Overwolf destroyed one of our add-on apps

Yeah, I don’t either now that I learned my lesson the hard way. lol But I also have addons from Wowinterface and like WoWup better anyway.

That’s my fear. :frowning:

4 Likes

You can’t launch Curseforge without launching Overwolf.

4 Likes

Which incentivises addon authors to only keep their addon up to date on Curse and not on others. Though your idea on making your own might be good. Can I subscribe to the kaurmine newsletter?

1 Like

The only add on I use is DBM and I manually install it.

I feel like I am missing an opportunity to complain.

4 Likes

I tried Ajour once and I didn’t really like it. I’ve used both WowUp and and Curseforge and overall I like Curseforge better.

3 Likes

I, and other smarter devs :laughing: , hangout in the discords I linked above. Addon development is primarily community driven, Blizz provides the background information you’ll need but as far as how to put it all together to make addons that is all managed by the players.

1 Like

That make sense I just don’t have any addons from Wowinterface.

2 Likes

Start using WoWup.

We knew Overwolf would end up being trash.

13 Likes

People saying they use their curseforge client separately from overwolf, how exactly are you doing that? My curseforge client will not run without overwolf. Explain your voodoo.

4 Likes

You can’t.

3 Likes

Exactly, so why are some saying they can? Do they know some alternate method?

1 Like

I hate addons.

As far as I know It’s impossible. Curseforge needs Overwolf to function. They may think they’re running Curseforge only but Overwolf is running the background.

2 Likes

That seems strange.
All addons?
I could understand hating like WeakAuras or TradeskillMaster as that’s fairly common but you hate Masque too? It just skins buttons :laughing:

1 Like

Why though? Blizzard can’t just add these things for us?

They literally make billions of dollars.

1 Like

They aren’t going to spend money on something other people are already doing for free.

2 Likes

Wowup for as long as curse uses anything Overwolf. lol.

Wowup is way better on every level.

9 Likes

Different tastes make that an unreasonable request.

Checkout AzeriteUI, pretty nifty UI

It uses custom textures that the developer made. Now let’s look at Elvui

Elvui is mostly just rectangular transparent windows. Nothing wrong with that but these are two different aesthetic styles that will attract different people. There’s no way for Blizz to provide the volume of customization to appeal to every person who plays wow. But they can provide the resources for us to make it ourselves.

Oh and just because I like them I’m going to share some more, Overwatch UI!

RothUI Diablo, this one is on WowInterface

Also uses custom textures

8 Likes

That explains why we test the game for them on the PTR.

1 Like

But why though? I have friends that use and have no complaints

6 Likes