Overcrowded Realm Update – August 21

I don’t understand the logic of continuing to insult the playerbase’s choice of what realms they are rolling on. You gave us only a couple places to make characters and now you seemed shocked that they filled up.

All PvE servers are either Full or High population. Telling those players to roll on a PvP server isn’t a good solution.

Also if a bunch of people did switch off the full realms to those two servers you suggested they would be high population pretty fast anyway.

The obvious answer is to have more realms, not sure what the holdup is in creating them. A new PvE realms is especially needed.

25 Likes

No, starting small was the absolute correct decision for long term health. They’ve already added servers, it was not Blizzard’s choice for you to roll on a full one, you had the opportunity to roll and get your name on a lesser pop one. We all knew Herod, Mankrik, Faerlina, and Whitemane would be full up to the brim stuffed overcrowded off the bat.

Your choices. Not Blizz’s.

4 Likes

Im going home, and home is on Herod.

3 Likes

They were only low pop for about a day. I think you haven’t been paying attention.

2 Likes

Blizzard should have allowed only one name reservation. No one knows what servers are ballooned with actual players and which are ballooned with alts.

6 Likes

Classic should have been a one time purchase.

For all we know, a “Full” server now will be dead within a month, just because everyone on Retail wanted to reserve a name just because they can.

This whole thing is screwed up.

2 Likes

The reason they have long ques is because that is how they have it set. Forced like cattle to the pens that they want.

Maybe, but I’m betting most of the players will be from private servers and diehard fans of old.

4 Likes

Blizzard should NEVER have allowed name reservations in the first place, it was a cash grab and nothing else.

15 Likes

Oh I have, I delete the 3 toons and move every time they open a server, get my names, and see what’s next. See, like a reasonable person, I can adapt to changes that are necessary.

8 Likes

Most of us that plan on playing on Herod are coming from the private server scene. We are used to having 16k players at launch in ONLY the starting zones. That is insane. When i look at blizz servers, i think dead servers.

Please make Herod a mega-server. Itll work itself out in the end. The people that dont like it are not even playing on it. The people that are just want a mega-server. Private servers shown this was possible.

4 Likes

“You think you want classic…well and actually you did”

5 Likes

This is not a Private Server and nothing like it. Get your Private Server mentality out of here please because we do not want it.

22 Likes

Most people will reroll once they experience the joy of waiting in queue

9 Likes

Blizzard was not prepared.

8 Likes

They have the infrastructure and funds to do it if they want. But there’ll still be a bottleneck at logins to some extent.

2 Likes

Another PvE and PvP server would be nice

1 Like

So Medium servers will have ques as well? I’m assuming this is just until the additional layer is created, or are they specifically talking about PHASE 2 ques. If Medium servers have ques during phase 1, that feels like a failure on layering’s behalf.

2 Likes

I dont typically post on the forums, but had to for this.

I just love the fact that EVERYONE will be seeing high queue times based on the way this sounds. Cant wait until layering is turned off and we see even higher queue times! /sarcasm

2 Likes

Server pride is such a huge deal, the only relationship we have with these realms is the names and the characters created on them. My crew and I talked it out and decided to make the switch to Blaumeux the minute it was opened at 7. Hoping for a super smooth launch and can’t wait to play.

5 Likes