Overwolf Denies WoWUp Its API

You can always manually update like people have mentioned.

70% to the authors is generous and the ads don’t seem very intrusive. I wish it didn’t come with Overwolf itself but once I fiddled some settings around it’s only open when curseforge is.

1 Like

This? Yes that’s overwolf.

Checkout this site for suggestions on other addons :slight_smile:

1 Like

As long as I don’t see ads during gameplay I will live.

“Your version of Deadly Boss Mods is out of date! Update now and receive 10% off your next purchase at Gamestop!” (Not valid on PS5 games and accessories)

1 Like

Thank you for the suggestion will take a look there.

There are no other sites. You’d have to download this: https://download.curseforge.com/

Which is what everyone’s talking about here. That app is run by Overwolf. So it’ll download both the Curseforge app and Overwolf. In the settings, you’ll have to find where to quit the app on exit and make sure you exit it every time after you use it.

It would have taken you longer to write just this one response than it would to disable the right settings in Overwolf to ensure only Curseforge opens and closes when you run it and nothing pops up on your screen.

2 Likes

Wowinterface.com has a downloader called “mmoui

For those in the Elvui system, they have their own downloader as well.

1 Like

Wowinterface doesn’t have all addons.

To be fair, no site does

1 Like

I always downloaded myself and put in folder, but just downloaded wowup 2 days ago. That didn’t last long.

1 Like

Neither does Curseforge… They are spread all over a variety of sites.

Curseforge, WowInterface, Tukui.org, Wago.io, and Github all host different WOW addons and configurations. Plus some developers even manage their own sites.

1 Like

wonder why blizz doesn’t host their own addon database

2 Likes

That would be really good Lorkhan. But when I look at the list of them they are huge could they do that many do you think?

I’ve been manually downloading add-ons ever since Overwulf took over. I’d never done it before, but it only takes a few minutes to learn, I’d definitely recommend it.

1 Like

Money, in both actual server space and man hours developing/maintaining it.
They don’t need to since the community makes their own platforms.
Maybe reducing blame, if an addon is hosted on Blizz’s site people may blame Blizz for problems with it even though it was made by someone else.
Oh also maybe license and copyright concerns

Overwolf is terrible. It’s unfortunate this happened to WoWup it was my go-to. I will not be using overwolf… Ever.

It’s actually been kind of weird how many add-ons have died anyway… No one is really putting anymore time into this game. We have our main addon developers and that is pretty much it. We rarely see new add-ons or custom UIs anymore.

Overwolf/curse doing this will only further those problems.

5 Likes

Exactly, first thing I do is find the “close minimizes to tray” option and TURN THAT CRAP OFF. When I say QUIT, I want it to quit. I have zero issues with OverWolf this way. I do the same with the battle.net launcher, steam, etc.

3 Likes

Truth is I haven’t learned or understand any other languages you have listed other than LUA. I would say for WoW addons, the LUA language is pretty easy and an unboastful language to learn.

Ajour supports all of those :heart:

Or it used to before Overwolf announced they are fiddling with api access and Ajour ceased development :sob: It’ll still work for the other sources though just not CurseForge only addons

Sweet! Thanks for posting the free pdf version! I actually paid for it and learned it a good couple months back. The knowledge was easy to update via some research. It will definitely give you the baseline to rocket off with!