Overused Words

Trigger, meta, toxic, casual, hardcore, shill, the lost goes on an on.

1 Like

“literally”

Like… I LITERALLY died.

3 Likes

Was that a joke? I thought it was a discussion.

Did anyone add
Slap in the face?

On a similar note: “I couldn’t care less.”

Well obviously you can, otherwise you wouldn’t have made your supposed lack of care known.

1 Like

“toxic”

“karen”

Both terms used by people that have lost an argument or can’t justify their statement.

(to be fair I use toxic sometimes :wink:)

i can deal with that.

…but i die a little bit inside every time someone says “i could care less”, when they actually mean “couldn’t” :crazy_face:

You’re like literally the small mustached German guy for saying that. That type of thought is problematic.

People still use like that way? I thought that got left behind in the 80s.

Sure lets start with the word for a German political party in ww2.

Apparently anyone thats to the right of Stalin is now considered this, according to people on twitter, twitch, reddit and other far left platforms.

It’s meaningless. It’s a blanket ad hominem used to stifle conversation(an old far left tactic).

Another is racism. It genuinely gets played far too often and seemingly only towards White people.

Newsflash, ANYONE can be racist, despite what the far left told you.

For a quick example, remember the covington kid who got labled both of the words i just referenced? For the crime of simply standing still and smiling while wearing a Maga hat.

Yea, he was deemed evil, yet literally 15 yards away there was Black Hebrew Israelites on video screaming ACTUAL racial and homophobic slurs at both the White boys and the Native man.

Did that make the news? Of course not.

1 Like

eggdog and biden

Anyone who unironically uses the term ‘toxic’ should be ganked by a pack of rogues.

1 Like

Artaxerxes wuz here 460 bc. Inaros lays with animals.

1 Like

I’d like to include telling people on the internet what your job is in real life. Nobody cares.

For me it’s usually not the words or phrases themselves, but more the fact that they’re so overused. So that list changes over time, and includes many of the examples already given here, but theoretically could be any word or phrase, given enough performative and dogmatic repetition.

To add to our list, I’ll bring up “trash”, “dead”, and “ghost town”. Generally, when I see people abuse absolute terms to make their opinions or feelings seem more important, it’s hard to take them seriously.

With the overuse of “trash”, I usually see people who seem to view everything as disposable, so naturally everything they see is trash. So it’s both absolute and also meaningless.

“Dead” and “ghost town” to me usually just translate to “I demand constant stimuli to be entertained, but I myself have nothing to offer”.

3 Likes

Everything annoys me now a days, but probably more than anything all the minions on streams repeating the same thing over and over.

Woke is honestly a useful term imo. Not necessarily in the context you mentioned it of course, but I digress.

Woke seems to be a general description of the weird culty phenomenon that stems from critical theory but is not critical theory because the majority of those that are “woke” don’t actually have any familiarity with critical theory itself. I think it’s useful to describe that concept but it also gets used in a billion different ways.

I think the hyperbole one might just be a pet peeve of yours unless I misunderstand you. I get annoyed when people use a word that they clearly don’t know the definition of but the word that is being used incorrectly doesn’t usually have much bearing on said annoyance.

Those are just my thoughts. Cheers.

1 Like

They get away with it in most cases because the media and most social media platforms blindly defend the left.

Critical race theory is already being rolled out in some schools, for anyone who hasn’t read up on it, it’s incredibly divisive and toxic and has no place being taught to kids.

2 Likes

Referring to the dorks you don’t like by comparing them (or their output) to numerous fatal illnesses mostly of the ocular variety is still a thing. Right? I don’t forum that often anymore.

2 Likes