

I’m using Curseforge/Overwolf on Windows 11 just fine.

5 Likes

I am assume it have something to do with windows Insider.

I just hate the overall look of the ElvUi and that it changes everything. I prefer to change individual elements.

4 Likes

Could be. I don’t use the Windows Insider program but I upgraded to Windows 11 the day it launched and have had no problems.

1 Like

Because I don’t like their business practices implemented in the past… That is more than enough to warn me off using anything made by them.

2 Likes

Overwolf cares.

I’ve been very happy with WoWUP so far. Simple addon manager that just does its job.

6 Likes

My UI is a mix of my own design. Some say it’s busy, but I like it. Every piece of info I need is at a glance for me.

4 Likes

oh well. I will continue to use wowup for the time being. It’s pretty nice.